samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Sorry for not updating sooner, been having problems trying to get on this site today, feed back, yes please


They kissed and then they got up and got cleaned up and dressed before leaving their quarters. They arrived in the mess hall and Jack grabbed the last slice of chocolate cake and coffee while Sam got herself a slice of chocolate cheesecake and a bottle of water. They sat down at one of the tables, talking and sharing the cake and cheesecake between them.

The other personnel that were there saw them and smiled. Then the doors opened and a three star General walked in and saw them. He smiled and shook his head. ‘Some things will never change’ he thought and then he went and got himself a cup of coffee before walking over to them. They were looking at each other and didn’t seem to notice his approach.

“Hi George, what’s up?” Jack said, not taking his eyes off Sam.

Then she turned to see General Hammond standing there with a grin on his face.

“Hi Jack, Sam; I thought I would find you two in here at this time” then Jack turned to see him sit down.

“Sir, is everything alright?” Sam asked.

“Yes, I came to see how you two are coping with what has happened.”

“We are here for each other and Daniel and Teal’c are there for us also.” Sam said.

“I understand. I know that the next few days are going to be difficult for you both but you two have a lot of support behind you, even though everyone doesn’t know about what happened today.”

“Thank you sir, we know that we need it” then Sam’s phone range. She looked at it and relaxed and answered it.

“Hi Mark…. Ok, we will be there…. Ok bye” then she hung up.

“I better go sir. Jack, Mark’s plane will be landing in half an hour.” Sam went to get up.

“Sir, you don’t mind?” Hammond smiled.

“Just go, I’ll look after things here.”

“Thanks sir.”

“George, can you get Walter to take care of the security forms for Mark to sign?”
“Sure, just get out of here you two.”

“Thanks” then Jack and Sam stood up and they left the mess hall. Hammond finished his coffee and headed to the control room. Jack and Sam went to their lockers, since they wouldn’t have time to change, they just grabbed their wallets, jackets and keys before leaving together.

“Sam, we will take my truck if that is ok with you?”

“Sure” they arrived on the surface and got into Jack’s truck and left the base.

Twenty minutes later they arrived at the airport and Jack was able to find a parking space. Once they locked up, they ran towards the doors since it had started to rain. When they were in side, they went to find which gate Mark’s plane would be arriving at. When they got to the gate, Mark’s plane had just landed.

While they were waiting, Jack held on to Sam’s hand, giving it a squeeze. A few minutes later Sam saw him and smiled when he reached her. They hugged and Sam started to cry in her brother’s arms.

“Hey it’s ok, Sam, I’m here.” they pulled back so he could look at her and then he looked at Jack. He frowned, just like Sam did when she was working on something.

“Sam, what happened to you? You two look younger; what’s your secret? He and Jack shook hands.

“You will find out soon enough and please, call me Jack.”

“Ok, so long as you don’t call me Carter” and Sam giggled.

“Ok Mark. Shall we get your bags and Sam, what have I told you about giggling?”

“Jack I’ve was trying for years when we were younger and why did you just call her Sam?”

“Come on you two; let’s get out of here shall we?”

Sam started walking over to the baggage carousel and she knew which one was Mark’s bag, so she picked it up and turned to see both men heading towards her. Mark took his bag from Sam and they headed to the exit. Mark and Sam had their arms around each other.

“So, are we going to your place Sam?”

“No we are going to the base first; that is where my car is.”

“Ok, why didn’t you come and get me yourself?”

“I offered to drive her since she was still upset about what happened.”

“Sam I’m sorry for the way Pete acted towards you. I’ve never seen him like this before. What is really going on?”

“Don’t worry, we will talk about it but not here, ok?”

“Sure thing”.

They walked outside and since it had stopped raining, they walked to Jack’s truck and got in and they headed back to the SGC. Twenty minutes later they arrived at the base. They put his bag into Sam’s car before they headed towards the first checkpoint.

“Sam, what’s going on? Where are we going?”

“Trust me Mark” she said looking at him.

“Ok” and he followed them into the elevator.

A few minutes later they arrived on level twenty-seven and headed to the briefing room where Daniel, Teal’c and George were waiting for them.

“Mark, you remember General Hammond, Daniel and Murray?”

“Yes I do. Sam what’s going on?”

“Please take a seat Mark” Jack said and they sat down.

Mark looked around the room. Hammond passed the file to Sam with a pen on top of it. She turned to look at him and took a deep breath.

“Mark, I would like for you to sign this” and she passed the file to him.

“Why, what’s going on?”

“Mark, what we are about to tell you is under Chapter 11-9-C of the National Security Act. Once you sign this we can tell what’s going on.”

Mark looked at everyone there and then he looked at Sam. He knew that whatever she was doing under the mountain it must be important and somehow it was something to do with the Stargate project that she was talking about over the phone.

The curiosity got the better of him. He picked up the pen and opened the file and then he signed and dated the form. Once he was done he closed the folder and passed it back to Sam, who then passed it back to Hammond.

“Oh, now what is going on?”

“Mark, Pete was telling you the truth about the Stargate” Mark just stared at her.

“What”

“Please let us tell you about it and how Pete found out.”

“Ok” he nodded.

They all took turns at telling Mark about the Stargate. They told him the Goa’uld, the Asgard, the Tok’ra, everything, including about how Pete found out about it and how he was using the information to blackmail Sam. Thee hours later they stopped for a break.

“Sam, where is the men’s room?”

“I’ll show him since I have got to go there myself.”

“Thanks Jack. We will meet you in the mess hall” and they left the briefing room.

Sam went to the ladies room, before going to the mess hall. Jack showed Mark the men’s room. While in they were in there,

“Jack, can I ask you a question?”

“Sure, what is it?”

“Do you love Sam?” Jack turned and looked at him.

“Yes, I love your sister very much.”

“Why haven’t you done something about it?”

“Because I’m an ass. Come on before Sam eats all of the cake.”