samandjack.net

Author's Notes: AN: Hi every one, i'm back (Arms open while while smiling) It been along tiring few days for me but it good to be home again. Thanks you for your condolances on passing of my grand mother. She past away last august in australia. She home and at rest now with my grand father.


Chapter 69

An hour later, SG1, Jennifer and the four doctors were sitting around the briefing table; When Jack walked in the doctors started talking at once. When Jack sat down, he leaned back and looked at Sam who gave him a small smile. He turned to the doctors.

"Stop!" He yelled in his 'general's voice', which made them and Jennifer jump.

"Now, please, one at a time." He gestured to one of the doctors, indicating that he should be the first doctor to talk. Jack listened, for the next hour, to what each scientist had to say, and then he listened to Lou and Daniel. He turned to Sam.

"What do you think, Colonel?"

"We wait for a month, then send a MALP through to see if it's all clear. If the lights return, then we can wait for another month then try again. As the doctors said, they appeared only a week ago." Jack sat, back twisting a pen in his hands, and then he leaned forward.

"We will wait for a month, as the Colonel suggested, and send a MALP through. In the meantime, do your reports with what you can remember." He stood just as the doctors started protesting.

"Stop it, all of you. What I said is my final decision. You can protest all you damn well like. This is NOT a democracy. I'm not going to change my mind."

Jack turned and walked to his office door, but stopped when he heard, "You're favoring Colonel Carter's decisions because she's your wife."

Sam closed her eyes. "Oh, crap," she said quietly. Then she opened them to the shocked look on Jennifer's face.

"You shouldn't have said that," Daniel said.

"O'Neill trusts the Colonel's judgment. You should be thanking Colonel Carter for saving your life. I, too, agree with Colonel Carter about sending a MALP through later," Teal'c said.

"You idiots should have more respect for Colonel Carter. If it weren't for her judgment call to send us back here, who knows what might happened to us," Lou said.

Jack turned and looked at them with a cold, hard as stone face. "The decisions I make are mine and mine alone. Got that? It doesn't matter if Colonel Carter is my wife or not. I value her input, not only on this matter, but on others as well. If she tells you to leave...YOU LEAVE, GOT THAT?" he said yelling at them.

"What about our…?"

"YOU LEAVE. FORGET ABOUT YOUR DAMN PAPERS. AS COLONEL CARTER SAID, NEXT TIME SHE WILL SHOOT YOU!" Jack said still yelling at them. He walked into his office and slammed the door so hard the window shuddered.

Sam turned to the scientists who were across from her, "Don't be surprised if he transfers all of you somewhere else." Sam stood and walked out of the room, shaking her head in amazement at their stupidity.

Jennifer stood up, "I'm only a Cadet, and I have more respect for Colonel Carter than you four altogether. I heard what happened today. You're lucky Colonel Carter didn't shoot you back on that planet."

"Cadet, why are you here?" Lou asked.

"Colonel Carter told me that I would have a glimpse of what my future might be."

"And that is...?"

"Following in Colonel Carter's footsteps, Sir."

"Astrophysicist?"

"And Air Force officer, Sir."

"Really? So why are you here today?"

"I'm close to being kicked out of the Air Force Academy because of a number of things. Sir, if you will excuse me?" She saluted Lou before turning around and walking out of the briefing room.

"I wonder if she's related to Colonel Carter," Lou said as he stood and picked up his papers then walked out of the room with Daniel and Teal'c behind him.

The scientists stood and walked out of the room quietly.

Later that night while in bed, Sam snuggled up to Jack's side.

"Hey are you ok?" Sam asked.

"Yes, those idiot doctors!"

"I know... I found out something that might cheer you up." He turned his head to her.

"What?"

"Dr. Hamilton said something to Jennifer Halley... he ended up in the Infirmary with a broken nose. Janet told me... he's going make a complaint about Jennifer assaulting him."

"Sam, that's not good news!"

"I spoke to Jennifer. She said that Dr. Hamilton made the comment that I had slept my way up the ranks. Jennifer told him, 'If she slept her way up the ranks, then she must have slept with the President so she could get the Medal of Honor. I don't think she did, so...' Then he said 'I suppose you're going to sleep your way up the ranks, too'. That's when she broke his nose."

