samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


“Hi, kids, you two did good today.”

“Thanks, Daddy” Grace said.

“Daddy is she a bug?” Charlie said pointing at the woman who was shocked.

“Daddy...? They are your children?”

“Yep and here comes the most beautiful woman in the world” Jack said, smiling, as he looked at Sam. The woman turned to see Sam walking towards them with a smile on her face.

“Jack.”

“Sam.” They wrapped their arms around each other and kissed.

“Kids you better go say “’Bye” to Auntie Janet and Uncle Charlie, they will be leaving soon.”

“Okay, Mommy” Grace said as she and Charlie walked away.

“You’re the kids’ mother?”

“Yes and Jack is my husband.” She turned to Jack, looking at him then said

“Jack, you know every time you wear your dress blues, it turns me on!” Jack smiled, wickedly.

“Well then we should go someplace and do something about it.” He turned to the shocked woman, “Nice meeting you.”

Then he turned to Sam, “Come on, Sam. Where’s your car? I'm sure we can do it in ten minutes.” Then they walked away, hand in hand.

As soon as they had walked far enough away and around the corner, they stopped and Sam laughed against Jack’s chest, “Sam that was mean!”

“Well it worked.”

“True. You know Charlie asked if she was a bug.... I couldn't believe he said that in front of that woman.” Jack shook his head.

“Like father, like son.”

“True... so me wearing this uniform turns you on?” Sam licked her lips knowing what it would do to Jack.

“What do you think fly boy?” She wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a passionate kiss.

“Come on you two, break it up.” They broke apart and turned to see Charlie there.

“Charlie, you've got the worst timing!” Charlie laughed.

“Come on, Jack, we’re leaving. See you at the reception, Sam.”

“OK, Charlie.” Sam gave Jack a quick kiss then watched them walk towards the waiting limo. Then she turned and walked to her car.

Hour an half later, the bridal party walked into the ball room at the Broadmoor hotel. Charlie and Grace sat with Sam at one of the tables close to the bridal table. Every one enjoyed themselves. Since some of the families had young children, Charlie and Janet cut the cake after every one had desert then they had the throwing of the bouquet and garter.

When that was done, it was time for the first dance of the evening. During the evening before Jack and Sam left, Charlie and Janet who were dancing looked over to Jack and Sam. They, and other couples, watched Jack and Sam dancing close together with the twins in their arms. After their dance, they walked over to Charlie and Janet.

“Enjoying your selves?” Janet asked.

“Yes, thanks. It was a lovely wedding, Janet.”

“Thanks Sam.”

“We’re going to head home, now. These two are almost asleep” Jack said.

“We understand.”

“Daddy, cake” Charlie said as his head was against Jack shoulder.

“I'll go and talk to the staff.”

“Thanks, Charlie” Jack said as Charlie walked away.

“So, Doc, where are you and Charlie having your honeymoon?”

“Hawaii.”

“Nice place.”

“I don't know, I haven't been there before.”

“Ah, well you're going to love it, great view, and lots of places to check out.”

“Well it would depend on if we leave the room, Colonel.” Jack raised his eye brows and grinned. Sam smiled, too.

“Well, I hope you do, Doc.” They talked for few minutes then Charlie walked back over to them carrying a box.

“Here you go, Jack. There are four slices of cake for your guys” he said as he passed it to Jack.

“Thanks, Charlie. Enjoy your honey moon and remember what I said.”

“Yes, Colonel, I know.”

“’Night, Janet, Charlie.”

“’Night, Sam, and thanks for coming.”

“It was our pleasure.” Jack and Sam turned and walked toward the exit.

Half an hour later they carry the twins up to their bedrooms and got them changed in to their PJ's and in to bed. Then Jack returned to put the box in the fridge before joining Sam in bed where they kiss and made passionate love before snuggling in each other’s arms and falling asleep with smiles on their faces.

Two weeks later, Charlie and Janet stopped by for a visit. When Sam opened the front door, she was shocked to see who it was.

“Charlie, Janet, hi. Come on in.”

“Thanks, Sam, where’s Jack?”

“Out back playing big kid.”

“This I’ve got to see” Janet said.

She followed Charlie and Sam through the house. When they reached the open back door, they stood there watching Jack playing with the twins and their toys.

“Well I be damned” Charlie said.

