samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


That night when Sam walked into her apartment, she took her shoes off and walked through into the living room. "Jack, I'm home" she called out as she undid the buttons of her dress blues.

"In the bathroom, Sam." Sam walked in to her bedroom then into the bathroom and stopped.

"Wow." She saw lit candles around the bath and on the counter, plus the bath was full of bubbles and Jack in it.

"Get naked woman and get in here," he said.

"Yes, Sir." Sam saluted Jack then turned and walk out the door. Jack grinned thinking about what he had planned.

A couple of minutes later, Sam walk in naked. She got into the bath and gave Jack a kiss before leaning back against the tub.

"This is what I needed."

"I'm aim to please, Sam. How did it go today?"

"Good. After I spoke to Chief of Staff and other top brass they decided to close the gate down... for now."

"OK, just like last time."

"Yeah, so care to tell me what happen this time round?"

"Sure." Jack told Sam what he did while on Abydos and on the other planets.

An hour later, they got out of the tub, dried off, and had put robes on when the doorbell rang so Jack went to get their dinner delivery, then returned to find Sam in bed waiting for him. So he join her in bed. Jack continued his story while they were enjoying pizza and beer. When he finish telling her, they had finished the pizza and beer.

"So two Goa'uld are now dead and Hanka is saved."

"Yes."

"At least it's a start."

"True and Anubis won't be able to use his super weapon against Abydos."

"You said you had some other news for me?" Jack smiled.

"First of all, you are now looking at retired Brigadier General O'Neill." Sam's eyes widened.

"They promoted you?"

"Yep."

"And you retired? Why?"

"Because Sam, I want us together as a family. You missed so much with the twins. When school starts again, they can go to school here and you can spend time with them and Connor." Sam smiled and leaned over to give him a kiss.

"Jack, that is a great idea!"

"I have my moments." Sam laughed.

"Jack, my lease expires in two weeks."

"I know. I know I should have talked to you about it first... I bought a house six months ago." Sam eyes widened again.

"You what...?"

"Yeah, it's a seven bedroom, four and half bathroom house. There's a big back yard for the kids to play, and it's close to schools and playgrounds."

"That must have cost a lot of money."

"It was only $600,000. I've already paid cash for the house."

"Why so cheap?"

"It needed quite a bit of work done on the place. That was completed and passed inspection before the Abydos mission. We can move when your lease expires; by that time our new furniture will be there."

"Jack O'Neill, you sure can be full of surprises." Jack grinned as she gave him a kiss.

"You're going to love it, Sam."

"I do trust you, Jack. How about showing me the place tomorrow?"

"Sure; but for now?" He leaned over and gave Sam a passionate kiss. They made love and talked for the next two hours before getting some sleep.

The next night Jack took Sam to the house. As he knew, she loved the house. That weekend they flew to Colorado Springs where they were looking forward to seeing the kids. When they walked in the door after the taxi dropped them off, they put their bags down and walked into the living room to see the kids watching a DVD.

"What you're watching?" Jack said. They turned around and were shocked to see their parents.

"Mom, Dad you're home!" They got off the floor and ran over to them to give them a hug.

They watched Connor get up from the floor and walk over to them. He raised his arms up so Jack lifted him to give him a hug then passed him to Sam.

"Hello, little man, I missed you."

"Mommy." Sam smiled

"Yes." Then she gave him a kiss.

"Jack, Sam." They turned around.

"Hi, Mom. We're back."

"I can see that. How are you both?"

"We are good Mom. We have some news to share." They walked into the living room and sat down on the couch.

"First of all, I've been promoted" Jack said.

"Promoted... General?"

"Brigadier General, Mom, yes."

"I'm so proud of you, Son."

"Thanks, Mom, and second: I've retired."

"What? Why?"

"So the kids and I could move to Washington to be with Sam and Connor."

"Jack, are you sure about this?"

"Yes, Mom, Sam and I talked it over. We're going to move to Washington but... we will keep this house here for the holidays like family Christmas, and we are leaving the furniture here."

"I'm shocked, Son, but, as long as you are happy, that's all that matters to me."

"What about you, Mom?"

"I can come and visit."

"Any time, Mom."

"Kids, what do you think of that idea?" Sam asked.

"What about school?"

"You can go to school in Washington. In fact, it's not far from our new house and there's even a park where you two can play."

"What about our friends here?"

"Well, you could write to each other, that way you can keep in contact with them" Sam said.

"When are we leaving?" Grace asked

"Well, I'm only here 'til Sunday, but you will be moving to Washington with Daddy next weekend."

"Will you be there?" Charlie asked.

"Yes, I'll be there waiting for you in our new home." Sam said smiling. They talked for another half hour. They all went out to dinner, including his Mom.

The next day Jack and Sam spent the day with the kids. They went to the zoo and to the mall for new clothes for the kids.