"Ouch. I hope she didn't injure her hand."

"Yeah. I got Jennifer's report on what happened. I'll drop it off in your office tomorrow."

"Ok... You know I wasn't looking forward to this afternoon's briefing."

"I know. So what are you going to do with those scientists?" Jack grinned with a wicked gleam in his eyes.

"Send them to Area 51. Let Maybourne handle them." Sam laughed.

"You're mean sometimes."

"But you love me still."

"Yes I do." She leaned over and gave Jack a kiss.

"You know, Sam, when you gave that idiot scientist that cold hard look in the gate room that really turned me on." Sam raised her eyebrows and tilted her head.

"Oh, did it?"

"Oh yeah! Just thinking about it now turns me on."

"Well then, we should do something about that problem." She leaned over and gave him a passionate kiss. They made love for the next hour before falling asleep in each other's arms.

The next day Jack saw Dr. Hamilton waiting for him in the briefing room, when he walked into his office. The doctor walked into Jack's office and handed him his complaint. Jack looked up, after he sat down, and raised an eyebrow.

"It's not Christmas," Jack said when he saw the doctor's swollen red nose.

"I want that cadet charged with assault."

"What cadet and on what grounds?" Jack sat back in his chair.

"She broke my nose."

"What did you do to her to cause her to do that to you?"

"Nothing!"

"OK. What did your big mouth say to cause her to break your nose?"

He opened his mouth then closed it.

"Let me guess... One: you continued to make disrespectful comments about Colonel Carter, and two: you then proceeded to insult Cadet Hailey." Jack raised his eyebrows in a questioning manner.

"What she told you is lies."

"Then you tell me what happened."

"I... I suggested to Cadet Halley that she was here to try to score points in..."

"You mean sleeping her way up the ranks." Jack saw the shocked look on the doctor's face.

"I thought so. Anyway, I haven't spoken to Cadet Hailey. Perhaps I should go and pay her a visit to get her side of the story..."

"No, forget about the charges."

"OK. Now, since I didn't ask you to come in, get out." The doctor turned and walked to the open door.

"Oh, another thing, Doctor." He stopped and turned. Jack looked at him.

"Sam never slept with anyone to gain anything. She worked damn hard to get to where she is today, don't you forget that and don't you ever talk like that about any officer on this base, again. Do I make myself clear, Doctor?"

When the doctor didn't say anything, "DO I MAKE MY SELF CLEAR, DOCTOR?" Jack said yelling.

"Yes, crystal," he said in cold hard tone.

"NOW GET OUT!" The doctor walked out of Jack's office.

Jack shook his head, then there was a knock on the door and Walter poked his head just past the doorframe.

"Yes, Walter?" He walked in carrying a mug of coffee and a dessert plate. He smoothly set them on Jack's desk.

"Here's your coffee, General, and a fresh slice of chocolate sponge cake... Colonel Carter asked me to be sure that you got this." Jack smiled.

"Thanks, Walter, and I see you have more paper work for me."

"Yes, Sir. Colonel Carter asked me to give this to you." He passed a file to Jack.

"Thanks, Walter. Is that all?"

"The President wants you to call him, Sir. His office has been waiting for the past ten minutes. I explained that you were in a meeting that shouldn't be interrupted."

"Good man, thanks."

"Yes, Sir."

He walked out the door yelling out, "Line two, Sir," Jack smile as he picked up the phone and pressed the button for line two.

"Good morning, Mr. President. What can I do for you?" Jack said as he picked up his mug of coffee.

When it was almost lunchtime, Jack left his office and went down to Sam's lab to get her for lunch. When they were in the mess hall enjoying their lunch, they talked about how their morning had gone.

"Dr. what's-His-Name came to my office first thing this morning."

"Hamilton, I heard."

"Yeah. How did he get into the Stargate program?"

"Uncle George."

"Right. Well any way, he tried lying to me so I set him straight... thanks for sending the paper work." Sam smiled.

