samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Four hours later, the bus stopped at a campsite, which was used by the Boy Scouts and Girl Guides. They all got off the bus and looked around. They were happy to see that the tents were already up and had numbers assigned. There were two buildings and a lake not far from the campsite and, of course, there were trees.

"OK, every one, when I call your name, grab your bags and step over here," Adam said as he walked over to a spot near the tents.

Then he called out several boys' names. They got their bags and stepped over to where Adam was. He called out a parent's name; the parent got his bags and walked over to the group.

"OK you are in tent one." They walked over to the tent to get settled. He called the next group and then the next. Sam and ten girls walked over and into their tent.

"OK, girls, let's put our bags on the cots and we can come back this afternoon to unpack."

"Why not now?"

"It's lunch time and I'm hungry."

"Oh. Me, too." They dropped their bags onto the cots, and then they walked outside and look around.

"This must me the mess hall and those look like the showers and toilets," Sam said.

"I hope so," one of the girls said as she walked quickly over to the toilets.

"Anyone else need to go?" They all nodded, so they walked over to the toilets just as the others walked out of their tents.

Several minutes later, they all walked into the big dining room where their lunch was ready.

"OK. We're going to eat lunch and afterwards you're all going to be divided into groups. You will have assignments for daily chores like cooking, dishes, and other things. OK go and get your selves some lunch." The teenagers got a tray each and started helping themselves.

The adults, Charlie, and Grace waited, and then they stepped forward to get their lunch, walked over, and joined the teenagers. After lunch, Adam got them all assigned to their groups so that everyone would know who would be doing the dinner and dishes. Then he gave them all rules. When he finished telling them the rules he said, "Since it's a hot day, if you want to go swimming you can."

They all cheered before getting up and leaving to go to their tents after they put their dishes in containers. When Sam walked back to her tent to get changed into her swimsuit, she talked to the girls there.

"Girls... if you need to talk about anything, any time over the next two weeks, don't hesitate to come to me OK?" They all nodded.

"Let the others girls know, too, please."

"OK," they said. Once they got changed, they walked out of their tent and down to the jetty.

They laid their towels on the jetty before diving into the lake. Then the others joined them.

Over the next two weeks, every one enjoyed themselves. There was even war between the tents when one group managed to find buckets and pour cold water over the occupants in another tent one morning. And in another tent, one group took the others' sleeping bags. During that time, five of the girls went to see Sam.

The first one who went to her was embarrassed, "Mrs. O'Neill?"

"Yes, Karen, are you OK?"

"Ah... you don't happen to have any tampons with you, do you? I did bring mine but they got all wet from what the boys did the other day." Sam smiled.

"Come with me." They walked over to Sam's tent and she opened up her backpack and pulled out two boxes of different size tampons.

"Which ones do you use?"

"These ones," she pointed.

"OK." Sam passed them to her.

"Do you use super ones on heavy days and pads at night?"

"Yes." Sam went through her bag, found a package of pads, got them out, and passed them to Karen.

"Here you go... here put them in this plastic bag so they won't get wet." Sam passed her the bag.

"Thank you, Mrs. O'Neill."

"No worries. Do you get cramps during your periods?"

"Yes." Sam then got some of the Over the Counter tablets she had kept on hand for herself and passed them to Karen.

"Here these will help with the cramps, take one every eight hours."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." Then Karen walked out of the tent and over to hers. When Sam walked out of her tent, Jack joined her.

"Everything alright?"

"Yeah female things."

"Ah. Didn't she bring any?"

"Got wet from when the guys in tent two showed up with buckets of water and everything got soaked."

"Ah. I'm taking some of the guys fishing."

"OK have fun."

"Yeasureyabetcha." He gave Sam a kiss, which caused the guys to groan and make strange noises. Jack turned and walked over to them.

"What are you groaning about?"

"Mr. O'Neill that was gross... kissing!"

"What is wrong with me kissing my wife?"

"Nothing, but in public?"

"So what? Our kids are used to it... don't any of your parents kiss in front of you?"

"No."

"Yes, it's weird."

"No it's not. It's called LOVE, and kissing is one way of showing how much a couple love each other, like I do Sam."

"How long have you been married, Mr. O'Neill?"

"Almost fourteen wonderful years."

"Wow, that's a long time!"

"Nah. It's not. My grandparents were married for 68 years, now that is a long time."

"Sixty-eight, they must have married young?"

"They were both 17-years old."

"How did they last that long?"

"They had love, communication, an understanding of each other, and other things. Come on." They picked up their rods and walked down to the lake while talking.

On the last night, they all sat around a bon fire, which they had all spent the day building and that night Jack and Sam walked out of their tents with packets of marshmallows, chocolate bars, and graham crackers. When the kids saw them, they all cheered.

"Here you go, kids, enjoy," Jack said as he walked one way and Sam another handing out the treats before they sat down next to each other.

