samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Cassie came out on the stage once again.

“Well, from what I could see there are lots of happy faces out there tonight. This song I chose for tonight’s play is called “Always” by Atlantic Starr. The words from the song do speak about Jack and Sam and about the love they have for each other; their plans for the future, hopefully with children, that they both will love and put joy into their hearts. Act III will start in a few minutes.”

Then she returned to behind the curtain and the curtain went up a few minutes later. It showed Jack and Sam walking into Jack’s office. Jack pushed a couple of buttons on the phone

“Hello, White House. How can I help you?”

“This is General O’Neill, I would like to speck to the President please; he is expecting my call this morning.”

“Yes General O’Neill, I’ll put you through right away” then they heard a click from the phone.

“General O’Neill, have you made you decision?”

“Yes sir, I do want to retire and marry Sam” Jack said, looking at Sam.

“So, you talked it over?”

“Yes sir and I even asked her to marry me last night and she said yes.”

“Congratulations General; I suppose you have already signed the papers?”

“Yes sir, you should already have them in your hands.”

“Ah yes, I’ve have them. I’ll sort out the paperwork on this end; it will take a couple of weeks and then you can retire as a General of the United States Air Force.”

“Thank you sir”

“Is Colonel Carter there with you?”

“Yes sir”

“Colonel Cater, congratulation’s on your engagement.”

“Thank you sir”

“Well, good luck to you both.”

“Thank you sir” Jack said.

“I better go; I have a meeting in a couple of minutes. Take care, both of you and I hope I get an invitation.”

“Don’t worry sir, you will be at the top of the list” Jack said smiling at Sam.

“Good, let me know when the date is so I can have it booked.”

“It’s the fourteenth of February next year sir.”

“You two didn’t waste any time?”

“What do you mean, sir?”

“Setting a date.”

“With all due respect sir, we are eight and half years late,” Sam said.

“Better late than never.”

“True sir. We better let you go and enjoy your lovely meeting.”

“Well it goes with the job, see you two next year, bye” then the phone went dead, and Jack pushed a button.

“What do we do now Sam?”

“For one thing, you have to talk to Dad, where ever he is and also let our family and friends know” Jack pushed a button.

“Walter, can you get Daniel, Murray and Doctor Fraser in my office please?

“Yes sir” they heard on the intercom.

“So how are the computer diagnostics coming along?”

“I am almost finished with the update of the new program.”

“Good, so how about dinner at your place tonight and we can get started with our wedding plans.”

“Sounds good to me, what time?”

“How about 1900 hours.”

“Ok, I’ll bring pizza.”

“Good” Then there was a knock on the door

“Enter” Daniel, Teal’c and Janet walked out onto the stage.

“Hi guys, can you close the door behind you?” Jack said. Once the door was closed they all sat down.

“I have some news for you; I’m retiring in two weeks.”

“What? Why Jack?” Daniel looked shocked, as was Janet. Teal’c just raised an eyebrow.

“Sam, you knew about this and you didn’t tell me?”

“Janet, Jack and I talked about it last night and he spoke to the President just a few minutes ago. It’s been confirmed; in two week time Jack will be retired.”

“Sam, you just called him Jack” Janet said.

Both Janet and Daniel looked between Jack and Sam, who were smiling.

“Oh my god, you two didn’t” Daniel said

“Did what?” Jack look dumbfounded.

“You two slept together!”

“No, we haven’t.”

“Then, why the grin?”

Jack put his arm around Sam’s shoulder and Sam lifted her left hand. Their eyes widened and mouths dropped open in shock.

“Sam, when did this happen?” Janet asked as she held onto Sam’s left hand to have a closer look at the ring.

“Last night at dinner, after we talked, he proposed to me and I said yes.”

“Sam, Jack congratulations” Daniel said.

They all stood up and Daniel was the first to give them both a hug and then so did Janet and Teal’c.

“When is the wedding?” Janet asked

“February the fourteenth” Sam said

“What, that’s Valentines Day, how romantic” Janet said.

“Daniel, would you like to be my best man?” Daniel’s eyes widened and his smile got even bigger.

“Of course Jack, yes.”

“Good, I’ll talk to Ferretti tomorrow; he can be the other best man.”

“Janet would you like to be my matron of honour?”

“Yes, I would love to Sam. We have lots to do between now and the wedding.”

“Don’t remind me and of course Cassie will be the other bride’s maid.”

“She would be honoured Sam.”

“We all better get back to work. We don’t want to get into trouble with the boss” Sam said grinning.

“No, we don’t want to, see you at lunch” they kissed once more before the four of them left his office.

Jack was grinning as he sat done behind his desk and opened up a folder that was in front of him. “Life can be sweet some days” then the curtain came down.

As soon as Janet and Sam were back stage, Janet had another look at the ring.

“Is it real or fake?”

“Janet it is real. Cassie must have told Jack that I loved this type of ring and he must have bought it weeks ago.”

“I have to get changed again; come on we can talk while I’m getting changed.”

They went into the women’s dressing room so Sam could get change again. Cassie walked out onto the stage.