samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


That night when Sam arrived home, Jack went to greet her with hug and kiss. “Hey, how was your day?” Jack asked.

“Good, except General West was in a bad mood after your call and what Catherine said to him...what did you say to him, Jack?”

“That you shouldn't be lifting any heavy equipment. He asked how did I got the SGC phone number I told him that I called NORAD and asked to speak to him, they put me through.”

“Jack, the threat?”

“Oh that. I said to him that you shouldn’t be lifting anything heavy. He yelled at me and I told him that if anything happened to you or the baby while working there that I'll personally make sure that he’s court martial knowing of your condition. He didn't like being threaten and hung up when there was a knock on the door.”

“That would have been Catherine showing up to talk to him about the extra personnel that were supposed to have been there last week.”

“Ah. So hungry?” Sam smiled.

“Starving!” Jack smiled.

“Go and get changed and I'll get the kids and start dishing up dinner.”

“Sounds good to me.” She gave him a kiss then walked past him undoing her jacket.

After Sam was changed, she joined Jack and the kids in the dining room. After dinner, Sam helped with spelling, reading and math homework before sending them to have their baths, and then to bed. She wanted to spend as much time as possible with them before she had to return to the Pentagon.

Two weeks later, Sam said her goodbyes to Jack and the twins at the airport before she got on the plane heading back to Washington. When she returned to the labs she worked there as well talking to the staff at the SGC.

When Sam finally got everything up and running, she started working on how to dial the gate. Even though she knew, she couldn't say a thing. She tried to spend at least one week a month in Colorado Springs, and continued to visit with her parents as often as possible.

When it was time for her maternity leave, she spoke to the staff before beginning the three months’ leave. The next day, Sam flew to Colorado Springs where Jack’s Mom greeted her at the airport.

“Sam, how are you?”

“I’m good, thanks, Mom. How are Jack and the kids?”

“Good they really are looking forward to having you home.”

“I’m happy to be home, too, Mom.” They chatted until they got home.

When they arrived, Jack greeted Sam in the drive way. As soon as Sam was out of the car they hugged and kissed.

“Missed you.” Jack said.

“Missed you, too, Jack.” They kissed again then pulled apart.

Jack walk to the back of the car to get Sam's bags out of the trunk and gave his Mom a kiss on the cheek.

“Thanks, Mom.”

“You’re welcome, Son. Now, you take Sam inside and look after her.”

“Yes, Ma’am.” He saluted her. She laughed then whacked his arm then walked around and got back on the car and drove down to her place.

“Come on, Sam, you look tired.”

“I am, Jack.” They walked inside and into the living room where Sam sat down in her lazy boy chair and raised the foot rest.

“I'll go and take care of your bags. Would you like anything before I go?”

“I'm fine, thanks, Jack.” He bent over and gave her a kiss before walking out of the living room.

When he return he stopped and smiled when he saw Sam asleep. So he got a blanket and covered her with it. He walked into the kitchen to get some dinner started and make some calls. A couple of hours later, the twins came running through the front door.

Jack went to great them, “Hey how was school?”

“It was great Daddy, is Mommy home yet?”

“She sure is. Take your bags up to your rooms, then you can see her.” The twins ran past Jack and up the stairs to their rooms.

While they were doing that, Jack walked into the living room to wake Sam. When she awoke, he was kissing her.

She opened her eyes and smiled. “Jack.”

“Hey. Enjoy your nap?”

“Mmm, I did. Why did you wake me?” Then they heard the twins. Jack raised his eye brows and grinned.

“They’re home.”

“Yep. So want a drink or something?”

“Something, I need to pee.”

“Sure let me help you up” Jack helped Sam up and she walked down to the bathroom.

When the twins ran in to the room, they stopped and looked around. “Where’s Mommy?”

“Bathroom. She will be back in a minute,” Jack said as he folded the blanket and put it on the arm of the couch.

“Oh, can we watch a video?”

Jack look outside to see dark clouds heading towards Colorado Springs and he remembered that the forecast was for wet weather for the next few days. He turned back to the kids.

“OK, but it will need to be a short one so that you don’t complain when it’s time for dinner.”

They ran over to the DVD's storage and looked through them, then chose the one they wanted to watch. When they got it, they walked over to Jack who was waiting for them next to the TV.

He put the disk in and turned the TV on and started the video. He turned around to see the kids on the floor watching with smiles on their faces. He walked over to the couch just as Sam walked in to the room and sat down in the chair again. Jack passed Sam the remote.

“I'll get you kids some drinks.”

A he walked out of the room, he heard

“Dad the video stopped.... Mommy!” Jack smiled as he walked into the kitchen.

“Mommy!” The twins got up from the floor and ran over to her and gave her hugs.

“Surprise!”

“I missed you, Mommy” Grace said.

“I missed you, too, Sweetie.”

“I missed you, Mommy.”

“I missed you, too, Charlie. How was school?”

They both told Sam what they been doing at school. When Jack walked into the room with their drinks, he pass them around then sat down on the couch next to Sam’s chair listening to them talk about school and baseball.

Over the next week, Jack looked after the kids and Sam since he had also been given leave.

