samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


A week later, Sam walked into the lab to see boxes everywhere. Sam walked over and opened the one on up and smiled. Then she looked at her staff.

“Come on, give me a hand here.” They helped Sam unpack the equipment that she had requested.

Then she started getting everything set up. When the general walked in, he stopped when he saw equipment on tables and benches. He noticed that Sam was putting equipment together in one part of the lab while the others were cleaning up the bubble wrap and boxes. The general turned and walked out the door to leave them to it.

It took her three days to get the equipment set up and running and Sam was pleased. She got the programs she asked for, so she started working on the dialing programs and backup systems.

A week later, Sam had her first ultrasound done. Jack couldn’t be there since he had been called away on a mission.

“Everything looks good here, Major. You mentioned that you have twins.”

“Yes, one of each. They turn six next month.”

“Right...well I don't see any problems and your blood work came back good, so I'll see you next month.”

“Sure.” Sam got up from the table.

“Once you're changed, book another appointment for next month.”

“OK. I’ll see you then.”

A month later, Sam took the weekend off to fly to Colorado Springs for the twins' birthday. Jack met her at the airport. He grinned when he saw her step off the plane. As soon as, they were close they hugged and kissed.

“I missed you, Jack.”

“I missed you, too Sam.” They kissed again.

“Come on. The kids don't know yet.”

“OK.” They walked over to the baggage claim area.

Jack picked Sam's bags up and they walked towards the exit. “How long can you stay?”

“A week, two tops. I'm going to be busy building the dialing program.” Jack smiled.

“A week or two! The kids will love that.”

“I know. I spoke to Catherine a couple of weeks ago.”

“How she is?”

“Good. She’s pleased that the government is giving this a chance.”

“That’s good to know. Have you seen your folks yet?”

“Yes. I have dinner with them every other week, on Saturday.”

“How are they?”

“They’re doing well. Mark’s stationed at Sheppard Air Force Base. He’s doing flight training.”

“Just like you, huh?”

“Yep.” They talked about other things till they got home.

When they walked in the door, Jack was carrying Sam’s bags. He walked past her to the stairs and up them to their bedroom. Sam walked into the living room and stopped. She couldn't believe that the twins would be turning six the next day. She knew she had missed so much of their lives and knew that in a couple of years’ time she would be returning home.

She stepped further into the room and walked over and sat on the couch since the twins were watching a cartoon video. Sam picked up the remote and stopped the video. The twins where confused and looked around. Then their eyes widened “Surprise!” Sam said with grin on her face.

“Mommy!” They both said and they got up off the floor and ran over to her. Sam opened her arms to them. They hugged each other.

“I missed you, both of you” as she gave them kisses.

“I missed you, Mommy” Charlie said.

“I missed you too. Mommy” Grace said.

“It’s good to be home, even if it is for only for a few days.”

“Mommy, did you know it our birthday tomorrow?” Sam smiled

“Yes, I did and I brought you each a birthday present.” Their eyes lit up.

“But you will have to wait till tomorrow to get them.”

“Why not now?” Charlie demanded.

“Cause if you open it today, then you will have nothing to open up tomorrow.”

“Oh.” Sam giggled.

“So how have things been at school?” They started telling
Sam about what they had been doing and that they were both in baseball and loving it.

When Jack walked into the living room, he stopped and listened to what the twins were telling Sam.

“The kids are happy.”

“I know, Mom, it’s good to have Sam home.”

“She’s glowing like she was when she was carrying the twins.”

“I know.”

“I'm off, dear, see you tomorrow.” Jack turned to his Mother.

“Mom, thanks for looking after the kids.”

“You know I love looking after them.” Jack leaned over and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“Have a good night. Mom”

“You too, son.” She looked at the three of them before turning and walking towards the back door. Jack turned back to Sam and the kids then he walked in to the room.

“Hey, are you hungry?”

“I am. What about you kids?”

“I'm hungry.” Charlie said.

“Me, too.” Grace said.

“Good. Come on we’re going out for dinner.”

They stood up. “Where are you taking us, Jack?” Sam asked as she walked over to him.

“You’ll see, come on kids.” He leaned over and gave Sam a kiss before following the kids to the door.

Sam followed them to the foyer, where they put on their jackets and boots. Then they walked out the door with Jack last closing and locking the door. They got in to Jack’s truck and Jack drove them to the Stagecoach Inn for dinner. While they were enjoying their meal they all talked. When they returned home it was kids’ bed time so Sam tucked them in and gave them both a kiss goodnight before turning off the lights and closing the door partly.

She then walked down and in to her bedroom to see Jack in bed waiting for her with a grin on his face. Sam knew that grin so she walk into the bathroom to do her nightly routine before walking out and climbing in to bed and giving Jack a kiss. They made love that night before falling asleep in each other’s arms.

The next day was very busy for Jack and Sam as they prepared for the twins’ birthday party. All of the twins’ classmates and friends where invited, with their parents. Sam's brother and parents came and so did all of Jack’s side of the family. They were all staying at the hotels in Colorado Springs. They were lucky it was a warm fine day to have it out side.

Kids were running around playing different kids games before having lunch. When it was lunch time the kids and adults went to help themselves to number of finger foods that the Carters provided. There were even kids’ and adults’ table and chairs.
Later that afternoon every one sang happy birthday to the twins when the cakes were brought out of the house.