On Sunday, Sam said her good byes to Jack and the kids at the airport before getting onto the plane. During the week after work, Sam took carloads of stuff to the new house and while there, she spent a few hours getting things organized before returning to her apartment.

On Friday afternoon, Sam had the afternoon off so she could collect the last of her things while the service cleaned the place for the last time. When everything was done and the cleaners had gone, the apartment manager arrived to inspect the apartment. He was happy with what he saw, signed the papers, and passed Sam a copy as she passed him the keys to the place before leaving.

When she arrived home, she unpacked the last of her things and started getting them arranged. She made up the beds for when her family arrived the next day. That night Sam went to bed early knowing that the next day would be very busy.

Later on Saturday morning, Sam went to get food for the house from supermarket not far from her place. When she traveled home, she noticed someone following her. It was the same vehicle that she had noticed several times in the past two weeks but did not know who it was.

Sam had just finished putting the last of the food away when the doorbell rang so she went to see who it was. She looked through the one-way glass that was in the door. She recognized the person from the Pentagon so she open the door slightly.

"Yes, Lieutenant?" He smiled at her.

Hi. I saw you at the grocery store and saw your SUV in the driveway. I was wondering if you like to go out to dinner tonight."

Sam frowned and she looked past the guy and saw his car in the driveway. Then she realized he was the one who had been following her.

She looked at him again, saw his charming face, and said, "No thanks, I've got plans tonight."

"Oh, perhaps another time."

"I don't think so. If you will excuse me, Lieutenant, I have things to do."

"Ah sure. See you around." He walked down the steps, got into his car, and drove away.

Sam closed the door and locked it. Then she walked over to the phone, picked it up, and dialed a number.

"Hello, Pentagon. How can I help you?"

"General Ryan's office, please. This is Major Carter, five, seven, three, six, nine, zero, two."

"One moment, please." Then Sam heard the phone ring.

"General Ryan."

"General Ryan, it's Major Carter, Sir."

"Major Carter, what can I do for you?"

"General, I thought you should know there's a Lieutenant Hanson from the Pentagon. He's been stalking me and asking a lot of questions, Sir."

"Questions, Major?"

"Yes, Sir. Personal and professional, Sir, like 'what I'm doing'. He's even been asking my staff about what I do. They told me about it yesterday morning."

"Why didn't you come to me about it?" Sam smiled.

"General, you were in a meeting all morning and I had the afternoon off."

"Ah. Why call me now?"

"General, Lieutenant Hanson came to my house, asking me out, Sir, and it's not the first time. I keep saying 'no'... General, I don't trust Lieutenant Hanson, Sir."

"Alright. I'll look in to it and have a word with the lieutenant."

"Thank you, General. I would prefer it would be you, rather than my husband, Sir."

"General O'Neill, right?"

"Yes, Sir. I'd rather not tell Jack, knowing what he might do to the lieutenant, Sir."

"Yes. I understand. Leave it to me."

"Thank you, General."

"Major, when is the General coming to Washington?" Sam smiled.

"My family is arriving just after noon today, Sir."

"OK. I'll let you go and get your family, enjoy your weekend, Major."

"You too, Sir. See you on Monday morning." Then they hung up.

Sam finished doing a couple of chores before leaving to go to the airport. On the way, she noticed that the lieutenant was following her. When she got to the airport, and got out of her Explorer, she walked into the terminal, and over to where the signs to learn at which gate her family would be arriving.

Noting the gate number, she headed down the hallway. When she got there, she waited with others are who were waiting for family and friends arrive. While waiting Sam look around and noticed the lieutenant watching her, but Sam pretended that she didn't see him.

Soon the doors opened and passengers were walking towards their loved ones. Sam looked around, then smiled when she saw Jack carrying Connor in his arms and the twins in front of him.

When he saw her, Jack grinned. "Kids, there's Mom." He pointed.

When the kids saw Sam, they ran over to her. Sam crouched down and opened her arms as they ran towards her. They all hugged.

"I missed you kids so much." She gave them heaps of kisses and hugs.

"Ew, yuck" Charlie said as he was wiping his face with his tee shirt.

"Sorry, but I missed you both."

"I missed you, Mommy," Grace said.

"Me, two," Charlie said. Then she hugged them once more before standing.

"Hey" Jack said.

"Hey." They hugged and kissed, then Jack passed Connor to her. Sam gave him a kiss on the cheek and a hug.

"Missed you."

"Missed you, Mommy." Then he gave her a kiss and hug back.

"Shall we get our bags?" Jack asked.

"Sure, come on kids"

Jack held onto the twins' hand, while Sam carried Connor. "Did everything arrive OK, Sam?"

"Yes, the kids' things arrived this morning."

"Good. What shall we do when we leave here?"

"Lunch!"

"Sam, it's..."

"After twelve and I know a great place for lunch," she said smiling.

"You do, do you?"

"Yes. What do you say kids, lunch, then home?"

"What are we having, Mom?" Charlie asked

"Food, kids, food!" They walked over to the baggage claim area.