samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


That night in bed, she told Jack what happened in the lab and about the conversation with General Ryan.

"Sam, you were lucky, by the sound of things."

"I know that Jack. I hope General Ryan can find out what happen with the back ground check."

"Same here." He gave Sam a kiss and held her in his arms.

The next week, Sam was called in to General Ryan's office. "Major."

"Sir, you asked for me?"

"Yes. Lieutenant Hanson has been found guilty of attempted assault on you and giving false information when he join the Academy."

"Meaning, Sir?"

"The information he gave us was for another Jonas Hanson with the same name, and birth date but born in a different hospital." Sam nodded.

"What happens to him now, Sir?"

"He's been sent to prison for five years."

"Sir, why wasn't I called in to testify?"

"It was the investigation in his back ground check that got him the five years. As for the video camera recording, it couldn't be shown."

"Classified?"

"Yes, sorry, Major."

"It's okay, General. At least he got five years. It's better than nothing."

"Yes, Major, it is."

"Thank you for telling me this, Sir."

"You're welcome, Major. If there nothing else, you're dismissed." Sam stood at attention before walking out of the general's office.

That night she told Jack what General Ryan had told her. "At least it's over and he's not getting in to the stargate program."

"My thoughts exactly!"

Three months later, Jacob, Mel, Jack, Sam and the kids flew to Orlando, where they were meeting Mark, his fiancée Terri and her family and their friends for the engagement party. While on the plane, Sam noticed how tense Jacob was, so she got up from her seat, and walked over and sat in the seat her mother had just left to visit the toilet.

"Dad, are you OK?"

"Yes... no."

"What's wrong?"

"It's Terri's family."

"What about them? I'm sure they're nice, even though I haven't met them."

"Terri and her brothers and sister were raised by their grandparents."

"OK but...?"

"They are wealthy, Sam. I mean the house they live in cost about nine, ten million dollars." Sam raised an eyebrow.

"Really? But it's not the money is it?"

"No, Terri's grandfather is a retired General of the Air Force."

"Retired as in..."

"Four stars"

"Ah. So you're worried about ranks."

"Yeah, he said to me, 'when I was your age I had already reached the rank of lieutenant general'," Jacob said, trying to sound like Terri's grandfather.

"But Dad you've got... two over him."

"What do you mean Sam?"

"Jack and me. How many 40 year old generals do you know besides Jack?"

"None."

"Or 24 year old majors?"

"None." Then he smiled.

"Thanks, Sam."

"You're welcome, Dad... what happened with your physical?"

"They're running more tests."

"They found something, didn't they? Come on."

"They're not sure yet, it might be nothing."

"Then it might be something, Dad."

"I know, Kiddo." Sam stood up just as Mel returned.

"Just remember what I said, Dad." Jacob nodded then Sam returned to her seat.

"Everything OK?"

"We can talk about it when we get to the hotel."

"Alright."

When the plane landed, they all got off and walked into the terminal.

Once they got their bags, they walked towards the exit where the limo was waiting for them. Once they were all in, they headed to the Peabody Hotel where they were staying and meeting Mark. When they arrived at the hotel, Mark and Terri were waiting for them.

"Mom, Dad, you made it" Mark said when he saw them first getting out of the limo.

"Of course we made it, Son," Jacob said as they hugged. Then he gave Terri a hug.

"Hi, Terri. It's good to see you again."

"You, too, Jacob... Mel" when they hugged.

Then the kids got out. "Uncle Mark" Charlie said as he gave him a hug. Then Grace did.

"I'm pleased you're here. Terri this is Charlie and Grace, my niece and nephew."

"Hi, it's nice to finally meet you both."

"Are you going to marry Uncle Mark?" Grace asked.

"I sure am."

"Good, 'cause he need someone to love," Grace said.

Jack and Sam got out of the limo with Jack carrying sleeping Connor in his arms.

"Terri, this is my sister, Major Samantha Carter, and her husband retired General Jack O'Neill and their other son Connor."

"With two 'L's... nice to meet you, Terri" Jack said shaking her hand.

"You, too, Jack, Sam. You're both young to be a General and a Major."

"We worked hard to get to where we are today."

"Okay."

