samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Sam was in the hospital for a week. She had visitors every day, besides receiving a large number of cards and flowers.

When Jack picked up Sam and the twins, he was looking forward to having them home. When he saw Sam, he gave her a kiss then helped her carry her bag and the twins out to her SUV. Once in, they drove home while talking about what been happening at the SGC.

When they arrived home, they took the twins up to the nursery. Once they were settled in, they walked out of the room, down, and into their bedroom. Jack watched Sam unpack everything. He had noticed how quiet and distance she became since they left the hospital, so when Sam finished unpacking, Jack stepped forward and held on to her arms while looking at her.

"Sam, talk to me."

"Jack, I have things to do." She tried to pull away.

"Sam, don't shut me out. What is it that you are afraid of?" Sam looked up at him.

"Us... making love. I don't know if I can do what I used to do." Jack raised his eyebrows.

"Sam, do you trust me?"

"Yes with my life. Why?"

Jack let go of Sam arms and moved over to the bed. He pulled down the covers, then walked over to Sam and grabbed her hand and pulled her to the bed. He gently pushed her on to it, then he was on top of her without breaking eye contact for a minute. He bent down and kissed her passionately.

Then he felt her hands move until they were in his hair. When they broke apart, Jack started kissing her face then her neck. As he moved down her body, he started removing her clothes. When Sam realized what he was doing, she helped him remove her clothes, as well as his. They moved until they were lying on the bed with Sam's head on the pillows. He gave her another passionate kiss, then kissed his way down, just as he used to do.

An hour and a half, later Sam was snuggling up to his side with only a sheet over them. Jack looked down at Sam who had her eyes closed. He kissed her forehead, which made Sam open her eyes, and look up at him.

"Well...?"

"Well what?" she asked.

"Have our sex lives changed?"

"No."

"Well, then there you go. Just because you had hysterectomy, it doesn't change how I feel about you Sam. What happened in the past hour and a half wasn't different. You're still a screamer and I do know that you loved every second of it... didn't you?" He raised his eyebrows at her.

"Yes I did."

"Mind over matter, Sam."

"I know and I love you for reassuring me that things haven't changed between us."

"Sam things have changed, it's stronger now than ever before."

"You're right."

"So how are you feeling?"

"Good, happy."

"Good." He quickly moved her until she was on her back and he was on top.

"Jack!" she said laughing.

"Well Sam we have a lot of catching up to do."

Then he gave her a kiss and they made love once again before Sam had to get up since one of the twins was awake for a feeding or needed changing, or both.

Then ten minutes later the other one woke up. When Sam finish feeding them and changing their diapers, she walked back into the bedroom and got back into bed. She gave Jack a kiss as she moved until she was on top of him then she sat up with a grin on her face.

"My turn." She bent over and the passion began again.

Then they made love for another hour before getting up and having a shower together. They got dressed and made the bed before walking down to the kitchen for a very late lunch.

Two hours later, the kids arrived home from school, happy to see their Mom home and eager to see their brothers. Jack's mom stopped by to visit her grandsons before going home herself.

Sam called and talked to Mark and her parents that night. Jack stayed at home for two weeks before he returned to the SGC, with his pockets loaded with photos of the twins. Every one congratulated him and Sam. The next day SG1 started going off world once again.

Two months later, Sam knew what should be happening soon, all she needed to do was wait for the phone call.

When General Hammond called Sam, "Major Carter, can you come to the SGC for important briefing?"

"Yes sir, I'll be there soon as I can." Sam turned to her mother-in-law.

"Sam, was that the phone call you've been expecting?"

"Yes. Can you look after the children?"

"Of course. Sam." Sam gave her mother-in-law a hug before walking out of the living room.

Ten minutes later Noreen watched Sam walk out of the house wearing her dress blues and carrying a duffel bag with her. Noreen remembered when Sam spoke to her few days earlier.

"Mom can we talk, it's important."

"Sure, Sam, what is it?" They sat in the living room.

"Mom in few days' time, I'm going be called back to NORAD. When that happens, I'll be going away for a few days. Can you look after the kids for us?"

