samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Daniel was on the surface when the two SUV's pulled up. His parents, Dr. Cole, and Dr. Kleinhouse got out and walked over to Daniel.

"Daniel, why are we here, this is NORAD... why are you here?"

"As I said I will explain everything to you. Follow me." They followed Daniel through a couple of doors until they came to the first checkpoint.

"Sign here," Daniel said. They all signed in and were given visitor passes.

Then they follow Daniel to the elevators. Once in, Daniel pushed the button for the eleventh floor. "Daniel, what's going on?"

"Mom, trust me, OK?" She nodded.

"How far down are we going?" Dr. Cole asked.

"Level twenty eight." When the doors opened, they followed Daniel to a second checkpoint.

"You'll all need to sign in again."

"How many more times do we have to sign?" Dr. Kleinhouse asked.

"Just once more." When done, they walked to the next elevators.

Once in, they rode down to level twenty-seven. When the doors opened, they stepped off and followed Daniel toward the briefing room. They notice a lot of Air Force personnel and Marines walking around and standing guard. When they walked into the briefing room, they stopped and looked around the table.

"Dr. Cole, Dr. Kleinhouse, Claire, and Melburn Jackson, this is Major General George Hammond, the commander of this base."

"Welcome, please sit. I know you have a lot of questions."

"Yes, we have."

"I know you are wondering about Hathor's sarcophagus, it's here. We had it opened and we almost lost the base. If it weren't for Major Samantha Carter risking her life in killing Hathor, none of us would be here."

"Hathor is a myth," Dr. Kleinhouse said.

"She's not... before I tell you any more, please sign these." Daniel pushed the files and pens toward the four of them. They opened them up and looked at them then to Daniel.

"You're joking, right?"

"No, Dad, I'm not, what I'm going to tell you... "

"Is it to do with your alien theory?" Dr. Cole asked.

"Yes, plus much more." He looked at Daniel then pick up the pen and signed the form.

Then the other three did the same. Once done, Daniel passed them to Walter who was waiting in the doorway.

"Thanks, Sergeant. Can you get Teal'c for me, please? He should be in his room, the gym, or the mess hall."

"Yes, Sir." He walked out of the room. Daniel sat down.

"What I said about aliens ships using pyramids as landing sites... it's true and I have proof."

"You're joking."

"I'm not, there's more."

Daniel started telling them about the Stargate, about the Goa'uld, the Tok'ra. Whom they had met, so far, and what friends and allies they had made along the way. While he was talking, Teal'c walked in and sat down next to Daniel and listened. When Daniel finished telling them everything, they look at him with their mouths open.

"Daniel, that is some story," Melburn said.

"It's not a story, Dad... Mom, Dad, Dr. Cole, Dr. Kleinhouse this is Teal'c... he is a Jaffa and to prove to you about the symbiote...Teal'c, would you please?"

Teal'c stood, pulled his shirt out of his pants, and lifted it. They all saw the X mark then they saw the symbiote stick its head out and go back inside.

"What the... you're not joking, Daniel," Claire said in shock.

"There's more." He stood and went to a red button on the all and pressed it.

"Come and take a look for your selves." They stood and walked to the window.

"That's the Stargate," Melburn said.

"Yes it is... the three years you didn't hear from me... I was on another planet, called Abydos... I married the leader's daughter."

"You're married?"

"Yes Mom. You'll like Sha're... when we first met, she never left my side. She was curious about what I was doing and laughed at the things I did to try to help out." He turned to General Hammond.

"Permission to take them to Abydos, Sir?"

"Granted."

"Thank you, Sir."

"Don't drink their moonshine, unless you can handle your alcohol," Jack said smiling from the doorway, and then he walked in.

"Jack, it's good to see you."

"You, too. As I said about their moon shine, it's really smooth; it would make hair grow on your chest," he said as he shook Melburn's hand and gave Claire a hug.

"Funny, Jack."

"Well it's true... Hi, I'm General O'Neill."

"Dr. Cole."

"Nice to meet you." They shook hands.

"Dr. Kleinhouse."

"Nice to meet you, too. So Daniel told you about what we do here."

"Yes, it's amazing."

"Wait until you go through the gate; that's the really amazing part."

"We can't wait," Dr. Cole said.

"Where's Sam?" Claire asked.

"Resting, she wanted to be here, but what happened earlier today tired her out."

"I hope she OK?" Melburn asked.

"She's fine. She does rest in the afternoon some times, the pregnancy and taking care of things here and at home takes a lot out of her."

"Pregnancy, she's pregnant?"

"Yep, seventeen weeks, with twins."

"Well, congratulations!"

"Thanks. I better go and see how the cleanup is coming along." He turned around and walked out of the briefing room.

"Shall we? We will need to get changed before leaving," Daniel said.

"Changed into what?"

