samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Chapter 9!
Enjoy!


We walked across the street to the park. Even though it was chilly out, there was still kids. I saw how Sam watched them slide down the slides, and run to their moms.

"Wanna swing on the swings?" I asked her.

"Jack, I'm almost 32!" She said with a smile.

"So? Old people can't have fun?" I ruffled her hair and made it so imperfect. But she still looked perfect.

"Hey! I fixed my hair before we left!" She said, acting mad.

"You look pretty like that."

"I bet if I shaved my head you would say I'm pretty."

"You betcha."

She laughed.

"C'mon!" I said and grabbed her hand. I pulled her to the swings and made her sit on one.

"Oof!" She huffed. I laughed,

"Now hold on tight, Carter."

She giggled, "Why? It's not like you can do an underdog!"

"Watch me!"

I stood behind her and started pushing her. I pushed her high in the air, and ran under her. She laughed while swinging back and forth.

"See?"

"You proved me wrong!"

We both laughed and I went behind her again, continuing to push her. She leaned back, so she was looking at me upside down. Her nose and cheeks were red from the crisp air, and she was smiling. It was a smile that showed the world she was happy right now. Her eyes glittered like a child's eyes on Christmas morning.

"Catch me!" She shouted.

I ran in front of her and opened my arms. Once she reached the high point of swinging, she leaped off and screamed as she flew through the air. I caught her in my arms, but fell to the ground holding her.

"Jeez, Carter! What have you been eating!?" I said teasingly.

She laughed, and leaned down to kiss me suddenly. I took me a minute to register her kissing me. But I was kissing her back. The kiss wasn't mad with passion. But it was passionate and gentle, but that was enough to keep feeding the wildfire between us. I pulled back, both of us out of breath.

She looked in my eyes. Her eyes were a dark, ocean blue.

"What now?" I asked.

"Wanna go back to my place and have hot chocolate? Maybe make some popcorn and watch a movie?"

"Sounds great. But can I run back to my place and change into something more comfortable?"

"Absolutely! Everything should be ready by the time you get back."

We walked back to her place, and she walked me to my truck. I leaned in an kissed her. I could do this forever. If I didn't need to breathe. She deepened the kiss, wrapping her arms around my neck. My tongue sought out entrance, and got it immediately. Her warm mouth was sweet and very addicting. I slowly pulled away, whispering against her lips,

"I'll be back."

She smiled and whispered back, "You better. Or there will be consequences."

"I promise." I untangled myself reluctantly away from her and got in my truck. I backed out of the driveway and looked out the window at her. She blew me a kiss and waved. I smiled and drove away.

----------

I arrived back in sweats and a flannel. I walked in the house and kicked my shoes off. I could smell popcorn. I followed the scent into the kitchen. She was just pouring the hot chocolate into coffee mugs.

"Hey," She smiled.

"Miss me?"

"Almost didn't make it." She smiled, and I snorted.

"What movie are we watching?"

"I couldn't decide. So I just found the Simpson's on TV."

"You like that show!" I said.

"No! I was just thinking of your happiness." She said, as serious as she could while lying.

"Yeah, sure."

We went and sat down on the couch, touching each other's shoulders. We drank the cocoa, ate the popcorn. Then Sam snuggled up against me, and I snuggled her right back. After another episode, I realized Sam was sleeping. I didn't want to get up. I was comfy on her leather couch, and her warm body against mine. I snuggled her closer, and she sighed in her sleep. I kissed her head, and closed my eyes. Not even bothering with the TV.

I fell asleep with the woman I love in my arms.



End Notes: Cute, eh? :)
Thank you bunches! Love ya'll!!

xoxo,

WhiteTigers