"Sure. Sam what is it?"

"I can't tell you Mom. But I...we might not be returning."

"Sam, what are you talking about?"

"This might be... a one-way mission." Noreen's eyes widened.

"What... no Sam! What about the kids?" Sam held on to Noreen's hands.

"One day you will find out everything and you and the kids will understand. So please..."

"Alright, you and Jack better return." Sam smiled.

"We will try Mom."

"Where you are going? Is it classified, this mission?"

"Yes it is."

"OK. Whatever happens be careful, both you and Jack."

"We will Mom, we will." Then they both hugged.

When Sam arrived at the SGC, she walked to her quarters to stow her bag. Then she reported to the briefing room where she saw General Hammond, SG1 Senator Kinsey and other officers from the Pentagon.

"Major Carter, please take a seat."

"Thank you, General."

Sam walked over and sat down next to Jack. He grasped Sam's hand, which was under the table, and gave it a squeeze before letting go and putting his hand on the table.

They talked about the different missions that SG1 had been on and what work Sam had been doing since the program started. After three hours of talking and arguing, Senator Kinsey decided to shut down the program. After Kinsey and the others left, there were only SG1 and Sam remaining in the briefing room.

"Daniel, what can you tell me about what happened in the other realty?"

"Ah, Jack was a General. He was in charge of the SGC and you had been in the Air Force but had to retire on medical grounds. Your jet was shot down at the end of the Gulf War. You were paralyzed from the waist down. You... she joined the SGC program as a civilian since the President and the Joint Chiefs of Staff were planning on assigning her there when she returned from her tour overseas. She meet her Jack before he left for the first Abydos mission. When they all returned... I... their Daniel stayed behind on Abydos. Ah,... when their Jack and team returned, they returned with Ra's sarcophagus. Jack told his Sam about what it could do. So she used the sarcophagus and she was healed and could walk again. She and Jack got engaged and married a year before Apophis showed up. They had twins, one of each."

"Charlie?"

"Jack sees him on weekends. Sara left when she gave him a choice when he was called away for a rescue mission." Sam nodded.

"So Apophis and Klorel showed up together?"

"Yes they just showed up in Earth orbit. I helped them. I went to Cimmeria where I was able to contact the Asgard. They knew about Earth and wanted to know why they should intervene... I told them that descendants of the Ancients live on Earth and I knew one of them. That got Thor interested. He looked at me and then his hologram disappeared. I managed to return to Earth and told them what I had done. By that time, the two ships had moved closer to Earth and they were going to send their death gliders and other ships when Thor's ship arrived. Both mother ships left. Then Thor beamed down to the gate room. We walked down from the control room and I introduced Jack to Thor. Then Thor and Jack disappeared. It did cause a panic but I promised them that everything was OK. Thor and Jack showed up again and Thor told me that Jack is a descendant of the Ancients and that Earth is protected because Jack ancestors are one of the four allied races. Sam sent me back through the gate, I went to the mirror, then back here."

"Damn, we should have had Thor here," Jack said.

"Too late, Jack," Sam said.

"Yeah I know. So what can we do?"

"Do what we did before?"

"You mean...?"

"Yes, but this time it will be somewhat different."

"Meaning?"

"As soon as we know who the Goa'uld is, we can deal with him or her," Sam said.

"OK. Let's do it. This is what we are going to do," Jack said then he started telling the others his plan. When he finished they all went their separate ways to prepare.

At the appointed time, they all met in the gate room to find the Stargate was activating. When the wormhole was formed, they ran up the ramp and through the gate, then it shut down.

When they reached the other side, they knew that they were on a ship. So they went to see whose it was. When they were close to the bridge, they noticed they had jumped into hyperspace. Jack got his scope out to check if their way was clear. Seeing it was, he motioned to the others and they moved until they walked into a room and closed the door. When they looked around, they noticed a bed in the room and a table with various devices on it.

"Jack, who is it?" Sam asked.

"Ba'al. He was talking to Klorel."

"So where are they going to meet?"

"Just outside Earth orbit."