"Sam, what do you say we start off with a camp song?"

"Like what?"

"Ninety-nine green bottles."

"Why not?"

They started singing then their kids joined in, and then others started singing while roasting their marshmallows. It was quite late by the time everyone went to bed.

The next morning ever one was up and packing their things before breakfast. After breakfast, they finished cleaning the place just before the bus arrived.

Hours later Jack, Sam and the twins walked in the door of their home talking and laughing. "OK let's get our gear sorted out."

They all went into their rooms where they emptied their bags, had hot showers, and got into clean clothes. Sam put a load of washing through while Jack called the SGC to find out if there had been any problems, which there weren't.

When Noreen arrived home, she had Connor and the twins with her. When she saw Jack and Sam walking towards her, "Connor, look who's home." Connor looked around and ran over to them.

"Mom, Dad, you're back." He gave Jack a hug then Sam.

"Yeah, Sport, have you been good?"

"Yes I've been really good."

"That's good to hear." They walked over to Noreen's car where Noreen gave both Jack and Sam hugs.

"How was camping?"

"A lot of fun." Jack said.

"Well until the end."

"Why what happened?" She got the boys out and passed them to Jack and Sam.

"I had words with Adam Gibbs and Barry Smith at the school when we got back from the trip."

"Who are they?"

"Adam's a math teacher and Barry's a history teacher," Jack said.

"The reason Jack had words with them was because I was the only female adult in the whole group. If I hadn't been there…"

"Ah I see. Aren't there rules or laws about school camping trips?"

"I think there are, I'm going to look into it," Sam said.

"OK, so other than that you had fun?"

"Oh yeah." Jack said grinning.

"Jack gave his group some bad ideas." Sam scowled at him.

"Why? What happened?"

"Several boys went fishing with Jack. When they returned with the fish they had caught, the boys started teasing the girls with theirs, after he started teasing me with the fish he caught." Jack groaned.

"She got hold of the fish and put it down my shorts!" Noreen laughed heartily.

"Well it serves you right, Jack, for teasing Sam like that."

"Don't I know it, anyway how have the boys been?"

"They were all very well behaved."

"We're really happy you didn't have any problems with them, and we very much appreciate your taking care of them."

"No problem, Son, you know that."

"Yeah, I know." He kissed her on the cheek.

"Come on, Connor, let's go home."

"'Bye, Grandma."

"'Bye, Connor." She walked with them to their home talking to Connor and the twin boys.

That night, they went out for dinner and shortly after they returned, they all went to bed early since it had been a long day.

The next morning after the kids were at school and the twin boys were at day care, Jack and Sam drive to the SGC. Jack went to see George while Sam went to her lab for the day. While she was working, her team walked in.

"Sam, welcome back."

"Thanks, Daniel."

"How was the camping trip with that bunch of teenagers?"

"Very interesting and Jack…" She shook her head.

"Why, what happened?" Ferretti asked.

"He was being a big kid himself."

"Oh no, what did he do?" Daniel asked

"Taught the boys bad habits."

"Like what?" They all sat down and waited for Sam to tell her story.

"Well some of the boys went fishing. When they returned, Jack tried teasing me with his fish so..."

"The boys did the same with the girls," Daniel said.

"Yep, but…" Then she grinned.

"What did you do Sam?" Daniel asked.

"I took the fish out of Jack's hand and put it down his shorts. Here look at this."

Sam opened her laptop, brought up the video footage, and played it. They all laughed when they saw Jack trying to get the fish out of his shorts as he moved around, jumping up and down, and yelling Sam's name. They could hear all the kids and adults laughing in the background.

When he finally got the fish out, they all heard him say "Sam that was mean!"

"Well then you shouldn't have teased me with it, giving the boys bad ideas. Revenge can be sweet you know."

"Don't I know it Sam." Then the video ended.

"Sam, that was so funny!" Daniel said as he wiped the tears from his eyes.

"Did anything else happen at the camp?"

"A lot happened. It was all good fun and the girls got their revenge on the guys who were teasing them with the fish."

"What did they do?"

"Put them in their sleeping bags."

"Yuck, they must have smelled bad."

"It was a terrible smell. When the girls in my tent were giggling that night, I asked then what was going on, then we heard screams coming from the other tents. The girls burst out laughing. One of them told me what they had done. They said they had heard what I said to Jack about revenge being sweet, and they agreed with it."

"I bet the guys didn't do that again."

"No they won't if they know what's good for them... so what did you all do?"

"I went to see my family," Teal'c said.

"I took my family to Abydos," Daniel said.

"I went to a high school reunion and spent time with my family," Ferretti said.

"Good for you. So, are you looking forward to going off world tomorrow?"

"Yep, what about you Colonel?"

"I definitely am ready." They talked for another ten minutes before leaving Sam to get back to work.