samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


The next morning Jack and Sam were waiting next to the DHD. They were hugging and kissing when the gate started spinning; when the wormhole was established,

“This is Stargate Command calling the newlyweds.”

“Funny George. What’s been happening? Anything interesting I should know about?”

“Jack you are on your honeymoon and you are asking about work?”

“You know me. Anyway, we are ready if you want to start sending the gear through” and then one FRED came through with Daniel behind it with the controls.

“Daniel, what the hell are you doing here?” Jack said.

“Ok sir, send the next one through” Daniel said into his radio.

“Sir, what’s going on?” Sam said.

“Colonel, Dr Jackson will explain while he is helping get everything set up.”

“Where is Teal’c?” Jack asked and then the second ‘FRED’ came through with Teal’c behind it.

“Teal’c, this is a surprise” Sam said as she gave them both a hug.

“George, Teal’c just arrived; I’ll send them back when everything is done.”

“Ok Jack, talk to you later, Hammond out” then the gate shut down.

“Ok Daniel, what’s going on?” Jack asked.

“Pete showed up yesterday looking for Sam and he has also been calling the base asking for her” he said looking at them.

“What did you say?” Sam asked.

“Walter took care of it; he said that you were off world for a week.”

“Shit” Sam said, running her hands through her hair.

“Sam, what is it?” Jack looked at her and she looked up at him.

“When ever we go off world I call him to let him know if I was going to be off world for two days or more. He realized that I hadn’t called and that is why he showed up at the base. I’m sorry Jack.” Jack pulled her into his arms.

“Don’t worry, we will think of something to explain why you didn’t call.”

“Sam, Pete is coming on base in the morning at 1030, I’m sure we can think of some thing between now and then.”

“Thanks guys, shall we start getting things sorted out.”

They headed off to where they were planning on camping. Jack and Sam had their arms around each other as they walked with Daniel and Teal’c.

“So, how are things at the SGC?”

“Good, Siler ended up in the infirmary again yesterday, SG 5 & 8 came back with some ancient device and one of the scientists wanted to figure it out but General Hammond said no and he wasn’t happy about it. The place has been quiet while you two are here.”

“Really, are you saying that they miss us?”

“Yes, Jack, they miss the flirting that has been going on between you two over the years, with you showing up at Sam’s lab at all hours of the day and night. The talks you two have while eating in the mess hall. The base gossip has died down while you two are here.”

“Really, what are they so interested in us for? Who and what started it?”

“Who started it? It was Ferretti who started it. What started it was when you two first met and how Sam stood up to Kawalski, Ferretti and you. What really got the tongues waging was the Land of Light Touched virus” Daniel said grinning. Jack groaned and Sam blushed.

“Daniel Jackson, I believe you owe me twenty dollars.”

“What, you two bet on us?”

“And General Hammond and Jacob” Daniel said, grinning.

“Some things will never be the same again” Jack said.