"I asked Walter to get it for you, just in case."

"Thanks. Tomorrow he can be Maybourne's problem."

"I got an e-mail from Grace and Charlie."

"How are they doing?"

"Great. They both got 'A's on their first essays in physics and in astronomy."

"They are smart kids."

"Yes, they are."

"What did you get in physics?"

"Me?' A' plus."

"Beautiful and smart."

"Of course." Sam giggled. They talked about plans for their time with Connor, Liam, and Leroy for another twenty minutes before they separated to return to work.

The next morning, Sam walked into Jack office with a file. She laid it on his desk since he was on the phone. She saw him grinning and wondered who was on the other end of the call.

"I'm sure you can find some use for him, Colonel... Have fun with the good doctor... I have to go, good luck." He hung up and looked up at Sam who raised her left eyebrow.

"Maybourne."

"Ah. Here is that report you wanted."

"Thanks. Hamilton's already complaining." Sam giggled.

"Well, as you said, he's Maybourne's problem now."

"True. I better get back to my lab."

"Have fun with your doohickeys."

"And you with your paper work." Jack groaned as Sam smiled as she walked out of his office.

Not quite a month later, Jack sent SG1 to P3X729. Daniel, Sam, and Jack talked about going there before Cronus showed up in his ship. Two days after Jack spoke to Daniel and Sam, SG1 gated to the planet where they met the villagers.

SG1 had there for three hours when Cronus arrived. Sam helped Teal'c get away when they ran out of the village with Jaffa chasing them.

"Teal'c when the time comes, I'm going to push you. Once I do, you get down and hide. When the rest of us are captured, you follow us back. This will be your chance to get revenge for your father death. Got it?" Sam said as they ran.

"Indeed, Colonel Carter."

When the time was right, Sam quickly pushed Teal'c to the ground. He managed to crawl behind some bushes just before the Jaffa ran past him. Then he got up, ran back towards the village, and waited in a concealed spot.

Twenty minutes later, he watched as the Jaffa took SG1 back to the village. Teal'c followed carefully until he saw the Jaffa take his friends into a tent, which had been erected while they were on the run.

He then saw Cronus and two Jaffa walking toward the tent. He raised his staff weapon and fired it, hitting Cronus in the back of his neck. The Jaffa quickly looked around as Cronus collapsed to the ground.

Most of the Jaffa raced into the woods to search for the attacker, leaving two Jaffa with Cronus' body. Teal'c then got out his Zat and opened it, he ran towards the two Jaffa firing the Zat, hitting each of them once. When they were on the ground, he ran up to Cronus, pulled out his Zat, and fired it twice.

When the other Jaffa showed up and started firing at Teal'c and missing, he fired a third shot at the body, which caused the Jaffa to stop in their tracks seeing Cronus' body disappear.

"Cronus is not a god, he is no more."

"Shol'va," one of them said.

"Call me what you will, but note this: the end of the war is near. Many false gods have died at the hands of the Tauri. The Tauri are more powerful than you think. Join me brothers in a fight for freedom for all Jaffa and their families." The Jaffa walked out of the tent with the rest of SG1.

"Teal'c," Sam said. He turned to Sam and gave her a slight bow.

"I have gotten my revenge for my father's death. Cronus is no more." The Jaffa looked at each other, not knowing what to do next.

"Go home, my brothers. Spread the word that I, Teal'c of Chulak, have killed the false god, Cronus." Teal'c walked over to the rest of his team.

"You did well, Teal'c. Let's go home," Sam said. They walked away from the Jaffa.

When they arrived at the Stargate, they turned to see the mother ship leaving the planet. Sam dialed the gate and Teal'c sent the GDO code. They calmly walked up the ramp and through the gate, and then it shut down. When they walk down the ramp, Jack was there.

"Don't tell me, more paper work," when he noticed their weapons were gone.

"I'll help you, Jack."

"I hope so." He looked at Teal'c.

"Teal'c, are you ok?"

"Indeed, I am, O'Neill."

"He killed Cronus," Lou said.

"That Jaffa revenge thing?"

"Indeed."

"Good work people. Go get cleaned up."