"Come on."

Half an hour later Claire, Melburn, Dr. Cole, and Dr. Kleinhouse were in the gate room when Daniel walked in and the gate started turning.

"Daniel, this looks like ancient Egyptian clothing."

"It is. It's from Abydos."

"OK, what's going on?"

"Watch." They looked at the Stargate and watched the wormhole being formed.

"Incredible," Dr. Cole said.

"Yes it is, shall we?" They walked up the ramp and stood in front of the wormhole.

"Remember to exhale until you reach the other side." Then they all walked through the gate, then it shut down.

When they stepped out on the other side, the gate shut down. "Wow, this place looks like Egypt," Claire said.

Then young men showed up pointing guns at them. Daniel stepped forward, "Put the guns down."

"Daniel." One of the young people moved to him smiling.

"Skaara." Daniel walked down the steps to give him a hug, and then the others stepped forward when they realized who had come through the gate.

"Where is Sha're?"

"Danyel."

Sha're appeared among the people who had gathered. She wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a kiss. They all cheered.

When Daniel and Sha're broke apart, "Sha're."

"I missed you my, Danyel."

"I missed you, too, Sha're."

"Son you're back." Daniel turned to see Kasuf walking toward him.

"Good Father, it's good to see you once again."

"Who are these people you have brought?" Daniel turned to the four and waved them closer.

So they stepped forward. "Good Father, this is Dr. Cole and Dr. Kleinhouse. They are archeologists, like me."

Daniel turned to the two doctors, "This is Kasuf, my father-in-law and leader of the Abydonians."

"Hello, it's nice to meet you," Dr. Cole said.

"Welcome." Then he looked at the other two.

"Good Father, this is Claire and Melburn, my mother and father," Kasuf smiled at them.

"My son, you look like them." Daniel grinned.

"Yes I do." He turned to Sha're.

"Don't be scared, they are family." He put his arm around her shoulder.

"Hello." She shook their hands.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Sha're," Claire said grinning.

"Come, we eat," Kasuf said.

"Come on." They followed Daniel to the fire.

They all sat down around it and food was passed around. "Why are you here son?"

"I'm here to introduce my family to yours, Good Father, and with your permission to show them what I've found." He nodded.

"After our meal."

"I understand." They had talked for a few minutes when Skaara showed up with bowls in his hands. He passed one to Daniel and the other to Dr. Kleinhouse.

"Sip it."

"Why?"

"Trust me." Daniel took a sip and passed it to Kasuf, then turned to see Dr. Kleinhouse take a sip. His eyes widened in shock.

"Woo!" He took a deep breath and passed the bowl to Dr. Cole, who took a sip and sprayed it over Dr. Kleinhouse, which caused everyone to laugh, including Daniel.

"Wow, what is this stuff?" he said shaking his head.

"Moonshine" Skaara said. Melburn and Claire tried it and they both coughed as their eyes widened.

"Wow, that's some drink. Jack was right about it being smooth," Melburn said.

"Well, Dad at least you didn't spray it over Mom like Jack did to Sam."

"You're joking!"

"Nope." They talked while they ate for the next hour.

When it was time, Daniel showed them what he had found while living on Abydos. When he show them the room with the gate addresses, they were shocked.

"Daniel, this place is incredible. It's like every archaeologists dream," Claire said.

"I knew you would like it, Mom." They ended up staying the night on Abydos.

The next morning Daniel used the ship to fly them around the planet and show them other things he found. Late that afternoon, they headed back to the gate.

"Daniel, do you think General Hammond would let us stay here for a week or two?" Dr. Kleinhouse asked.

"I'm sure he will approve it. As I said, I haven't had a chance to check out those buildings."

"Daniel, your grandfather would love to be here."

"I'll talk to General Hammond about that, too, Mom." They said their good byes and watched as Sha're gave Daniel a kiss.

"Come back soon my Danyel."

"I will Sha're." He walked over to the DHD and dialed Earth.

When the wormhole was formed, he sent the code through then turned to say his good bye to them all and followed the others through the gate, and then it shut down. When they stepped on the ramp in the SGC, the gate shut down.

"How did it go?" Jack asked.

"It's amazing. I could spend a year there," Dr. Cole said.

"Really... Daniel?"

"They found two more chambers, Jack, which were uncovered by the sandstorm last month. I checked them out, they're like the cartouche."

"Really, well Daniel you know the drill... George is in Washington until tomorrow."

"OK." They walked toward the door.

"Did they bring out the moonshine?" Jack asked.

"Yes they did... Dr. Kleinhouse sprayed it over Dr. Cole." Jack laughed.

"Smooth wasn't it?"

"Yes it was," Dr. Kleinhouse said.

After their post mission exams and showers, Daniel showed them his lab. They were amazed with what he had there. They talked about the things that Daniel had found while off world.