samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Chapter 8 folks!
Thank you sooo much for keeping up with this story! I couldn't thank you all enough


I was missing her.

Bad.

I got out of bed, got ready, and headed to the floral shop. I got her a bouquet of lilies, and drove to her house. Her car was in the drive way, so at least she was home. I walked up to her door and knocked.

"It's open!" I heard her yell. I opened the door and walked in. I took my jacket off, hung it up, and went looking for her. I found her in the kitchen, on the floor scrubbing it. She was wearing sweats, barefoot, and a t-shirt. I couldn't help but smile.

"Knock knock." I said, with a smile on my face. She must have not heard me come in, because she jumped, squeaked, and landed on her side.

I laughed.

"Thank you!" She said, trying not to smile. But she wasn't fooling me!

"Sorry, but I never heard you squeaked before."

"Wow," She breathed. I laughed again and looked her up and down. I noticed that her toenails were painted a blue that complemented her eyes. I looked at her feet. She had cute feet. She was still lying on the ground, propped up on her elbows, looking up at me with a smile on her face.

"Nice outfit." She blushed,

"I don't normally dress like this. But I felt like cleaning today. It's too cold outside!"

"Don't worry. I think you look... cute." I actually thinks she looks adorable, but she would whoop my six if I said that.

"Cute?" She said.

"Yes. Most defiantly." She smirked and stood up.

I handed her the flowers, "Here, these are for you."

Her face lit up with a blinding smile. "Thank you! They are gorgeous!"

"You're welcome," I said. I watched as she moved around, looking for a vase. She reached up in a cupboard, standing on her tiptoes, her arm outstretched. Her shirt had risen up, and I looked hungrily at the exposed creamy, smooth skin there. I had to resit touching her. She was so tempting. I had no idea why, but today, just talking, flirting, and looking at seemed right. I wasn't nervous.

She got a vase and filled it with water, and put the lilies in it.

"So, what are they for?"

"Just because." I said. She gave me a smile.

"I never knew you were a softy, Colonel."

"I'm not. I was just being nice." She laughed,

"Sure. But really, thank you. No one has ever 'just bought me flowers' before."

"You are most welcome, Major."

She smiled and came over and gave me a hug. I wrapped my arms around her, feelings her warmth radiate from her soft, but firm body. She tightened her grip on me and I inhaled her sweet, sweet scent. We clung to each other for what seemed like eternity. We pulled apart,

"Wanna do something?" She asked.

"Sure, what do you wanna do?" I asked.

"I don't know. It's cold and cloudy outside."

"So?"

"You want to go outside in this weather?"

"Why not? We've been in worse."

She snorted at that, "I guess we have. Give me 5?"

"Go knock yourself out." She left, and I sat down on the couch. I looked around her living room. It was so... Carter. Everything had a spot, it was clean, and organized. I noticed she had a picture of SG1. We were obviously at the base, wearing fatigues. Sam looked like she was working on something in her lab. I remember that day. Danny, T and I went to scope out Sam. We were bugging her all week of what she wanted for her birthday. She kept saying "You figure it out." So we told Teal'c to ask her, hoping she would be intimidated by him asking, that she would have to answer him. Teal'c didn't understand the whole thing, but went along with it. We all walked into her lab and she was writing something down.

"Major Carter," Teal'c announced his presence.

"Hi, Teal'c!" She said.

"I must ask you a question, knowing you have the knowledge to the answer." He said boldly.

She gave a questioning look, "I'll try my best."

"What would you like to receive for your annual ritual of aging?" He said, straight faced. I wish I had his power to do that. Me and Space Monkey were hiding out in the hallway.

She shook her head and turned back to her notes, "Nice try, boys. I'm not telling you."

"Doh!" I shouted and walked in her lab with Daniel behind me.

"Come on, Carter! Tell us! You are killing all 3 of us!" I looked at Teal'c, "Well at least me and Space Monkey!"

She laughed, "I'm sorry. But I can't tell you!"

"And why not!?"

"Because."

Teal'c stood off to the side while me and Daniel huddled around her. She was sitting on a stool, writing more techno babble on paper.

Both Daniel and I went into a chorus of saying 'please' over and over again. We were bent over with our forearms on the desk, so we were kinda right in her face.

She just shook her head and continued writing.

"Carter, do I have to make that an order?"

She looked up at me and smiled, looking right into my eyes. And that was when the picture was taken. I don't know by who. But the look she was giving me was pulling at my heart. My reverie was broken when I heard a door open, followed by footsteps. She came out dressed in blue jeans and a sweater.

"Ready?" I asked her.

"Yeah, just let me get my jacket on." She walked over, put on her shoes, and reached for her jacket. It was brown and the hood had fur on it. The jacket wasn't exactly loose fitting. It made her look taller, and even more elegant.

"Wanna go to the park?" I said, once we got outside.

"Sure."



End Notes: Their little park 'date' is in the making!

xoxo,

WhiteTigers