samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


“Lizzie, Jason; what do you think of Pete?”

“He’s ok; he loves Auntie Sam I think, but I don’t think she loves him” Lizzie said.

“Oh, why do you say that?”

“Well, before Dad introduced Pete to Auntie Sam I could see that she was happy and she talked to Jason and me about Teal’c, Daniel and Jack. She talked a lot about Jack; it was always Jack this and Jack that, like she was in love with him. Then, when Auntie Sam came to see us, Pete showed up, like he knew when she was at our house.”

“Ok, what else?”

“The last time Auntie Sam came to visit us, he showed up and when she took us to the park, he was there. She can’t even go two steps without him being there, next to her and he didn’t like the way she talked to us about her friends. I even heard them fighting the night before she came back here.”

“What were they fighting about?”

“Auntie Sam’s work; about how she was working long hours and was hardly at home and being away a lot. Even Jack’s name was brought up and something about a Stargate” Jacob was shocked when his granddaughter said the word Stargate, knowing that it was classified.

“What? Who said that?”

“Pete did and Auntie Sam said that was classified. She told us that her work was top secret but how did Pete know what she does and not you and Dad?”

“I don’t know sweetie. Anyway, what do you think of Jack now that you have met him? I saw you two talking with him.”

“He is funny, I like him. Auntie Sam told us that he loves watching the Simpson’s and that he is a big kid at heart” Jacob chuckled.

“Yes he is that. What else?”

“He told us that he has a cabin and a lake where the fish grow this big” and she showed him with her hands.

“Really? What about you Jason, what do you think?” he looked into the rear view mirror.

“I like Jack too; he said that he will take us Carter’s up to his cabin for a week and that he has being trying to get Auntie Sam to say yes to going with him for years.”

“I bet he has” he grinned.

“I can see why Auntie Sam loves him. He makes her smile and laugh at his silly jokes” then he started giggling

“What’s so funny?”

“Last night he said Carter would you like to dance and I said which Carter; there are three of us here. He just rolled his eyes and shook his head. He bent down and said to us,

“I’m asking your beautiful, smart Auntie Sam to dance”. She went all red and she smiled at him. I said,

“You mean you wife? Shouldn’t you be calling her O’Neill? After all, you did marry her” Jacob laughed.

“You two are so much like Sam. Who would you like to see Sam marry?”

“Jack!” they both said at the same time, which made Jacob smile.

They reached the park and all got out. The kids ran over to the swings while the others sat down at one of the picnic tables to watch them.

“Dad, are you going to be here for Sam’s wedding next month?” Mark asked.

“Yes, I’ll be here for it. I’ve already booked my holidays for then. I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

He knew that he had already done that and he saw how happy Jack and Sam were together. Then Jacob got up and walked over to where the kids were playing. He decided to join them, chasing them around the park, tickling them, pushing them on the swings. They were there for an hour before the kids said that they were hungry.

They all went back to the hotel for some lunch before Mark and his family had to leave for the airport. When they left, Jacob walked over to his SUV and he knew Pete was following him.

“Jacob” Jacob stopped at the door of the truck and turned around.

“Yes”

“Sir, I would like to marry Sam.”

“Really; why?”

“Because I love her” Jacob walked up to him and looked into his eyes and then Jacob’s eyes flashed.

“The answer is no”

Then he turned around and walked back to his truck and opened the door.

“She’s going to marry me or the world will know… and you and the government are not going to stop me” Jacob turned around and looked at him.

“I know that; I know about the blackmail Shanahan and I’m not happy with what you are doing. Not just to my daughter but to everyone who has risked their lives to keep this planet safe. Good bye.”

Jacob got into the truck and left. He headed to the SGC. Shanahan went back to Sam’s place, not knowing that he was being followed.