"We will have to kill him," Daniel said.

"I know." Jack put his hand up when they heard footsteps and Ba'al's voice. They hid when the door opened.

"Bring Shayla to my room." They heard the Jaffa leave.

Jack managed to poke his head around the corner from where he is hiding to see Ba'al removing his robe. Jack ducked back and turned to Sam who was nearby. Jack gave Sam a hand signal, to which she nodded.

She silently removed her backpack as they heard Ba'al moving around the room. She opened her bag and got out a gun and its silencer. She put the silencer on when the door opened and they heard footsteps.

"You wanted to see me, My Lord?"

"Yes, come here, take your clothes off."

Sam passed the gun to Jack and they waited. Jack gave Sam hand signals then she turned and gave Lou hand signals. He turned to Daniel and Teal'c and whispered to them.

Then they heard, "Come here and pleasure me."

Jack and the others got ready. When Sam looked at Jack, they both dropped their fingers, in a countdown, then moved from where they were. Jack raised the gun and shot Ba'al in the forehead, while Sam ran forward and covered Shayla's mouth with her hand, as well as concealing part of her naked body from the guys.

"Don't scream," Sam whispered to her.

Shayla tried to scream. "Shhh, we're here to rescue you... for Kanan." Sam said. Then Shayla stopped fighting. Sam moved her hand away and Shayla turned around.

"How do you know Kanan?"

"Trust me. Here get dressed." Jack passed Sam Shayla's clothes. Sam stepped back and watched Shayla get dressed.

Then Shayla turned to Sam.

"Jack, you can turn around" Jack and the others turned around.

"Shayla, can you help us?"

"Why should I?"

"If you help us, we can take you to Kanan." She turned to look at Ba'al's body, then turned to Sam and the others.

"What do you want to know?"

"Do you know what Ba'al's plans are with Klorel?"

"They were going to attack a planet together then Ba'al planned to have Klorel killed once they succeeded."

"Well that's not going to happen," Jack said as he walked over and covered Ba'al.

"How long do you usually stay with Ba'al?"

"Not long. It depends on his mood."

"So if you go, say, now?"

"It wouldn't worry the Jaffa. They would think that he's not in the mood or changed his mind." Sam turned to Jack and the others.

"Teal'c, can you move Ba'al's body so it looks like he is sleeping?"

They watched Teal'c arrange Ba'al's body and pull a sheet and blanket of some sort over him and then Teal'c managed to clean up the blood. When he was done, Sam walked over and made sure his head was turned slightly away from the door.

"Shayla, go back to your room and wait for us. We will come and get you," Jack said.

"Will you?"

"Yes, we will take you through the Stargate with us, but don't tell anyone that we are here, OK?" She nodded.

They all hid again when Shayla walked to the door and opened it. She stepped forward. "Lord Ba'al doesn't want to be disturb until it's time."

"Return to your room slave." Jack watched Shayla walk away.

One of the Jaffa looked into the room. Daniel, who was next to the bed, looked at Jack then he raised his hand, caught Ba'al's arm and moved it up then down on his stomach. When the Jaffa saw it, he assumed all was well and he then closed the door.

Jack and the others moved from where they were hiding when they heard footsteps moving away from the door. Jack walked over to the bed and moved the sheet away, then he opened his Zat and fired it three times, then he closed it.

"All we can do now is wait."

"Then what?" Lou asked.

"We ring over to Klorel's ship, kidnap him, ring back here, and go through the gate."

"We're not going to the Tok'ra?"

"No, we will gate to PYX 385, then to the Tok'ra where they can remove Klorel from the host."

"What about the ships?" Teal'c asked.

"Well we will tell the Jaffa that Ba'al is dead and if they want to see Klorel again, they will leave Earth and not to return. If they want to live free... I don't know. Sam any ideas?"

"I got nothing."

"OK let's find a place to sit. Sam, how long do you think it would take to reach Earth?"

"Six hours." Jack checked his watch.

"OK let's sit and relax for a bit, shall we?" They all tried to get as comfortable as possible, while remaining alert.