samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Sam was showing Pete the waterfall first; they sat on the ground and started to talk.

“Are you looking forward to the wedding?”

“No”

“Come on Sam, I know that everything is going to be great.”

“Will it? I know it will be for you but not for me.”

“You know what will happen if you don’t show up and we don’t get married?” Sam was looking down and she picking at the grass.

“Yeah, I know”

“I bought us a house” Sam looked up at him in shock, he was smiling.

“A house?”

“Yes. When you return, I want you to move in with me and to sell your place.”

“Not right away. It will take a few days to get everything sorted out.”

“I know; by that time we will be married.”

Sam looked over to where the water fall was. She was thinking about what she could do. She knew that the wedding was three weeks away and she and Jack still had one more week of their honey moon left. She didn’t know what to do; she knew that she needed time to think things over and to think of a plan.

Give her any alien device and she could solve it. With something like this, it was a different matter; she had only been in one relationship but that was nine years ago with Jonas and she was lucky to get away from him. But this situation, she was caught between the devil and the deep blue sea and she couldn’t see a way to solve this.

She knew that she was running out of time but she also needed to keep calm. Pete was looking at her, wondering what she been thinking. He knew that he had her cornered as well as the SGC and he decided to tell her what his next plan was.

“Sam” She didn’t say anything or even indicate that she heard him.

“Sam” he said a bit louder and she moved her head to look at him.

“What?” She snapped at him.

“After we are married, I want us to start a family right away.”

Sam’s eyes widened with the news; she opened her mouth and then closed it. She was hoping that she was already pregnant with Jack’s child.

“What? That could take mouths; I’m on the birth control injection.”

“When are you due to take the next one?”

“Next week, when I return.”

Knowing that she hadn’t had it since before being transferred over two months ago, she remembered what Janet said to her; that it would take a month or so before something happened and so she hoped that she was already pregnant.

“Well, I want you to stop taking them. How long before you know if you can start having a baby?”

“Normally, about three months or more.”

“Then we can start practicing when we get married.”

She looked away from him. She knew that the next two hours were going to be the longest of her life. They remained silent until Sam heard foot steps and she turned to see Jack walking towards them. He could see how upset she was.