“Jack.” Jack turned to Sam and was surprised to see who else was there.

“Charlie, Doc, hi guys!” When the twins stopped, they turned to Jack then to the house.

“Uncle Charlie, Auntie Janet you’re back!” They jumped up and ran over to them. Jack got up and walked towards the house.

“Yes we are back” Janet said as she crouched down to give them each a hug.

“Come and sit down, want a drink?” Sam asked.

“No thanks, Sam” Janet said.

“Beer sounds good”

“I'll get them” Jack said as he walked into the house. They all sat down around the table.

“So what brings you two here?”

“Well we are here to let you and Jack know, we brought a house before we got married.”

“Hey, that is great news” Sam said smiling.

“It’s not far from here” Charlie said.

“Really.... how far?”

“It took us only twenty minutes to walk here.” Sam raised her eye brows.

“Really that close wow.... wait a minute there’s a yellow two story house, which is up for sale and is about a twenty minute walk from here.” Janet nodded.

“That’s the house.”

“That is great!”

“What’s great” Jack asked as he walked out of the house
carrying a loaded tray.

“Janet and Charlie bought that two story yellow house not far from here.” Jack put the tray down and looked at them.

“You guys bought that house? Cool.”

“Thanks, Jack.” Jack passed them all their drinks and twins a cookie each before he sat down.

They talked and laughed for the next two hours. Janet and Charlie stayed that night for dinner and talked for couple more hours before they walked back home.

Two weeks later, when Sam got the mail, she saw an envelope with her name and the Air Force insignia. She knew what it had to be, so she opened it and she was right. She'd been ordered overseas for the Persian Gulf War. That night, after the kids were in bed asleep, Sam showed Jack the letter.

“We knew that this would happen, Sam,”

“I know, It will be our first Christmas apart as a family.”

“I know, Sam...I know that you will be returning in March, next year.”

“I know, then transferred to the Pentagon for the Stargate project.”

“We can do it....make this work.”

“I know.” He put his arms around her shoulders.

“According to this, you leave in three days.”

“I know...we will have to tell the kids.”

“Yeah, we can do that tomorrow night.”

“I suppose so.”

“So, why don't we go to bed?”

“Yes, let’s do that.” They stood up and walk up to their bedroom turning off the lights along the way.

The next night after dinner, Jack and Sam sat down with the twins. “Charlie, Grace we have something to tell you” Sam said. They looked at Sam.

“I have to go away, overseas, for a while.”

“Why Mommy?” Grace asked, sadly.

“You know about the war that is happening.”

“Yes. Is that where you are going?” Charlie asked.

“Yes. I'm going to be flying planes and blowing up things.”

“Are you going to kill people, Mommy?” Charlie asked.
“I try not to, Sweetie, but the buildings that I'll be ordered to blow up are where the enemy keep their weapons.”

“No weapons, no war” Grace said.

“Yes, that’s right. That will be my job.”

“Why you, Mommy? Why do you have to go?”

“Because I'm one of the best pilots that this country has and they need the best overseas to help end this war quicker.”

“Then you will come home.” Sam smiled.

“Yes. Then I'll be coming home.” Grace and Charlie moved from where they were over to Sam and sat on her lap and hugged her. She hugged them back while looking at Jack.

“Mommy?” She looked down at Charlie as he looked up at her.

“Do you like blowing things up?” Sam laughed as Jack smiled remembering the times that Sam blew things up while off world.

“Yes.” Charlie smiled.

“So, where are your reading books?” Sam asked, to distract them.

“In our rooms.”

“Well, how about if get them and come down here to read?”

“OK!” They got off Sam’s lap and ran to the steps and up them.

“I might as well call my parents before I go.”

“I know.”

“I'll tell Mom tomorrow.” Jack nodded. They could hear the kids upstairs.

When they returned, they sat on each side of Sam and took turns reading their books. When finished, they watched a DVD before the kids went to bed. Sam tucked them in and gave them a kiss good night before she joined Jack in their bedroom.

The day Sam was flying out with other personnel, Jack and the twins were there to see her off. When it was time Sam gave each of them a hug and a kiss good bye. They wave to Sam as she got on the Hercules plane with the other personnel. Everyone watched the plane till they couldn't see it any more.

“Come on, kids, let’s go” Jack said. He held on to each of their hands as they walk to his truck.