samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Sam walked in to the lobby then heard “Mommy!”

She looked around and smiled when she saw her twins running towards her. She crouched down and opened her arms “Charlie, Grace, I missed you so much.”

“We missed you to Mommy.” She gave them both a kiss.

“You two sure have grown since I last saw you.” She looked up then stood up.

“Jack.”

“Sam.” They both hugged and kissed which made the twins giggle.

When they broke apart, “I missed you” said Sam.

“I missed you too.” They both kissed again. Sam turned to the other guest.

“Mom.” Sam stepped forward to give her mother-in-law a hug.

“Hi Sam, how are you?”

“I'm great, now. How about you?”

“I'm fine.”

“Shall we go, 'cause I'm hungry?”

“Me, too.”

“Me, three” the kids said, giggling again.

“Sure” they walked back outside and got into the SUV Jack rented for the weekend.

Jack drove them to an IHOP restaurant for dinner. When Sam saw where he parked, she turned and raised her eye brows at him.

“The IHOP, Jack?” He smiled back at her.

“Why not, come on.” They all got out and walked into the restaurant.

They spent the next hour and a half enjoying their meals while talking about how thing were. When they returned to the hotel, the kids were tired so Jack and Sam gave them both hugs and kisses before Jack’s Mom took them into her room since she had two queen size beds. Jack pulled Sam down to his room.

Once in there and the door was locked, they were in each other arms. They quickly removes each other’s clothes and got into bed where they spent the next two hours making love that they both missed. Afterwards, Sam was snuggling up to Jack’s side.

“I missed that” he said.

“Missed what?”

“Making love to you.” Sam smile.

“I know what you mean, Jack.”

“How’s training coming along?”

“Good. There was an incident last month. I was almost court martialed.” Jack turned to his side in shock.

“What?”

“Calm down, Jack, the court martial didn't happen, all charges were dropped.”

“What happened?”

Sam told Jack what happened and who got into trouble for it. When she finished telling him, he started to grin.

“You knew the rules.”

“Of course. Since Colonel Web was the one who got the reprimand, he's been pushing me. He’s trying to either break me or get me booted off the training program.”

“Which is not going to happen.” Sam smiled and leaned over and gave him a kiss.

“Exactly!”

“Want some good news?”

“Sure.”

“Charlie and Doc got engaged.” Sam raise her eye brows and smiled.

“Really? When did this happen?”

“Last weekend. I was called away on Monday for a mission, that’s when he told me and asked me to be his best man.”

“Jack, that is great news.”

“It is alright.” He gave her a kiss and rolled over onto his back pulling Sam up to his side.

“Let's get some sleep.”

“Sounds good to me.” They closed their eyes and fell into peaceful sleep.

The next morning, the family went to see a few sights and had lunch while in town, and did some shopping. That evening, they had dinner at the restaurant at the hotel and watched some TV in the kids’ room. After getting the twins settled in bed for the night, Sam read a book to them before she and Jack left for their own room.

The next day, they went to the park in the morning and went to Burger king for lunch. When they returned to the hotel, they all got changed and went for a swim in the hotel pool. The kids enjoyed swimming around with their parents.

Two hours later, they got out and returned to their rooms where they showered and got dressed then they went to the movies and had dinner afterwards. After dinner, Jack drove to the base where he was dropping Sam off. While they were on base, Sam gave them all a hug and kiss before she returned to her quarters and Jack and the family returned to the hotel for the night.

Over the next ten months, Colonel Web tried to break Sam by getting her to do more hours in flying and getting her to do other training and tests. He couldn't believe that she passed every test he prepared for her. When their training finished, he had no choice but to give her the set of wings and a commendation report on how well she did.

The day that they all graduated, Colonel Web and the commander of the base spoke to them all as the general of the base passed them their wings. When he called out Sam’s name she stepped forward and saluted.

The general pinned Sam's wings on her uniform, “Well done, Lieutenant.”

“Thank you, Sir.”

“There are two more things....first of all: At the direction of the Air Force Chief of Staff, I hereby award Lieutenant Carter the Aerial Achievement Medal for completing every flight training scenario that the Air Force has and having the highest marks that the Air Force has ever seen.” As he said it, he pinned the medal on her chest.

“The second is: on behalf of the Air Force Chief of Staff, it gives me great pleasure to promote Second Lieutenant Carter to First Lieutenant, congratulations Lieutenant Carter.” Sam smiled as he changed her insignia.

“Thank you, Sir.” Then they saluted.

He moved on to the next person. When they all got their wings, the general congratulated them all then he dismissed them. Sam returned to her quarters to pack her bags since she was to catch a flight from Sheppard Air Force Base to Peterson.

A few hours later when, the plane landed, Sam walk off carrying her duffel bag. She walked over to one of the buildings where she made a phone call.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Mom, it’s Sam.”

“Hi, Sam, is everything alright?”

“Yes, Mom. Can you come to Peterson Air Force Base to pick
me up? I'm home for a couple of weeks.”

“Sure. I'll be there soon as I can.”

“Thanks, Mom. I'll meet you outside the Flight Operations building.” They both hung up.

Sam picked up her bag and walked over to the front of the building and waited.

Fifteen minutes later, Sam smiled when she saw Jack arrive. Sam walked over to his truck and put her duffel back in the back seat then hopped into the front then leaned over to give him a kiss.

“Welcome home, Sam.”

“Mom told you.”

“Yeah, let’s go home.”

“Sounds good to me.” Jack drove them home.

