samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


“Would you like to talk to her?”

“Sure”

“I had better warn you that my voice will change; then you will know that she is speaking through me.”

“I know about that, Sam told me” Jacob bowed his head, when he lifted it his eyes glowed.

“I’m an honoured to meet you, Mark Carter.”

“Ah, hi. This is strange.”

“I am pleased that you and my host are talking again. I can see all of his memories including what had happened to your mother.”

“Sam said that you and Dad share everything.”

“Yes we do, so that we can get to know one another better.”

“Did you know about Sam and Jack’s wedding?”

“Yes, it was my first Tau’ri wedding I have been too but I do have Jacob’s memories of other wedding he has been to.”

“Ok, well it was nice talking to you Selmac.”

“It has been an honour to speak with you too” then Jacob bowed his head and raised it again.

“What so you think of her?”

“Strange, but it will take some getting used to. She has a sense of humour like you Dad.” Jacob laughed.

“Yes she does. Remember at the end of the play, when Jack and Sam were kissing and everyone though it was me yelling at them like a couple of teenagers being busted by the girl’s father?”

“That wasn’t you?” he was surprised

“No it was Selmac. She thought that she would have some fun with them” and they all chuckled.

“Sam was right about one thing and that is that Selmac has smoothed heaps of those rough Carter edges off of you” he smiled.

“Yes she has” then Jacob turned to the others.

“Ok George, now what’s really going on?”

Sam opened her cell phone and pushed a couple of buttons and passed it to Jacob. He picked it up and looked at it and then he pushed the button and listened to the message. They could all see the anger in his face. Once he finished listening, he closed the phone and he bowed his head. They knew that Selmac was taking over.

“Jacob is very angry at this time, I want to know what he meant by a Court Martial?”

“He meant me, Selmac. That bastard has got a hidden video camera in my bedroom and he taped Sam and me making love and he sent a sample of it to Sam. It was from this morning” Jack said.

They all looked at Jacob, his head bowed and rose again.

“I’m sorry; I just can’t believe what’s going on. What is the plan?”

“I’m going to cancel the reception, the cake and the photographer, I will try as least but Pete could find out that I canceled everything and I don’t know what he will do.”

“Well, cancel everything Sam and we will see what will happen from there.”

“Thanks Dad.”

“Where are you going to stay until Friday?”

“Here. Mark you can stay here on the base as well. Jack said that he will get a VIP room set up for you.”

“Thanks Sam. Dad, how long can you stay?”

“I have to head back but I’ll be here on Friday night.”

“Ok, Dad.”

“Sam, will you be ok?”

“Yes Dad, I’ll be ok; Jack will make sure of that.”
“I know he will” they all stood and headed back down to the gate room.

Jack had Walter dial the Tok’ra home world before joining the others. Jacob gave both Mark and Sam a hug and he shook Hammond’s and Jack’s hands.

“See you guys on Friday; Jack look after her.”

“I will Dad.”

“Goodbye all and thanks for letting me know what’s going on.”

“Sure thing” and he walked up the ramp and through the gate and then it closed down.

“I had better head back to Washington and give the President an update about what has been going on here” Hammond said.

“Thanks for dropping by George; you know you are more than welcome here.”

“I know Jack. It was nice seeing you again Mark. I will see you on Friday.”

They shook hands and then Hammond pushed a device and disappeared in a white light.

“What happened? Where did he go?”

“Mark that was an Asgard transport device. He is in Washington now” Sam said with a grin on her face.

“Wow; so what happens now?”

“Come on, I’ll show you around and then we can get your bag and show you your room.”

“Okay.”

“Sam, I’ll get someone to get the room set up.”

“Thanks Jack” they kissed before leaving the gate room.

Jack went and got the cleaners in to clean one of the VIP rooms for Mark and then he did some work. Sam showed Mark around including her lab.

“This is where I work.”

“Wow”

He looked around the room and noticed her table was full of alien devices.

“Sam, Jack said when you were at one of the computers, that it was all your doing. What did he mean by that?”

“I created the dialing program and back ups since we didn’t have a DHD.”

“A what?”

“A DHD, that’s short for Dial Home Device, it has safety protocols for the gate, besides handling the dialing.”

“Ok; I guess Jack was right about you being smart” Sam smiled.

“Thanks, shall we continue.”

“Sure”

Sam showed him around and he asked a lot of question. A few minutes later they headed to the surface so that Mark could get his bag and then they headed back down. When they reached the VIP level, one of the airmen let Sam know which room was done up.

When they reached the room, Mark put his bag on the bed and then Sam carried on showing him around the base. When they had finished, they went back to her lab. Sam was showing Mark one of the devices as she talked to him. He watched her work around the lab.

It was just after 2000 hours when Jack showed up at her lab. He leaned against the door, watching Sam working and talking to Mark at the same time. Mark turned his head and saw Jack standing there with a grin on his face.

“Ah, Sam” Mark interrupted her.

“Yeah, Mark.”

She turned to look at him and then turned to see what he was looking at. She smiled when she saw that it was Jack.

“Hey, hungry you two?”

“Yeah, I am a bit,” Sam said.

“Mark?”

“Yes I am.”

“Good, Sam, shut everything down and let’s get out of here for a few hours.”
“Where are we going Jack?” Sam asked as she started shutting everything off.
“O’Malley’s, with Daniel and Teal’c.”

“Ok, give me a few minutes.”

“Sure, we will take my truck since there is more room” he said grinning.

“Do I need to change?”

“No you are just fine Mark. Anyway it is a steak house and they have the best steak.”

“We haven’t had steak in a long time.”

“Good, you are going to love it and we should tell you about what happened to us a few years ago, now that you have clearance.”