samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


"Everyone get down, Teal'c keep an eye out on the tree line."

Teal'c looked around as everyone crouched down. Sam watched hopping it wasn't Jaffa coming through the gate. When she saw who it was she stood up.

"Come on. They are my people."

When Sam stood up, so did the others then they ran down to the Stargate while Sam and Teal'c watched their backs.

When Jack and his team stepped through the gate they noticed how cold it was.

"OK let's follow these tracks" Jack said.

"General, look." Jack looked where the captain was pointing.

"What the hell?"

When people were running down the hill and heading toward them, Jack got his small scope out and looked up on the hill. He smiled when he saw it was Sam and Teal'c. Jack turned and ran over to the DHD. He pulled out piece of paper and started dialing Earth.

"General, what's going on?"

"Captain, when they are close enough, go through the gate. Tell Hammond we refugees coming through."

"But, Sir."

"Just do it, Captain." Then the worm hole was formed.

"Go!" The captain ran up the steps and through the gate.

"Go through the gate, you're safe now."

They all went through the gate. Sam and Teal'c were last down the hill. Sam ran over to Jack and gave him a hug.

"Sam, are you OK?"

"Yes, Jack I am." She turned around.

"Teal'c, this is my husband, Jack O'Neill, he's the one who killed Ra." Teal'c bowed slightly.

"I have nowhere to go."

"You're welcome to stay with us, Teal'c. Let's go home." They all walked up the steps and through the gate and it shut down.

When they step on the ramp and the gate shut down, there were people everywhere.

"General, what in God's name? Who are these people?"

"Refugees, General" Sam said as she stepped down the ramp, smiling.

"And him, he's…"

"General, he saved my life and helped me free these people." She turned to Teal'c.

"Teal'c, this is General Hammond, leader of this base."

"General Hammond." He stepped forward and the SFs raised their weapons.

"General, he won't hurt you, Sir." When Teal'c stopped in front of General Hammond, he passed his staff weapon to him, and then he bowed slightly.

"Teal'c. I..." He turned to Sam.

"You know who or what he is?"

"I do, General. With your consent, he can join SG1, Sir."

"It's not up to me."

"I know, Sir."

"Let's get these people sorted and... Teal'c I'm afraid I'll have to put you in a cell for the time being. I hope you understand."

"I do, General Hammond."

"This is going to be one hell of a briefing, Major." Sam smiled tiredly.

"Yes, Sir. It will be, Sir." They look around the room as the prisoners were hugging them and the others who were with Jack.

Six hours later, everyone was in the briefing room. "Major, would you care to tell us what happened?"

"Yes. Sir."

Sam took a deep breath and started telling General Hammond and the others what happened when she went through the gate. When she finished, two hours later, they were shocked and impressed with what she had accomplished.

"Are you sure that this Heru'ur is dead, Major?"

"Yes, Sir."

"General, we need to get Daniel Jackson back here. From what Teal'c told me, there are more of these... Goa'uld out there" Sam said.

"How many?"

"Unknown at this time, General."

"Alright. You leave here in twelve hours, that's including you Major Carter. You are also going on tomorrow's mission. Now go and get some sleep."

"Yes. Sir." They all stood just as Hammond did. Then they walked out of the briefing room.

The next day, the old team and Sam went through the gate to Abydos. When they walked down the steps they all heard, "Jack, Sam." Daniel greeted them, smiling. He gave them both hugs.

"Daniel, I see every one's alright" when the others walked out of their hiding spots.

"I take it he showed up?" Jack and Sam knew he was talking about Apophis.

"Yep, he's dead. So are his queen and Heru'ur." Daniel raised his eye brows.

"Heru'ur's dead?"

"Yep. We came to take you back with us."

"I know. Before we return… we were just about to sit down for our evening meal, come and join us"

"Sure." The other Abydonians walk out and greeted them. They all sat down around the fire while they talked.

"I found Ra's cartouche and walls full of addresses, I've written down at least a quarter of the wall since I've been here."

"Really?" Sam said.

"Yes." Then Sha're arrived and sat next to Daniel. He passed her some of his bread and meat.

"I've videotaped all the walls so Sam could use it for gate addresses."

"Thanks, Daniel."

"So how are thing back on Earth?"

"We have a son named Connor" Jack said.

"Really? That's great."

"Yes it is. Kawalski is married to Doc Frasier and they have a little girl."

"And another on the way."

"What?" Sam and Jack said at the same time.

"When is Janet due" Sam asked.

"Next month, it's a boy this time."

"Well, congrats you two sure didn't waste any time." Everyone laughed, and then Skaara showed up with the drink.

Sam knew what was going to happen. They all watched Jack sniff it and take a small sip. Then he sprayed it all over Sam.

"Smooth" he said as he was gasping for breath; everyone else laughed.

"Real smooth." Then he passed it to Sam. She took a small sip and passed it to the others.

They talked and laughed for the next two hours before they returned to Earth. Daniel said his good byes but promise to return. When they arrived at the SGC, they went and got clean up and had their post mission exams. Then they had their briefing which lasted for over an hour.

When everyone left the briefing room, Jack went to see Teal'c. Daniel went with Sam into her lab.

"Here, Sam." He handed Sam the chips and camera.

"Thanks. I did up a new program; it won't take long to get all the addresses."

Sam copied all the video recording on to a lap top, and then she did some typing on a computer which was connected to the lap top.

"Watch this" Sam said then she pressed 'enter'.

Daniel watched what happened. He saw the symbols show up till there were seven; then it moved to the right, then another seven symbols appeared and once more the cursor moved to the right.

"I remember that one" Daniel said pointing to one address.

"I know that one, not this time."

"What are you going to do Sam?"

"First one will be P3R272"

"Which one was that?"

"The Ancient repository"

"Ah I remember that, good start."

"While I'm doing this, you should give your parents a call."

"Are you sure Sam?"

"Yes, go on."

"Thanks Sam." He stood up and walked out the door.

"Daniel." He turned to Sam.

"You can stay with Jack and me until things are sorted out."

"Thanks, Sam."

"Give Catherine a call, too."

"I'll do that." He turned away and walked out the door.

Sam had been working on the program for over an hour when Jack walk in.

"Hey." Sam turned around.

"Hey, how's Teal'c?"

"Good, Samuels wants to take him back to Washington."

"That's not going to happen... is it?"

"Nope. Hammond spoke to the President. He's staying here. As for putting him on a team..."

"SG1."

"Yep, for trial basis."

"OK." He walked in and over to see what Sam was doing.

"Is that from the walls on Abydos?"

"Yep it's the program I wanted to do... last time so we can get the addresses quicker now."

"Good, Hammond asked me to return temporarily, I said it was OK."

"Good. Who is going to be on SG1?"

"Me, Ferretti, Teal'c and Daniel."

"OK, anything else?"

"Yeah he asked the top brass to have you here permanently since you are the expert on the Stargate. He's going to let us know tomorrow." Then General Hammond walked in.