samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


The next morning, Jack and Sam were up early. They were busy getting things set up for the day's twins' birthday party as well as getting breakfast sorted out at the same time. When the kids were up, Jack and Sam wished the twins a happy birthday.

"So looking forward today kids?" Jack asked.

"Yep, we sure are. Where's the cake, Dad?" Charlie asked. Jack looked at Sam with a grin on his face, then turned to his son.

"Not here, Charlie and Janet will be bringing it with them since Sam and I know what you kids are like when it comes to cake."

"We're not that bad, Dad" Grace said.

"Oh yes you are, we know what you kids are like, so we have gotten wise since you two were three years old, now eat up." They talked while enjoying blue berry pancakes.

When they had finished Noreen walked over to the house and she wished the twins a happy birthday. She helped Jack and Sam get everything set up for the birthday party. An hour later, Jacob and Mel arrived to help as well.

At ten o'clock, the invited kids and parents began to arrive. Grace and Charlie went to greet them, then the kids ran over to where games were set up and they started playing while the adults talked.

Within an hour, over seventy kids and twenty adults had descended on the O'Neill household. The party was in full swing. There was heaps of food and drinks for everyone. At lunchtime, different finger food were placed on a buffet table for everyone to help themselves.

A hour after lunch, Jack walked up the steps to the patio and turned to everyone. "Can I have everyone's attention, please?" Everyone turned to Jack.

"Before we carry on having fun, it's present and birthday cake time. Grace, Charlie come up here... not you Kawalski."

Every one laugh when Charlie Kawalski started walking towards Jack with a grin on his face. Grace and Charlie walked over to Jack when four adults walked out of the house carrying birthday cakes between them.

When they were set on the table, they both were three tier round cakes. Charlie's had light blue icing with darker blue shells around the edging, white stars all over the cake and the number thirteen on top with candles on top of the numbers. Grace's was the same but hers was decorated in pink.

Every one sang 'Happy Birthday', then the twins blew out the candles. Every one clapped and cheered for them. There were lots of photos taken that day, considering parents and grandparents all had cameras. When the cakes were taken back inside to be sliced, it was presents time.

Charlie's and Grace's friends ran over to a table where the gifts had been set and ran back to them. Sam recorded the kids' birthday party. She wanted to be sure they thanked the ones who got them the gifts when they sent Thank You notes. When all the presents had been opened, Jack and Sam stepped forward and passed them their gifts. They watched the kids rip the paper off and saw their eyes widen.

"Cell phones! Cool! Thanks, Mom, Dad" Grace said then she gave them hugs, then Charlie did as well.

"This is so cool, thanks, Mom, Dad," Charlie said as he opened his and checked out his phone while showing it to their friends.

"We will talk later about using it, OK?" Sam said.

"OK Mom," Grace said then she showed her friends.

Twenty minutes later, Charlie and Grace took their gifts up to their bedrooms. They returned in time for their birthday cake which everyone enjoyed eating. Later that afternoon, all the friends and parents left after a great day.

That night, with close family and friends, they had a barbeque dinner and left over cake for dessert. Sam was showing the twins how to use their cell phones and the names and numbers that were already programed.

"Mom, why did you put in these numbers?" Grace asked.

"For emergencies... with the work your father and I do, we are concerned that someone might try to kidnap you."

"Mom, we already know how to defend ourselves."

"I know that sweetheart."

"Colonel Carter, perhaps your children would like to learn other methods of self-defense," Teal'c said.

"Teal'c, are you offering to teach our kids Jaffa self-defense?"

"Indeed." Sam looked at the teens.

"Would you like to learn other training styles?"

"Like hand to hand?" Charlie asked.

"Something like that."

"Will you Teal'c teach me, please?" Charlie asked.

"Can you please teach me as well, Teal'c?"

"It's fine with me," Jack said.

"I would be honored to teach you both," he said as he did a slight bow of his head.

"What about me?" Conner asked.

"I will teach you as well, Connor O'Neill."

"Mom, Dad?" Jack and Sam looked at each other and smiled.

"Yes, you may."

"Cool!" Making every one smile. A few hours later, all the visitors left. They had enjoyed a long day and the kids were in bed sleeping. Jack and Sam went to bed an hour after the kids.

Three days later, SG1 started going off world again. A month later, Jack invited George Hammond to the SGC. When George walked in to his old office, he smiled when he saw Jack reading a report.

"Jack." Jack looked up and smiled.

"George." Jack closed the file and put it on his desk as he stood and walked around his desk to shake George's hand.

"How are you?"

"I'm good. So care to tell me why I'm here?"

"Yeah...1969."

"I was wondering when that was going to happen. When are they due to go?"

"Ten minutes." Jack turned around and picked up pen and pad, then he turned around and passed them to George.

"The note?"

"Yes," Jack said. George wrote down what he remembered then passed it back to Jack.

"Thanks. Would you like to see them leave?"

"I would like that."

"Good, shall we?"

Jack tore the note off the pad and put both pen and pad back on his desk, and then they walked out of his office and down to the control room. The staff there greeted General Hammond before returning back to work. He watched Sam doing some typing while talking to Jack.

When Sam stood up she turned and smiled, "Hi, Uncle George."

"Sam." They hugged affectionately.

"I had better go."

"Here." Jack put the note in Sam's top vest pocket then he gave her a kiss.

"See you when you return."

"Ok."

