samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


They stood up and Jack and Sam showed them around; they showed them the hot springs, the water fall, the swimming hole and the ruins. They headed back to the campsite, passing by the Stargate. As they walked past it, they stopped when they noticed a green chill bin at the base of the gate. Teal’c went to check it; there was a note on top of it. He took it off and passed it to Jack, who opened it smiled and then he passed it to Sam.

“What is it, Jack?” Jacob asked,

“Oh, George sent us some goodies for afternoon tea. He had Cassie go to the bakery in town to buy some cakes and pastries for us after he found out what happened to Shanahan’s nose and the wet clothes.”

“Wow, I wonder what Cassie got us then?”

“Who knows. Daniel, Teal’c would you two like to carry our goodies back to the camp site and I’ll put the coffee on for us. Don’t worry Jacob, Martin we have juice for you two.”

“Thanks Jack.”

They headed back to camp and when they got there Jack put the gas cooker on for the water for the coffee, while Sam opened the big chill bin and her eyes widened and her mouth dropped open.

“Dad, I hope Selmac likes sweets?”

“Yes, she does, why?” he walked over to her and he saw what was in the bin.

“Holy Hannah, Cassie must have bought out the whole shop.”

“Why, what did she get us?”

Sam passed Jacob some of the food and he put it on the table. They were still in the clear plastic containers, so everyone could see what the selection was.

“Wow, she must have alright; there is enough in there for at least two SG teams, for two days” Jack said.

Sam finished pulling all the containers out and then she went to give Jack a hand. He had just finished making the coffee when he stopped and looked around. Sam saw his face and knew that something was up.

“Jack?”

“We are not alone” he said it very quietly, so only the others could hear.

“Jack?”

“I want you guys to stay here and Sam you are with me.”

Jack went back in the tent, while the others looked around but couldn’t see anything wrong. They knew they could always trust Jack when he said something like that and he was usually right. When he returned, he passed Sam a Zat and they left the campsite, while the others spread out and looked around.

Sam and Jack checked out the area and when they reached the path between the Stargate and where their tent was they both heard foot steps. They went behind a couple of trees and then they saw four people in BDU’s and wearing sun hats. Jack and Sam walked out into the clearing and clicked open their zats; the four stopped in their tracks and raised their hands.

“Ok, who ever you are, turn around real slow” Jack said.

They turned around and Jack and Sam were shocked when the saw who their captives were.

“Crap” Jack said quietly.

“Sirs, Janet?”

Sam stood at attention and saluted when she recognized Generals Ryan and Hammond, President Henry Hayes and Janet. The Generals returned her salute.

“You guys made enough noise. If there was a Jaffa patrol around here you guys would be dead,” Jack said, shaking his head.

“Jack, Sam, I hope you two don’t mind us dropping in like this? Did you get my surprise?” Hammond said.

“Yes sir, thank you sir, we did.”

“This is a surprise sirs and thanks for the sweets” they all headed back to camp.

“So Doc, I hope you shoved one of your large needles into Shanahan’s ass when he got back?” Sam giggled and the others grinned.

“Oh yes I did, after I asked him about his nose and how he got wet.”

“I wish I had been there to see his face when you did it, doc.”

“Well, he won’t be able to sit down for a week and he is going to have a lovely big bruise there as well.”

“Ouch, I better watch out then.”

“Yes, you better.”

“Jack, you look different. Your hair is darker; have you been trying to dye it?”

“Ah no sir, it’s the water on this planet. It is making Sam and me younger. Daniel was able to translate some of his rocks. Ask him about it when you guys get back and don’t be surprised if he asks if he can return. If he does, he will have to wait until after our honeymoon is over.”

“Ok”

“So George how’s the head? Jacob told us about how you two got drunk on the brandy after the wedding?”

“Its fine, the drink was smooth. Selmac let him enjoy himself and let him suffer the next morning” Jack and Sam laughed.

Jack put his hand around Sam’s shoulders and she put her arm around his waist, as they walked back into camp.

“It’s ok guys, just the big boss’s decided to pay us a visit.”

“George, this is a first” when Jacob saw who it was.

“Jacob”

Sam and Jack got everyone a drink and they all stood around and talked. Jacob showed them Daniel’s tape of how Pete was pushed into the swimming hole and they all laughed and enjoyed themselves. They were there for a couple of hours before Jack and Sam showed them around before heading back to the Stargate. When they got there Sam pulled Janet aside.