Sam told him about how all her training went. They were pleased it was over, but they knew that Sam would be leaving in few weeks to go to Iran. When they walked inside, Jack followed Sam up and into their bedroom. After Sam put her bag down on the chair, she turned around facing Jack again.
He step forward and cup her face then he gave her a kiss.

“I have another surprise for you” Sam said.

“What’s that?”

“Take a look.” Jack looked Sam over and raised his eye brows and smiled.

“You’ve been promoted and received the Aerial Achievement Medal.”

“Yes.”

“I’m so proud of you, Sam.”

“I know you are, so how about showing me how much you missed me.”

“Yes, Ma'am!” Then he gave her a kiss.

They removed each other’s clothes and got into bed where Jack showed Sam how much his missed her since they only seen each other twelve days in the past year. Afterwards, they were both grinning and tired but happy.

A couple of hours later, they went to pick up the twins from day care. They knew that next month they would be starting school. When Charlie and Grace saw their Mom, they ran over to her and gave her a big hug and kiss.

“I missed you Mommy” Grace said.

“I miss you too, Mommy.”

“I missed you both, come on.” Sam helped them into their booster seats and made sure they were strapped in.

Once finished and the door was closed, Sam got in to the passenger seat as she listen to the twins telling her and Jack how their day went. Jack drove them to the Hub for dinner. While Jack was sorting out their orders, Sam and the twins were sitting down at a table.

“Mommy, how long are you staying?” Grace asked.

“I don't know, Sweetie, but wherever I go, I'll always think of your dad and both of you.”

“I wish you didn't have to go away, Mommy” Charlie said.

“I know, but each time we are together we will cherish every moment we have together, OK?”

“OK.” Sam smiled.

“Good, ‘cause tomorrow we are getting our family photo taken.”

“Really?” Grace asked.

“Yes, and afterwards we are going up to the cabin for few days. Would you like that?” Their eyes lit up as they smiled.

“Yeah!”

“Good, me too.”

A few minutes later, Jack returned with drinks in hand. He passed the kids their juice and Sam her milkshake since she ask for one. They talked and ate their dinner for the next hour before leaving to head home, where they watched TV until time for kids to go to bed. Then Jack and Sam went to bed not long after.

The next morning the photographer showed up to take the photos of the four of them. When they were finished and everyone changed out of their good clothes, they got into Jack’s truck and drove up to the cabin for a week.

When they return home, Jack was called away so it gave Sam some time with the kids as well as talking with her family. Sam found out that Mark was joining the Air Force, too, which made her smile. Two weeks later, Sam got a phone call just as she walked through the door, she quickly ran over to the phone to answer it.

“Hello?”

“Lieutenant Carter, it’s General Ryan.”

“Yes, Sir.”

“Lieutenant, I want you to fly out to Nellis Air Force Base for three weeks’ training.”

“Training, Sir?”

“Yes, flight training in air combat, Lieutenant. From what I've read from Colonel Web, he tested you on everything that Air Force officers learn at USAF Weapons School and you passed.”

“I knew he was pushing me, Sir, and the things he had been teaching and training me, I had no idea, General.”

“Now you know, Lieutenant. The three weeks’ training is to find out how well you do in difficult situations, both in the air and on the ground.”

“I understand, Sir. When do I leave?”

“Tonight, Lieutenant.”

“Yes, Sir.”

“You fly out at twenty two hundred hours. An airman will pick you up at twenty one thirty hours at your residence.”

“Yes, Sir.”

“Good luck, Lieutenant.”

“Yes, Sir. I'll do my best.”

“I know you will, Lieutenant.” Sam was grinning when she hung up the phone.

Sam sat down in the chair in shock. She couldn't believe she was going to Nellis to do the training that she wanted to do last time. But now she had a chance before she received her orders to fly over seas for the Persian Gulf War. She stood up and walked up in to her room where she start packing and checking her gear.

That night after dinner, Sam sat down in the living room with Jack and the kids. “Jack, Charlie, and Grace I have some news for you.”

“You’re going away” Grace said.

“Yes for three weeks.”

“Sam... Who?”

“General Ryan, I fly out at twenty two hundred hours tonight, I got my orders this morning.”

“I don't want you to go” Grace said as she moved until she was sitting on Sam's lap.

“I know. I don't want to go. But what I'm doing I'm doing it for your kids’ future, for this county.”

“But why, Mom?” Charlie said as he sat on Jack’s lap.

“Well, if this country get attacked, your Dad and I will need to help defend it, that is why I have to do this training.”

“Daddy, did you do the same training as Mommy?”

“Yes, Grace, I did and now it’s Mommy’s turn. It’s like when you leaning to read you get better at it, well that is what Mommy doing, she learning.”

“Oh... OK.” Sam smiled and kissed the top of Grace’s head while stroking her long brown hair. They talked until it was the kids’ bed time.

After the kids were in bed sleeping ,Jack and Sam snuggled on the couch while they talked and kissed ‘til it was time. Jack picked up Sam’s back pack and duffel bag just as they heard a car turning down their drive way. Sam opened the door wearing her dress blues. They walked down to the car and Jack passed the airmen Sam’s bags then turned around and stepped forward in front of Sam. They both hugged and kissed.

“Take care of the kids.”

“I will, love you.”

“Love you, too.” They kissed once more before Sam got into the car and Jack closed the door.

They waved to each other as the car drove back down the drive way. Jack watched till the car was gone, then he walked back in side, closing and locking the door then headed to bed alone.