samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Chapter 66

Twenty minutes later SG2 reached them. "General."

"Kawalski, get your team to help take these folks to the surface and to the gate."

"Sure, what's going on with SG1?"

"Mind stamps, false memories."

"Permanent?"

"No, thank goodness. Let's go."

"General?" Jack turn to Brenna.

"Administrator Caulder will have Security guards waiting in several areas, he will kill you all."

"No he won't. I told him what will happen if I don't report back to Earth after a certain time."

"Take me with you, please. I know a quicker way to get to the Stargate."

"Alright, let's get the hell out of here." Then they left following the others.

Jack and Brenna managed to get up front. "Ok which way?"

"This way." They followed Brenna for the next twenty minutes until they reached the Stargate.

"Kawalski dial it up and let them know about the extra people we're bringing through."

"Yes, Sir." He walked over to the DHD and dialed Earth's address. When the wormhole was formed, Kawalski sent the code through and then spoke through his radio.

"General." Jack turned to Sam as she pointed to something. Jack turned to see number of armed men running toward them.

"General, they were waiting."

"Get these people through the gate; we've got incoming." They hurried every one through the gate.

SG2 and Jack used zats on the security men who were running toward them. Once every one else was through, they turned and ran through the gate. Jack was the last to step on the ramp, and he ordered, "Close the iris!"

He looked around to see the staff working on the people there. He walked down the ramp, past some of the people, and stopped at beside Janet.

"Doc." She turned to Jack.

"General, are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. They've all been mine stamped, with false memories. But they are going to be fine"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, give them a couple of days."

"Ok." She turn and started giving orders.

Jack walked out of the gate room and down to the men's locker room where he had a shower and got changed; then he went to have his post mission exam before going to his office to make some calls.

Two days later, SG2 and SG5 took the people who were brought back with SG1 to a planet where the villagers had agreed to accept them. Once they were settled in, SG2 and SG5 returned to Earth.

It took two weeks for SG1 remember everything and to be given the 'all clear'. When Sam was cleared, she went home. Jack gave SG1 a week off since they had been confined to the base for the two weeks.

Daniel went to Abydos, Teal'c went to see his family. Ferretti went to see his family. When they returned to active duty, their first mission was to rescue SG3 who were three hours over due. When SG1 returned, they brought back SG3 with them. They had been held prisoner because one of the men hit one of the villagers by accident.

A week later, Jack played a voice message from a guy named Martin. They were all shocked when Martin mentioned the Goa'uld and stated that he was not from Earth. Jack and SG1 went to Montana to meet Martin.

They discovered that a ship was hidden in the area and that there other men who were from the same planet as Martin. When Jack and SG1 went to the planet with Martin, they saw that the planet had been destroyed by the Goa'uld. They returned to Earth and Martin contacted the others to let them know what happened to their people. Then he left to return to Montana.

Two weeks later, Daniel walked into Jack's office.

"Jack."

"Daniel, what is it?"

"I need to go to Chicago."

"Why?"

"Osiris."

"Oh you mean?"

"I have to stop them, Jack."

"Didn't a friend of yours die?"

"Dr. Jordan, he was a mentor of mine. I can stop it from happening and keep Osiris from getting out." Jack leaned back.

"Ok, you can go. If you have any problems…"

"I know, thanks."

During the flight there, Daniel worried over what he would find and how he would handle react. It had been many years since he had seen Sarah. Would she hate him for having left her? Would Dr. Jordan chastise him for publishing his theories?

A few hours later, Daniel walked into the museum and looked around. Then he walked to a door, which led to the labs. He was stopped by a security guard.

"Sir, you can't go back there."

"Is Dr. Jordan still here?"

"Why?"

"If he is, please, tell him 'Daniel Jackson is here to see him', he knows me." The guard used his radio and listened to his earpiece. Then he turned to Daniel.

"Dr. Jordan will be here shortly."

"Thank you." Daniel looked around for couple of minutes, then the door opened and he turned around and smiled.

"Daniel, my God! What are you doing here? It's good to see you." They hugged warmly.

"You too, Dr. Jordan... can we talk? It's important."

"Of course, come." They walked through the door and down a corridor while talking.

"So how are you, Daniel?"

"I'm good. Dr. Jordan, can I see the Osiris jar?"

"Why? Does it have anything to do with your alien theory?"