"Shall we," Mark said. They followed Mark and the bellhops into the hotel.

When they got keys to their suites, they said their good night to Mark and Terri. Jack and Sam walked into the room followed by the twins. They were amazed by the side of it. After the bellboys put their bags on the beds, they said their good nights before leaving closing the door behind them.

"I'll put Connor to bed," Jack said.

"OK... come on kids let's get you two ready for bed, you've got a big day tomorrow."

Sam followed the twins into their room where Connor portable crib was also set up. Once the kids were in bed and they read a book each, they went to sleep after Jack and Sam gave them a kiss each. They turned off the light but they left small light on in the bathroom for them just in case they get up in the middle of the night to use the toilet. Jack and Sam went to bed few minutes later.

The next morning Sam and Mel went to the spa at the hotel where they were pampered, leaving Jack and Jacob to look after the kids for few hours. When Mel and Sam returned to their hotel rooms, they got ready at the same time as Jack, Jacob and the kids.

When Sam saw what Jack was wearing, it made her smile. He had chosen black pants, black tie, white shirt and black leather jacket. When Jack looked at Sam, she was wearing a royal blue tea length V-neck dress in iridescent taffeta, with a wrap bodice and A line skirt. Sam was also wearing a diamond pendant and matching earrings. The boys were wearing pants and shirts, while Grace was wearing a blue dress.

"Sam, you look beautiful."

"Jack, you look... hot" she said smiling back at him.

"Shall we?" They walked out of their hotel room just as Jacob and Mel walked out of theirs.

They walked down to the lobby and outside to a waiting limo. Once they were in, they were on their way to the house.

"Dad, where's Mark?" Sam asked.

"He's at the house. He said he would be waiting for us."

"OK." They were all quiet 'til the car turned down the driveway.

"Wow, that's some house" Sam said.

"Yeah."

"How could a retired general afford a place like that?" Jack asked.

"A few years ago, they won the Florida Lottery. It was about $200 million."

"That is a lot of money," Grace said.

"It sure is." When the limo stopped, they all got out just as Mark opened the door and walked out to great them.

"You made it, come on out back," Mark said.

They followed Mark through the house and out back where there were other people around. There was music playing in a corner and waiters walking around with champagne and other drinks and finger food. An elderly gentleman and his wife walked over to them.

"Jacob, Mel, I'm happy to see you here." He shook Jacob's hand and gave Mel a hug.

"Retired General Tom Green and his wife, Tina, this is my daughter Major Samantha Carter and her husband retired General Jack O'Neill, and their children Charlie, Grace and Connor."

"It's nice to meet you, Sir," Sam said. Tom laughed.

"Call me Tom I'm retired."

"Yes, Sir... I mean, Tom" They shook hands.

"Mark tells me you're in the Air Force."

"Yes, that's right."

"And you're a major. When I was your age, I was a captain. What's your secret?" Sam smiled.

"A lot of hard work, Tom."

"I bet, and General O'Neill."

"Jack." They shook hands.

"How old are you?"

"How old are you?" Jack said back. Tom laughed.

"I'm seventy-three. You?"

"Forty."

"And you're a General."

"And retired."

"Why the hell did you retire so young?"

"Family."

"Right. Well then come on and enjoy your selves" Tom said smiling. Then he walked over to their other guests.

"That went well," Jack said.

"Yeah" Jacob said.

"Dad, just relax will ya? Any way you heard what he said."

"True." They walked around greeting the other guests. Sam saw a man she recognized, then she saw Terri walking over to her.

"Sam, are you OK?"

"Yeah, do you know that man over there?" Terri turned to see who Sam meant.

"Yes. I know him he's my uncle." Sam raised an eyebrow.

"Uncle... family?"

"Yes, his wife was my mother's sister."

"You're his niece."

"Yes. How do you know him?"

"From the Persian Gulf War, he didn't like me at all back then, and he didn't like it when I was promoted twice and received a number of medals during the war."

"Really? No wonder he doesn't get on well with Mark."

"It's because of me."

"Well, don't let him ruin your evening."

"Don't worry, I won't. As long as Jack doesn't see him, things will be fine." Everyone managed to have a good time.

Later that night Jacob, Mel, Jack, Sam and the kids left to return to the hotel.