samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


After lunch, they showed Daniel and Teal’c the hot springs and some of the places that they had seen as well as the ruins that Sam found the day before. They walked around for about an hour before heading to the swimming hole.

“Would you two like to join us in a swim? It gets really hot at this time of the day.”

“Sure, why not, but we didn’t pack any trunks.”

“Go and check the camp. I noticed two bags there, near one of the “FRED’s, perhaps there is something in there” Sam said.

“Ok, we will meet you two back here in half an hour?”

“Ok” and they left.

Daniel and Teal’c went to the SG1 campsite while Jack and Sam went to their tent to get changed. When Daniel and Teal’c reach the campsite they found the two bags and opened them up. Sure enough, there were swimming trunks, sun block and towels waiting for them.

They got changed in their tent and then headed to the swimming hole. Jack and Sam were already there and were already swimming when they arrived.

“Hey guys, come on in?” Sam said. They put their towels down and went and joined them.

“Wow, the water is nice and cool.”

“It is, isn’t it?” they all swam around.

Then they went and sat on some rocks that were under water and in the shade. The rocks they sat on let the water come up to their chests.

“So, what are we going to do about Pete?” Jack asked, looking at Sam.

“When he arrives at the SGC, get him into some BDU’s and bring him here. If he asks why you two have returned, just tell him that you needed a couple of books, allergy tablets and more food and water, clothing. When you see General Hammond, let him know that Jack here granted another week on the planet and he should be returning back the next day, say it so Pete can hear what you two are talking about.”

“Ok, that sounds like a plan to me” Jack said

“So, how is the honeymoon so far?”

“It has been really great. We are having the time of our lives” Sam said, smiling.

“We can tell that the both of you are relaxed and happy. I’m happy for you two.”

“Thanks Daniel”

“Jack, I hadn’t noticed it until now but what happened to your hair?”

“What do you mean Daniel?”

“Well, it’s the colour; it’s changing back to brown. Haven’t you noticed it before Sam?”

“No, I had other things on my mind” she said blushing.

“Well you do look different Jack. Younger, perhaps the honeymoon might have some thing to do with it.”

“Could be Daniel,” he said grinning.

“How long do you usually stay in here for?”

“Couple of hours”

“Wow, that long.”

“Yep, it gives us a chance to talk and also get to know one another better.”

“Oh”

They talked about the different missions that they had been on together, laughing about the jokes that they had played on each other over the years. They even swam around for a while. Before long, they noticed that the sun was starting to set so they all got out and dried off.

“Sam and I will get the fire started while you two go and get dressed; meet us at our camp in half an hour?”

“Sure Jack, see you two later.”

Daniel and Teal’c went back to the SG1 campsite while Jack and Sam headed back to their camp. When Jack and Sam arrived, they changed and then started the fire and getting dinner ready.