"Yes."

"Ok, have you found further evidence to prove your theory?"

"Yes, I have, but, I can't say what it is."

"US Government?"

"Yeah."

"So, they believe you?"

"Yes. Do you know Catherine Langford or Ernest Little?"

"As a matter of fact, I do. They are here, also. They're looking at the artifacts right now with Sarah and Steven."

"Really, I know it's been a while."

"Yes, it has." They stopped at a door marked 'Authorized Personnel Only'. Dr. Jordan opened it and they entered together. Everyone in the room stopped talking and turned to the door.

"Daniel, this is a surprise."

"Hello, Catherine." Daniel stepped forward, gave her a hug, and shook Ernest's hand.

"Daniel, it's good to see you again."

"You, too, Ernest." Daniel turned to the other two people in the room.

"Steven... Sarah."

"Daniel, I'm really surprised to see you," Sarah said.

"Yes, I didn't expect it either."

"Daniel, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, I heard about what you guys had recovered, so I'm here to help." Sarah lifted a jar and looked at it.

"These markings I recognize, but these others I've never seen before."

"May I?" Daniel asked. Sarah set the jar in front of him.

"This is Isis' Jar...Hako kra terak shree."

"What does that mean?" Dr. Jordan asked.

"'Banished to oblivion'," Daniel said.

"Are you sure, what does that mean?"

"Seth banished both Osiris and Isis for some unknown reason."

Ernest and Catherine looked at Daniel in shock for a few seconds. When he mentioned the name Seth, knew that what Daniel was holding in his hand was a Goa'uld stasis jar. Catherine saw the other jar, which held Osiris.

They talked for a couple of hours while Daniel looked at the jars and other artifacts, including the Osiris jar. Daniel was in a corner, looking at one artifact under a lamp, when Catherine approached him.

"Daniel, do you think that there are Goa'uld in those jars?" Daniel looked over to the others and back to Catherine.

"Yes, but it looks like Isis is dead because of the crack in her jar. The Osiris one is still intact."

"Daniel, why are you here, really?"

"To stop Sarah from opening the Osiris jar."

"You know what's going to happen?"

"Yes... I need to open the jar myself and kill Osiris before someone else opens it and he takes a host."

"How are you going to do that, without anyone knowing about it?"

"I'll think of something." He walked to the table to put the artifact down.

When they all left the lab, they walked to the front desk. "Damn, I'll be right back, left my jacket," Daniel said as he walked back to the lab.

"Daniel, you haven't changed" Dr. Jordan said, grinning.

Daniel walked in and closed the door. He walk over and put his jacket on, then he got his Zat out of its hiding place as he opened the jar. When Osiris came out, Daniel quickly zatted it three times, put the lid back on and hid the Zat. He had picked up a pen and started writing when Sarah opened the door.

"Daniel, you haven't changed at all, you can come back tomorrow, it will still be here," Sarah said, smiling.

"I know. When I said I can't stop…" He put the pen down and walked out of the room.

Together they went to dinner and talked for the next few hours before leaving to go their separate ways. Daniel went to the park close to the hotel where he was staying.

He saw Jack sitting on a bench, so Daniel sat next to him. "I got your text."

"Here." Daniel passed over his Zat. Jack hid it in his jacket.

"So, Osiris is dead?"

"Yep. Catherine and Ernest are here." Jack raised his eyebrows in question.

"Really?" They saw a couple walking towards them.

They recognized them as Catherine and Ernest. Jack stood up and gave her a hug.

"Catherine, Ernest," as he shook his hand.

"Jack what are you doing here?"

"I killed Osiris, I deliberately left my jacket in the lab."

"So Osiris and Isis were Goa'uld?"

"Yes."

"Well, I hope they don't find out what you did Daniel."

"I know, but at least Osiris isn't running around on Earth or elsewhere in the galaxy."

"Good point. We'd better head back to our hotel. It was good to see you again, Jack."

"You too, Catherine, Ernest, drop by some time." They smiled.

"We will someday Jack." They walked back the way they had come.

"I better head back myself, Jack."

"Ok, Daniel."

Jack returned to the ship he had flown to Chicago for the meeting, then back to the SGC, while Daniel returned to the hotel. Daniel returned to the SGC a few days later knowing that: Osiris was dead, that Sarah wasn't a host, and that Dr. Jordan was alive.