Then she turned and walked to her gear and put it on before walking down to the gate room where she joined the rest of her team. When it was time and the wormhole was formed, Jack and George watched them walk up the ramp and through the gate, and then it shut down.

"All we can do is wait for their return," Jack said.

"You know what Sam did to me back then?"

"What?"

"She zatted me so I wouldn't get court martialed."

"Smart woman."

"Yes she is. So how have things been?"

"Good, even the food has improved." George grinned.

"Care to join me in coffee and cake?"

"Why not?" They walked out of the control room talking.

The next day, SG1 returned wearing hippie clothes. Jack and George were there to greet them.

"Nice outfit, Sam."

"Funny."

"So how was your trip?"

"Interesting. Teal'c learned how to drive a bus." Jack raised his eyebrows.

"Really how was it Teal'c?"

"Most enjoyable, O'Neill."

"Sorry for zatting you, Uncle George."

"I understand. You know how much you owe me?"

"Yes, Sir, I do. I'll drop by your place tonight with the money."

"Why don't you hippies go and get cleaned up. We will debrief in an hour."

"Very funny, Jack," Daniel said when they walked out of the gate room leaving George and Jack standing there.

"Was it worth it, George?"

"Yes it was. It was different for you?"

"Yeah, I zatted you and I owe you $539.50."

That night Sam went to George's house, as promised. When he opened the door, he smiled. "Sam, come on in."

"I wish I could stay to visit, Uncle George, perhaps next time."

"I understand."

"Here's the money I owe you." She passed him the money.

"Thanks. You know I've been waiting since that day we met and seeing the gate couple of years ago I knew it was meant to be."

"I know."

"Take care of yourself, Sam."

"I will and don't be a stranger at the SGC." George smiled.

"I won't." Sam gave him a hug before walking back to her SUV.

A week later, Sam was in Jack's office talking about Seth. "Jack what do you think about our going to Seattle to get Seth?"

"What about the FBI? What should we tell them?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?... Sam?"

"I was thinking ,if we can get the Tok'ra to come here by ship and pick us up, we can take them to Seth and help them get him. They can remove the symbiote from its host and gather all of Seth's Goa'uld devices."

"What about the kids he has recruited and brainwashed?"

"Zat them, like in our memories."

"And the rings?"

"We will have to blow up the buildings. It's the only way to destroy all evidence, including the tunnels."

"You're right. Send a message to the Tok'ra."

"As soon as Seth is taken care of... we will have to deal with Sokar."

"Yeah." Sam stood and walked out of Jack's office and down to the control room.

An hour later, Sam was in her lab when the alarms sounded. She was working on a naquadah reactor at that time.

Five minutes later, she heard footsteps but she continued working until she heard "Sam?"

She turned and smiled, "Mom, Dad." She walked over to them and gave them each a hug.

"How are you kiddo?"

"I'm fine thanks Dad. The Tok'ra sent you two?"

"Yes, you said, in your message, that you have information about Seth."

"Yes... Seth is on Earth, I know where he is."

"Ok, why don't you go in and get him?"

"He's being watched... FBI."

"Ah, so what can the Tok'ra do to help?"

"Is there any chance of our borrowing a ship?"

"Why?" Mel asked.

"Well if can get the loan of one, fly here to get Jack and SG1, then fly to Seth's compound, we can go in and tranquilize Seth, and put him on the ship where you can remove Seth from his host. Jack and I can take care of the bombs while Lou, Daniel, and Teal'c gather up all of Seth's Goa'uld devices and put them on the ship. By that time Jack and I would have finished planting the bombs and be back on the ship. Once we are clear... boom."

"Question: how are we going to get into his compound?"

"There's an underground tunnel."

"Of course, all Goa'uld use them as escape routes," Jacob said. Sam nodded.

"Ok. We must go back and talk to the council. We will let you know."

"Ok. If you can't get a ship…"

Sam walked around and opened a drawer and pulled out a photo. Then she closed the drawer. She picked up a pen and wrote down an address. She put the pen down and picked up the piece of paper then she passed them to Jacob.

"What's this?"

"A photo and the address is Abydos. You might be greeted by armed young men. Tell them that you're Jacob Carter, father of Sam Carter, then show them this photo. Then everything will be alright. If you have any problems, ask for Skaara and ask him to call here."

"Why this address?"

"They have a Tel'tac and it would take just over twelve hours to fly it here."

"Ok Sam. We will let you know what happens."

"Ok. Dad, Mom, it's good to see you both even if it was only for a short time."

"Perhaps we will stay longer next time," Mel said. Sam smiled.

"Sure. Oh, here." Sam walked over and picked up a bag and passed it to Mel.

"Your mail. I brought it here just in case you stopped by."

"Thanks, Sam. We had better go."

"I know." Sam said her goodbyes to them before they walked out of her lab.

Sam returned to the generator that she had been working on, and was uninterrupted for the next two hours until Jack walked in.

"Hey." Sam looked up and smiled.

"Hey."

"Lunch." He tapped his watch. Sam looked at hers.

"Oh I didn't realize the time."

"Save whatever you have and let's get some lunch."

"Sure." Sam saved what she was doing then they walked out of her lab together.

"Jacob sent a message. They're going to Abydos."

"Ok."

"I've sent Daniel there, just in case."

"Good idea." They talked until they walked into the mess hall to get their lunch. An hour later Sam returned to her lab while Jack returned to his office.