samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Connor was sleeping against Jack and the twins were tired after running around with other kids. When they arrived at the hotel, they all said their 'good nights' to Jacob and Mel before walking into their room.

Once the kids were changed and their teeth brushed and in bed, Jack and Sam gave them a kiss good night. Jack turned the lights off and partly closed the door, before they went to bed themselves. While in bed they talked about at the party.

"Jack, I saw General Bauer at the party."

"Really, I didn't know Tom knew him."

"Oh he does. He's Tom's son-in-law." Jack raised his eye brows.

"Really?"

"Yeah, Terri told me."

"Do you know if he saw you?"

"As far as I know, he didn't."

"OK."

"I asked Terri about what happened to her parents."

"What happened to them?"

"Her father died in 1973, in Vietnam, three months after being sent over there. Her mother was five months pregnant with her when she received word."

"A lot of wives lost their husbands during the war."

"Yeah... her mother died when she was a year old from cancer. She found out after Terri was born, when they did a C section since Terri was breach. They did a hysterectomy, but the cancer had already spread to her colon and one of her kidneys. She never knew how sick she was. Terri's grandmother told Terri that her mother was having a difficult pregnancy and the shock of losing her husband of twelve years then finding out you have cancer few months later..."

"It would be very hard alright, so Tom and his wife got custody of the kids."

"Yeah."

"Let's get some sleep. We've got that Memorial Day service tomorrow."

"True." They kissed before snuggling down in each other's arms and falling asleep.

The next morning they all went to the Memorial Day service. Jacob, Jack and Sam were wearing their dress blues. There were thousands of other people present, most of whom were in their uniforms and with their families. At the end of the service every one talked while they departed.

Sam looked around and saw Mark waving to her. "Mom, Dad, there's Mark." They all turned to where Sam was looking.

Then they walked over to Mark to see Terri and some of her family there. "Mom, Dad, Sam, Jack."

"Mark" Jacob said.

"You've got a lot of medals, Jack" Tom said.

"So has Sam."

"Doesn't look like many to me." Sam could see that Jack was trying to contain his anger.

"Granddad, look at Sam's medals" Terri said.

"Why should I?"

"Because, Grandfather" Terri said as she starting to get a bit angry with him.

"Major Carter has made history. That is why"

"Now you listen to me, Terri, you have more respect for your elders."

"How can I have respect for my elders, when they don't show respect in return? You always put others down just because you reached the rank of four star general. That doesn't give you the right to put others down."

"Don't you talk to me like that, Terri!"

"Or you'll what, hit me?" He had raised his hand. He moved to hit her when Jack stopped him. Tom turned to Jack with anger written all over his face.

"Last guy I saw hit a woman, I almost crushed his throat with three fingers... I was only seventeen back then. So my advice to you: don't raise a hand to a woman." Tom pulled his hand away from Jack.

"Don't you ever touch me like that again, General." Jack stepped forward until he was very close to Tom.

"Or you will do what?"

"Jack... come on. Let's head back to the hotel" Sam said as she put her hand on his arm.

He turned to Sam and nodded. "Good idea, Sam. Come on." They turned and walked away with Jacob, Mel and the kids.

"Tom, you're lucky Sam stopped Jack when she did" Mark said. Tom turned to Mark.

"Jack is a legend in the black ops community and is a hero. Both he and Sam are heroes" Mark said.

"Grandfather, both Jack and Sam have been awarded the Medal of Honor. Sam is the only female in history to receive the Medal."

"And she's the only one who has won every scientific award at the Academy and received top marks in Air Force history. Plus, both Jack and Sam are level five in hand to hand" Mark said, and then he turned to Terri.

"Come on, Terri. Let's go."

"Sure...just remember, Grandfather, you tried to pull down two Air Force heroes today, in front of other military personnel and Jack and Sam's family... soon to be our family. If anyone deserves respect, it's Jack and Sam." She turned and held on to Mark's hand as they walked away from Tom and his wife.

"She's right, Tom." He turned to his wife.

"You..." He looked at her angrily.

"She is Tom; I saw the medals, and if you had listened to what Mark said about Sam, you wouldn't be the way you are right now. Let me remind you Tom... Sam has the utmost respect from everyone at the Pentagon and the Academy who knows her. That includes the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the President of the United States. He was the one who presented her Medal of Honor. Just because you reached your goal, doesn't mean you should pull others down like that. Or you will be losing a lot of friends with your attitude." She turned and walked towards the exit, leaving him there.

When Jack and his family reached the hotel, they all went and got changed and packed their bags, and then left.

A few hours later they walked into their house. "Kids, why don't you go unpack your bags?"

"OK Mom" Charlie said as they all walked up stairs.

Sam took care of Connor's clothes while Jack took care of theirs and their dress blues. Once everything was done, the kids went to watch TV while Jack and Sam were in the kitchen getting them a hot drink, as well as getting dinner started.

"Jack are you OK? You've been quiet since the memorial service."

"I'm fine... it's Tom."

"Hey, don't let him get to you. You're way better than that. I feel sorry for Mark and Terri."

"Me, too. No wonder Jacob doesn't like him."

"That's for sure. Come here." Jack stepped forward into Sam's arms. They hugged, comforting each other.

"You know, Sam" he moved back so he could look at her, "You looked hot and sexy in your dress blues today." Sam grinned, and her eyes twinkled.

"Really?"

"Yep! You know, just thinking about it turns me on" he said with a smirk and he pushed his hips against Sam's.

"Well them, Jack, I'll have to take care of that problem tonight after the kids are in bed."

"I'll hold you to that, Sam." Then they kissed. Later that night, after the kids were in bed sleeping, Sam did keep her promise and took care of Jack's 'problem'.

