samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feedback, yes please


The next morning Sam woke up early as always and she managed to slip out of bed and go into the bath room to relieve herself. When she finished she went back into the bedroom where Pete was still sleeping.

She looked at the disk and then at Pete; she had no choice but to let Jack know what was going on. She quickly got dressed and grabbed the disk before leaving the room. She grabbed her wallet, keys and cell phone before leaving the house.



She called the base, to see if Jack was there. When she found out that he wasn't there she drove around to his home. By the time she arrived there the sun was starting to rise. She knocked on his door and waited, nothing, so she tried again and then she heard movement in the house and lights went on and Jack opened the door.

"Carter?"

"Sir, I’m sorry to come here at this hour but I need your help."

Jack could see that something was wrong; she don’t normally go to him for help unless it was something to do with the program.

"Come in, I’ll make some coffee."

"Thanks."

She walked in to his house and closed and locked the door before following him into his kitchen where he put the coffee maker on.

"I’ll go and get dressed and then we can talk" Sam just nodded and he left.

Sam sat down at the breakfast bar waiting for him to return. When he did, he made them both coffee and after Sam took a couple of sips she put the cup on the table and she pulled the disk out of her jacket pocket and put it on the bar.

"What’s this?"

"It is a disk, showing the Stargate in action and with information about the Goa’uld."

"Carter?" Sam looked up at Jack as her tears started to fall.

"Remember a couple of months ago when I showed Pete the Stargate when SG5 returned under heavy fire."

"Yes"

"He had a hidden video camera on him that day and he filmed everything, including Teal'c’s symboite."

"What? Why are you telling me this?"

"Sir, he... he is blackmailing me."

"What?" Jack was shocked.

"Yeah, things haven’t been going great between us for a couple of months now. We argued last night and I said that we shouldn’t get married. He said yes we are and I asked him, what if I want to call off the wedding? He said that he would tell the world about
‘our precious Stargate program’, that’s what he said."

Jack walked around the bar and put his coffee mug down; then he took Sam’s hands in his and looked into her blue eyes. He didn't like the way Pete upset her and he was angry with what Pete had done, not just to the program, but to Sam.

"Come here."

She stood up and went into his arms and he held her against him.

"I don't know what to do; I can't marry him and I can’t put the program in jeopardy."

"Don’t worry, Sam leave things to me. I’ll think of something."

"Thank you sir" they pulled back so he could look at her.

"Sam, why don't you go to the base if you want to? I’ll, be there in half an hour."

"I was planning on spending the day with Cassie."

"Ok. You are more than welcome to the spare bedroom to catch up on some sleep."

"Thank you sir."

"Hey, everything is going to be ok, trust me."

"I do trust you sir."

Jack gave her a quick hug before she went to lie down in his spare bedroom to get couple of hours sleep. Jack finished his coffee before getting ready to leave. Twenty minutes later he checked on Sam. He stood watching her sleep from the door way, the way he used to off world. He always liked to watch her sleep but since he was promoted he missed going off world with his friends. He watched her for few minutes before leaving.