When they were put in front of the twins, they both grinned. Both cakes where made in the number six, Charlie's was light blue with darker blue shell edging, his name and six blue candles. While Grace’s was done in pink. They blew out the candles and every one clapped and cheered.

Then the helpers took the cakes aside to be sliced and put on to plates then passed to the party goers. Both cakes where chocolate with chocolate mock cream in between. Every one enjoyed their day and the twins had a memorable day.

Later that afternoon the families left taking their kids home and the Carters helped the attendants of the rented games get packed up, leaving both O'Neill and Carter families alone. They were still outside so they had a barbeque dinner which everyone enjoyed. Not long after dinner the families, left to head back to the hotel with their tired kids. Jack and Sam sent their kids to bed since they were tired themselves.

After they kissed both kids good night, they returned to the living room to Jacob, Mel and Mark. “So, Mark, how's your training coming along?” Jack asked.

“It’s good. Colonel Web asked if I was related to Sam, I said yes.”

“And what did he say?” Sam asked.

“Nothing at first, then he said to me, ‘I hope you don't turn out like your sister’. I said, ‘what happens if I do sir?’... He said, ‘Your sister is smart and she knows her jets and planes well. That is not a replacement for experience’.” Sam raised her eye brows.

“What did you say back to that?” Jack asked.

“I said to him, ‘well, Sir, it’s more than just experience, it’s the rules, as well. Sam was following the rules, Colonel, and she did save a life while learning how to fly. Did she not, Sir?’... he didn't look happy about that.”

“I bet he didn't” Jacob said.

“Was anyone else around when you said it?” Sam asked.

“Yeah, everyone. Some of them asked me what happened so I told them all. They were surprised.”

“I bet” Jack said.

“One of them, who's my friend, deliberately ask me in front of everyone about what Sam’s doing now... I said... ‘Major Carter is working at the Pentagon on classified project’...the look on the Colonel’s face... was priceless!” Sam laughed.

“I’ll bet. It’s a shame I wasn't there to see it.”

“Oh, it gets even better!” Mark said, grinning.

“I told them that you flew over two hundred hours during the Persian Gulf War and you made history...my friend asked, ‘what do you mean history?’... I said, ‘my sister is the only female to receive the Medal of Honor’... the look on the Colonel’s face, well, his jaw hit the ground in shock.” Sam laughed

“It really shouldn’t have been such a shock to him. There was an article, with photographs, in the Air Force Times telling about our return and the awards ceremony at Andrews Air Force Base.”

“I guess he missed that edition.” They talked for another hour before Jacob, Mel and Mark left to returned to their hotel. After they left Jack and Sam went to bed themselves.

The next day Jack and Sam took the twins to the zoo and to the park. They had a wonderful day.

On Monday morning Sam drove to Cheyenne Mountain where she was going to be working for the next two weeks. When she reached level twenty-eight she walked down the corridor then climbed the steps, into the control room, to see computer parts and other equipment everywhere.

“Right.” Sam took her jacket off and started putting things in to their places. She worked for four hours then stopped for some lunch at the mess hall. When she returned to the control room she continued working till six o'clock, then she left the base to return home.

That night while in bed, Sam told Jack how her day been. “Sam, you should have gotten an airman to lift the equipment. You should not be lifting anything heavy.”

“I know, Jack, but there hardly any personnel there.”

“Who’s the shrub there?”

“General West.”

“Figures. Promise me that you will get someone else to lift the heavy stuff.”

“I'll try, Jack.”

“Alright, come here.” He pulled her into his arms and they kissed before falling asleep.

The next morning Sam was putting equipment together when she heard footsteps. She turned around and smiled.

“Sam.”

“Catherine!” They stepped together and hugged.

“How are you?” Catherine asked.

“I'm good and yourself?”

“I'm good; I see you made some progress.”

“Yeah, but it would be good to have some help with lifting things.”

“Sam, you haven't been lifting things?” She looked around then back to Sam.

“Sam?”

“I know, but who else is there?”

“You should have asked General West.” Sam shook her head.

“I haven't seen him, Catherine.”

“Well he is here, I'm going to have a talk to him.” She walked to the steps and up them.

“No more lifting, Sam.”

“Yes, Ma’am.” Sam said, grinning. She turned around and carried on working.

A few minutes later Sam could hear Catherine and General West yelling at each other. Then she heard them coming down the stairs.

“General, you did promise me the extra help last week.”

“You will get it. “

“That’s not good enough, General.” Sam turned around and stood at attention.

“Major Carter.”

“Yes, Sir.”

“I just got off the phone with Colonel O’Neill. He’s not happy with what you have been doing.”

“Sir?”

“You lifting equipment. Can't you handle lifting it by yourself?” Catherine turned to face the general.

“Wait just a minute here, General. Sam can handle lifting, it but she shouldn't be in her condition.” Catherine said looking him in the eye.

“What condition?”
“I'm fourteen weeks pregnant, Sir.” The general looked down to see the small bump then he looked up at Sam’s face.

“I'll get some help for you, Major.”

“Thank you, Sir.” He looked at Catherine, then turned around and walked to the stairs and up them back to his office.

“Woo, what happened?” Sam asked.

“Your husband called.”

“Let me guess; he threatened General West?”

“He did.”

“I hope Jack doesn't get into trouble for it.”

“I hope not too, Sam. So what are you doing?” Sam smiled
then started telling Catherine what she had gotten done so far and what she planned.