The next morning Sam left for work, after giving the kids and Jack kisses. Jack walked the kids to school and to day care which was a twenty minute walk from their house. For the rest of the day, Jack managed to keep himself busy.

On the first of June, Sam managed to get couple of days off since it was her and Jack tenth wedding anniversary. They had decided to renew their wedding vows in front of two hundred family and friends. Sam went to a spa to get pampered at the Lansdowne Resort.

She was in the room with her mother getting ready. Sam had told Jack that she wanted to wear her original wedding dress again and he agreed. When Sam was ready, her mother looked at her. She still couldn't believe that her only daughter was renewing her wedding vows.

"Sam, are you ready?"

"Yes, Mom, shall we?"

Mel picked up Sam's train while Sam picked up her bouquet, then they left the room. Just a few minutes later, they were at the doors that led outside. Jacob was waiting for them.

"Jacob." He turned and looked at Sam in shock.

"Wow. Sam, you look amazing!"

"Thanks, Dad. Shall we do this?"

"Yep." Jacob opened the door, poked his head out, and gave a nod. Then he stepped back to Sam's right side, with her mother on the other side.

They heard the music start and the doors opened. They walked outside and Sam dropped her train. The staff made sure it was clear. Then the three of them walked down the aisle. When they reached the front, Jacob placed Sam's hand into Jack's, then he and Mel walked over and sat down in the front seats.

Every one watched them renew their wedding vows. When it came to the ring, Jack pulled it out of his pocket and slipped it on to Sam finger next to the wedding and engagement rings. At the end, they kissed and every one clapped and cheered.

Once every one settled down, they walked back up the aisle, with the family behind them. They stopped at the doors where family and friends could congratulate them. Then afterward they posed for photos. When done, every one went inside for the wedding reception.

While everyone was going into the main hall Jack and Sam went up to their room where Jack helped Sam remove her train. Once it was put away, they kissed, passionately, before leaving the room to go to the ball room where the reception was being held.

Every one enjoyed themselves, laughing, eating, drinking, and having fun. They had chosen a cake with four round tiers, with white roses around the bottom of each of the layer, and hearts with the initials 'J' 'S' on it and Air Force groom and bride on top with heart shape back round. As the song for their first dance, they chose 'Amazed By You' from Atlantic star.

Jack and Sam left the party just after twelve. They returned to their hotel room where they remove each other's clothes, then they kissed and got into bed where they made love till they fell asleep in each other's arms.

They spent the morning in bed talking and making love before getting up and having a shower before leaving. When they returned, home they sorted out their bags before going shopping and returning home in time to walk to the day care and school to pick up their kids.

Sam scheduled a month of leave time to coincide with the school summer vacation. They flew to St Cloud, where they rented a four-wheel drive SUV. Once the family was in, Jack drove them to Silver Creek, where they brought some food, then on to the cabin. As soon as they arrived, and were out of the car, the twins ran to the dock.

Connor followed them. "Charlie, Grace, keep an eye on Connor, will ya?" Jack called out.

"OK, Dad." Sam helped Jack take everything into the cabin and helped clean the place up and make the beds. When done, they walked outside with drinks in hand and sat down at table that Jack had built the last time he and the twins where there, when Sam was pregnant with Connor and was in Washington.

"So, Sam, want to go fishing?" Sam laughed.

"Later, but I'm sure Grace and Charlie will be ready when you are."

"True, but I think they would rather go swimming than fishing."

"Good point. What about Connor?"

"Sam, you know he will want to go swimming as well."

"True." Sam leaned back and closed her eyes and relaxed.

Jack looked at her for few minutes then he grinned. He stood up and walked over to her side. He then quickly scooped her up in his arms.

"Jack" Sam squealed as she opened her eyes to look at his, then she turned to see where he was taking her.

"Jack, don't you dare!"

"Why not? You look like you need cooling down. Stand clear, kids. Coming through!"

"Dad, what are you doing to Mom?" Grace asked as Jack walked out to the end of the dock.

"Jack, don't you... Jack!" Sam screamed as Jack released her.

With quick reflexes, she grabbed Jack's shirt causing him to lean forward and fall into the lake the same time as Sam. The kids were laughing when Jack and Sam came up for air.

"Jack"! She splashed him. He waded over to her and pulled her into his arms and gave her a kiss.

"Why not?" He leaned close to her ear and whispered, "I've always wanted to know what you look like wearing a wet tee shirt." He pulled back while smiling.

"And?"

He look down and up again. "Oh yeah, I like what I see." Sam slapped his arm then they kissed.

"Mommy." They turned to Connor who was standing at the end of the dock.

"Mommy? Jump!"

"Go for it" Jack said, as he turned toward Connor.

Connor jumped into the water just in front of Jack. Jack grabbed him just as he went under, and then picked him up.

"Hey, you're all wet" Jack said to Connor.

"So are you, Daddy!" Jack moved around while Connor was kicking his legs.

Then he looked over to see Charlie and Grace running to the end of the dock and jumping into the pond still fully clothed. When they surfaced they both laughed and started splashing their parents and brother.

"Hey, you're scaring the bass away!" Jack said.

"You scared them away first, Dad" Charlie said as he splashed him and Connor.

"Very funny." They spent ten minutes having fun before getting out of the pond.

They all stayed outside for an hour while trying to dry off. Sam strip down to her underwear and went inside to quickly get changed and get the others a towel each.

Once they all were in dry clothes, Sam hand rinsed the clothes and hung them on a rope that she had put up between the house and wood shed while Jack got dinner started... They were having hot dogs for dinner outside.