samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


A month later George Hammond finally retired as a four-star General and moved back to Colorado Springs where his family lived. Jack was promoted to Lieutenant General. Sam got Daniel and Janet to look after the kids for a week while she surprised Jack by going up to his cabin for the first time. They had never had the time before since they hadn’t had time off together. When she finally saw it for the first time she feel in love with it.

They spent the whole week talking, laughing and making passionate love anywhere and everywhere in the cabin as well as in the lake and on the dock since it was summer. When Jack returned to Washington, he spoke to the President about spending more time in Colorado Springs so that he could spend more time with his family. The President agreed with this proposal; so Jack would spend three days in Washington and four days in Colorado Springs. They would all spend the holidays at Jack and Sam’s place because they had more room in their house and backyard than the others had.

Two years later, just before Christmas, Jack, Sam, Jacob and the three kids were at the mall. Jacob had Jonathan on his shoulders and Jack had Daniel on his and Sam was holding Grace’s hand. They were getting in last minute Christmas shopping. They were in one of the department stores when Pete saw Sam; she was by herself looking at different Simpson boxer shorts. He walked over to her.

“Hi, Sam” she looked up and on the other side of the rack and there was Pete.

“Pete, hi; how are you?”

“Good, you?”

“I’m good; I heard that you transferred back to Denver a couple of years ago?”

“Yeah, I did. So what are you doing these days, still married?”

“Yes Jack and I are happily married. Daniel and Janet got married three years ago and they have twins, one of each.”

“Good for them. What about you Sam, what did you have?”
“A girl, Grace Eden O’Neill; she looks like Jack and acts like him sometimes. I think it is the O’Neill charm.”
“Wow, a girl, any others?”

“Yes, twin boys JJ and Daniel and they are almost three years old now. What about you, anyone else since…you know.”
“I’ve had two girlfriends and I’m a father myself, with both of them. Jane was my first girlfriend after you. That lasted six months. Just after we broke up she found out that she was pregnant. She had a boy and she named him Jack. I didn’t know about him until he was two months old.”

“Wow; do you see your son much?”

“Yeah I do; every weekend and holidays and he will be three years old next May.”

“What about your second girlfriend?”

“Sam; yeah, I know, same as your name. She likes to be called that because her real name is Sharon Alice Murphy.”

“I get it. Are you still with her?”

“No, we broke up last year. We had a daughter together. Susan Angela Murphy is eighteen months old but I don’t see her much since they moved to Seattle six months ago.”

“Oh, that’s too bad.”

Sam picked up eight different sets of boxer shorts and tee shirts.

“So, what else have you been up to?” he asked.

“I was promoted to a full Colonel and Jack is a Lieutenant General now.”

“Wow, a three-star General. Where are he and the kids?”

“Shopping/ they are trying to find a Christmas present for me.”

“Oh.”

Sam moved from behind the rack and Pete’s eyes widened when he saw her stomach and Sam noticed his look.

“I’m due in February, with twin boys again.”

“Wow, congratulations.”

“Thanks” Sam went up to the counter and paid for her items and also asked for them to be wrapped up.

“I see the General is still a fan.”

“Yeah, so are the kids.”

“Are you still working at Cheyenne Mountain?”

“Yes, I am head of the R&D science labs now. Well, I was until yesterday but now I’m on maternity leave until June of next year.”

“Oh.” Once paid for she picked up her other bags and they walked out of the shop.

“Well, I better get going. I’m picking up Jack tonight and we are spending Christmas with my folks.”

“Ok, have a happy holiday.”

“Sure you too, Sam. I’m sorry about what happened between us.”

“It is a bit late, don’t you think.”

“When I surprised you and the General back there at that camp site; that really wasn’t you camp site, was it?”

“No, it wasn’t.”

“Ok, tell me this; what was the real reason he was there?”

“We were on our honeymoon.”

“Oh, well I better go. I will see you around Sam, bye.”

“Good bye Pete.”

Then he left. Sam went and sat down on one of the benches, stroking her stomach, and thinking about what had happened back there. She was lost in thought when she heard Grace calling her and she turned to see her daughter running to her.

“Hey there, where is Dad and Grand dad?”
“Here they come; we got you heaps of presents.”

“Really?”

Sam raised an eyebrow when they stopped in front of her with the boys on their shoulders.

“So, did you get everything done Dad, Jack?”

“Yep; how are you feeling? You look tired.”

“I am and hungry.”
“Ok, let’s get some lunch” Jack and Jacob helped Sam to get up.

Grace passed the shopping bags to Sam and then they all headed to the Food Court for something to eat and drink. Sam sat down again, the kids stayed with her, while Jacob and Jack went to get them all some food and drink. A few minutes later they returned with two trays loaded with food and drinks. Once they sat down, Jack looked at Sam,

“Sam, sweetheart, are you sure you are ok?”

“Yes, I’m fine Jack but you are not going to believe who I ran into before you guys showed up?”

“Who?”

“Pete; he saw me in one of the shops and we got talking” both Jack and Jacob looked at her.

“I know, I’m still not happy with what he did back then but that is my past and this is my future.”

She looked at the kids who were happily eating cake and she had one hand on her stomach and the other holding on to Jack’s hand as she was looking at him and they both smiled.

“So, is he still with the CSPD?” Jacob asked.

“No, he transferred back to Denver a couple of years ago.”

“Ok”

“ He has two kids, with two x-girlfriends.”

“Really” Jack said.

“Yeah; one a boy, three years old and his name is Jack.” Jack and Jacob looked at her.

“He didn’t know about the baby until the baby was two months old.”

“What was his reaction to that?”

“From what I could tell, he was not a happy camper.”

“I’ll bet. What about the other one?”

“Her name is Sam, short for Sharon Alice Murphy. She had a little girl Susan and she is eighteen months old.”
“Strange.”

“Yeah, I know what you mean.”

“Sam, do you have any regrets?” Jack asked, looking into her eyes. She smiled and leaned over and gave him a kiss.

“Get a room” Grace said and they all laughed. Then she turned to Jack.

“Yes, just one regret. That we didn’t do this years ago.”

“Like when?”

“The Land of the Light virus.”

“Oh, that one.” he was blushing by then and the kids were giggling.

“Yes it was a shame. Do you still have that top?”

“No but I did buy a new one last year. I’ve have hardly worn it” she said grinning. Jack raised an eyebrow and smiled.

“Sweet” then he gave her a kiss.

A month later, Sam gave birth to Jacob Sam and George Teal’c O’Neill.

Four months after the birth, Jack retired so he could spend more time with his family. Every year Jack and Sam spend their wedding anniversary on the planet where they had their honeymoon. They all lived happily ever after, as one big, happy family.

The End