samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Sorry for not updating this morning, i was having problems trying to get on the site here. I just manage to get on and post this chapter, hopefuly i'll be able to post the next chapter of my other story before i go to bed. So enjoy this chapter and feed back, yes please


“Wow, so it is true then?”

“Yes it is.”

“But what are you telling us for; why now?”

“Sam, perhaps I should tell her.”

“Thanks Mark” Mark offered, knowing from the last time how upsetting it was when she told him about the blackmail.

“Teal’c and I will be in my lab, if you need us.” Daniel said as they both got up and left.

“Sam and I will be next door in my office. Come and knock when you are ready to talk some more” Jack said.

They stood up and went into his office and Jack closed the door to give Mark and Mary some privacy. Jack pulled Sam into his arms while looking out into the briefing room. He saw Mark telling Mary about the blackmail. He could see that she was going pale and covering her mouth with her hand from the shock. Jack pulled Sam back a bit so he could look at her.

“Hey, are you ok?”

“Yeah, I will be once this mess is over.”

“I know sweet heart” they kissed and hugged once again.

Mary could see into Jack’s office and she could see them hugging. She was shocked to find out about the blackmail and Pete’s threats.

“Oh, my god. The night of the play was a real wedding? He isn’t retired; but what about the regulations?”

“Sam was transferred to Area 51, wherever that is, for two months. This was so she wouldn’t be under his command when they got married.”

“What about the speeches?”

“All real.”

“What is he really like?”
“He is a great guy; I have learned that just from the few days I have been here. He cares for everyone under his command and I did ask some of the personnel here about him. When he was a Colonel, before the last promotion, he cared about his team a lot and he always made sure that everyone made it back safely. When Sam, or anyone of them, was injured he would stay with them in the infirmary until he was booted out. They all spend time together over at his place on their down time. I also found out that there has been a betting pool on them for years and it’s still going even now.”

“A betting pool?”

“Yep, I just found out about that from the one called Walter; you saw him, short, blond hair and glasses.”

“Yeah.”

“He told me that Jack and Sam have bought a house together and that everyone has put their losing bets together and have been doing up the house for them, since it needed some work done to it. Some of the personnel from the base volunteered to help doing the work for them and they are also getting a new bedroom suite for them as a wedding present. He said that SG1 has saved this place, as well as Earth, a number of times plus the lives of other teams when they were in trouble.”

“Wow, who would believe that this is what Sam does for a living; risking her life for Earth. I am amazed about what she does; now we know why she is away a lot.”

“Yeah; how do you feel about all of this and about Dad?”

“It’s amazing; one thing is for sure though, they sure do love each other.”

“Yes, they do. Shall we interrupt them?”

Suddenly the alarms went off and Jack and Sam pulled apart and headed out of his office and down to the control room.

“Where are they going?”

“Come on and I’ll show you.”

They followed Jack and Sam down to the control room. Sam was sitting down, with Jack standing behind her when they arrived. Mary gasped when she saw the gate for the first time.

“That is the Stargate; watch this, it’s amazing” Mark whispered to his wife. Then the wormhole formed and the iris closed.

“What have you got?”
“It’s the Tok’ra.”

“Open the iris; we still don’t want Dad splatter up against it now, do we?” Sam giggled as she put her hand on the palm print and the iris opened. Then Jacob walked through the gate and it shut down.

“Stand down. Welcome back Dad” Jack said into the microphone and then he turned to Mark and Mary.

”Shall we go and greet Dad?”

The four of them went down to greet Jacob. When he saw them walk through the doors he smiled at them. Then Sam stepped forward to give him a hug.

“Hi Dad welcome back.”

“Hi Sam, Jack, Mark, Mary; you look shocked, are you ok?”

“She just found out a few hours ago about this place Dad,” Jack said.

“Ok, where are the kids?”

“With Cassie on one of the upper levels and they don’t know about this.”

“Ok, so how are you Sam?”

“I’m ok thanks Dad.”

“So how are the Tok’ra these days?” Jack asked, as they walked out of the gate room.

“Good but there is some new news that you might find interesting.”

“Yeah, what’s that?”

“The system lords are beginning to not trust the Jaffa with their young, s they once did. Two system lords young have some how mystery died and the Jaffa that used to protect them have died. We are trying to find out who and why.”

“Well, that is a good thing, right.”

“Well yes and no. When the symbiotes mature, they would need to be replaced in the Jaffa. Some of our operatives have managed to save some of symbiotes and have sent them to a planet to keep them alive.”

“How many are we talking about here? I know that Bra’tac will be looking for some replacements soon for some of the rebel Jaffa.”
“There are about fifty thousand the last time we counted. I also brought some more Tritonin for Teal’c.”

“I’m sure he will be pleased but what about the others?”

“There is enough for a couple of months.”

“Good; I’ll let Teal’c know so he can contact Bra’tac” they had reached the elevators and the doors opened.

“I’ll give these to Teal’c and I’ll have a shower and change.”

“Ok, you have the same room as last time and your stuff is still there.”

“Thanks and I will talk to you guys later.”

“Ok” then the elevator doors closed.

“Let’s head back to the briefing room” Jack said.

“So Mary what do you think about this place now?” Jack asked.

“It’s amazing what you people do here everyday and the Stargate is incredible.”

“We know,” he said smiling. “The next time you guys come and visit I’ll show Mary around, since we haven’t had a chance today.” Sam said.

“I would like that.”

“Sam, you should show her your lab. Mary, the things that she has in there are amazing; computers everywhere and alien devices she works on and all sorts of other equipment.”

“Doohickies; that is what Jack calls my alien instruments” she said smiling.

“Doohickies? That’s different” Mark said.

“We had better get back to our hotel and get ready” Mark said.

“I’ll get one of the airmen to take you guys back of the hotel and Dad will come and pick you up.”

“Ok, thanks” as they all got up.

“Just remember one thing; don’t let Shanahan know that you know what’s going on, ok?”
“Ok, see you tonight.”

Sam left with them while Jack went to his office and called for an airman to take them back to their hotel. Sam, Mark and Mary went to her lab and showed Mary around before they went to pick up the kids; when they opened the door they found Jacob talking to them.