One day Sam was outside enjoying the sun when she was having back pain all morning. She remembered having the same pains before the twins were born. She managed to stand up and walk in side to look for Jack. When she found him he was in the laundry room.

“Hey, are you OK?” he asked after folding up a towel.

“I'm not sure, can you take me to the hospital?”

“Sam?” He walked over to her.

“I've been having back pains for the past two hours.”

“So would you like a back rub?” Sam shook her head.

“Jack I had these pains before I had the twins, it’s a warning.”

“Alright, let’s get you to the hospital for a checkup.” They walk out of the laundry room and towards the foyer.

“I'll go and get your bag, just in case.”

“OK, I'll wait for you in the truck.”

A few minutes later, Jack was driving Sam to the hospital. “Any contractions, yet?”

“Not yet but my back pain is getting worse so it could happen any time” As Jack drive to the hospital he look over at Sam every now and then, then back to the road.

When they arrived at the hospital, Jack helped Sam out of the truck then he picked up her bag and locked the truck before following Sam in to the hospital. When they walked in to the maternity ward of the hospital, Jack spotted a doctor who had her back to them since she was talking to a nurse.

“Hey, Doc.” She turned around and the three of them were shocked to see each other.

“Janet!” Sam said in shock when she saw Janet’s expanding stomach.

“Sam, Colonel.” She walked over to them.

“Sam, are you OK?”

“I'm in the early stages of labor and my water...just broke.” They looked down at the water mess then to each other.

“Come on. Let’s get you cleaned up and settled” She turned to the nurse.

“Can you get housekeeping in right away, Lieutenant?”

“Yes, Doctor.” Then she turned to Sam and Jack.

“Follow me.” They walked down the hall and into a room.

“Sam, I'll go and get the IV for you.”

“Thanks, Janet.” Then she walked out of the room.

Jack helped Sam get cleaned up and changed. Once done, she was in bed just as her first contraction hit. Jack held on to her hand ‘til it passed.

“Jack, did you know that Janet was pregnant?”

“No. Charlie didn't say a thing.”

“I wonder why?”

“Who knows, most probably wanted to surprise everyone.”

“Could well be.” They talked for few minutes before Janet and a nurse walked in with their equipment.

Jack stood back and watched them put an IV in Sam’s hand and attach a monitor to her stomach so they could keep an eye on each contraction and the baby’s heartbeat. When they finished, the nurse walked out of the room while Janet was filling out the paper work. When Janet finished, she looked up at them.

“Everything looks good Sam; I'm going to check to see how far dilated you are.”

“OK” then Sam started to open mouth breathe as she squeezed Jack's hand. Janet looked over at the monitor to see how long the contraction lasted.

When Sam relaxed after it passed, Janet wrote a couple of things down then she put the board on the table and lifted the blanket. Sam had her legs open as Janet checked, put the blanket down again.

“You’re seven centimeters dilated, Sam.”

“So how long, Doc?” Jack asked.

“I'll return in ten minutes, Sam when you had the twins, how long where you in labor?”

“Well, I had back pain on and off for two hours before my first contraction and about ten minutes later my water broke. I gave birth to the twins half an hour later.” Janet nodded.

“Alright, I'll come back and check on you in ten minutes.” She picked up the file and walked out of the room.

“Sam I've been thinking.”

“Have you now?” she said, grinning.

“Sam... I was thinking about the Stargate.”

“What about it?”

“You know the first mission date.”

“Yes, August 1994. What about it?”

“If we can somehow make it...two weeks earlier, the guys and I, if I can be the leader to go through the gate. I could use the two weeks to do things without anyone knowing that I was there.”

“Like what?”

“Well for starters: Argos, I could gate there when it’s their night time and turn the machine off.” Sam thought about it.

“OK that’s a good start, what else?”

“Nirrti, I could find her and kill her so she wouldn't have killed all those people and SG7.”

“What else would you do?”

“Go to that planet where we found that dead Russian and kill that snake, what’s his name that ended up in the Russian?”

“Marduk, that was the Goa'uld's name” Sam said. Jack thought about it.

“Yeah that snake. I could kill him then we wouldn't have to worry about him.”

“OK there was some....” She started to puff in and out until it passed.

“That one was longer.”

“I know. You were saying?”

“There was something that Daniel told me...the Eye of Tiamat.”

“OK, so I go there, kill the snake and destroy the eye of Tiamat...I can do that.”

“Is there anything else?” Jack thought about it.

“No, I think that will be enough.”

“OK.” Then she started puffing as she squeezed Jack’s hand then relaxed.

“I'll try to get on the team.”

“How?”

“I'll think of something, Sam.” They talk about other things until Janet returned. She looked at the monitor then turned to the nurse who was with her.

“Is the room ready?”

“It is Doctor.”

“Good. Help me move Sam in there.” Janet and the nurse disconnected Sam from the monitors and then they moved the bed to the door. A few minutes later, Jack was next to Sam wearing scrubs.

“OK, Sam you can push when the next contractions starts.”

Sam nodded then she started pushing as Janet counted.
Then she relaxed and started pushing again. Several minutes later Sam collapsed on the bed as they heard the baby cry for the first time.