samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Chapter 72

When they arrived at Area 51, they landed in the building where the Tel'tac and the particle beam accelerator were. Jack uncloaked the ship after he landed. They were greeted by both SGC and Area 51 personnel, who clapped and cheered.

"Sam, Jacob told us everything went as planned. Congratulations!"

"Thanks, Daniel." He pulled her into a tight hug.

"Colonel, what are you going to do with it now?" Ferretti asked.

"Pull it apart into big pieces so they can fit though the gate and resemble it."

"Are the Tok'ra going to help?"

"Yes and the Asgard. Now if you will all excuse me, I still have lots of work to do." All the SGC personnel laughed knowing that was a typical Colonel Sam Carter reaction to praise.

"Sam, I'll take these guys back to the SGC before I head home."

"OK, Dad, and thanks for your help."

"No worries." He hugged her before returning to his ship.

"OK, SGC personnel, let's go." Sam and Jack watched them go aboard.

Teal'c walked over to Sam. "Colonel Carter, with your permission I would like to remain here with you."

"Why, Teal'c?"

"I would like to stand guard over the particle beam accelerator until the parts are in their boxes and moved to the SGC."

"Why, Teal'c? Are you thinking that the NID might try again to steal it?"

"Indeed." Jack turned to Sam.

"It's fine with me, Jack."

"OK, Teal'c, I would be happy for you to stay." They watched the Tel'tac leave the building.

Jack then turned to Sam and gave her a hug and kiss. "See you when you get home."

"Thanks. Jack, what about transport?"

"I'll take care of it."

"Thank you." He gave her another hug before he got on the ship and left a few seconds later.

Sam turned to Teal'c. "Well I might as well get started." She stepped to her tools and started pulling the particle beam accelerator apart.

Sam worked all night, separating the components of the particle beam accelerator, packing everything into crates, and documenting what part went into which create. She did have help from the lieutenant a couple of Airmen who had helped her earlier, but everything still took time, and the military personnel went off duty at 1900.

When Teal'c went to get Sam some coffee from the mess hall, he saw a plate of donuts and bowls of blue Jell-O. He got a tray and put a bowl of blue Jell-O and cup of coffee for Sam and bottle of orange juice and the whole plate of donuts for himself onto it.

When he returned to the building, Sam had just finished nailing one of the crates closed.

"Colonel Carter." Sam looked up and smiled then raised an eyebrow.

"A midnight snack, Teal'c?"

"Indeed." Sam giggled as she put the hammer down and walked over to Teal'c.

"Thank you."

"You are most welcome, Colonel Carter."

Sam took a couple mouths full of coffee, then put it down and picked up her Jell-O and started eating it. They talked while Sam had her drink and Jell-O.

"Thanks for this Teal'c." He made a slight bow, and then he took a bite of a donut.

Sam returned to what she was doing.

Half an hour later, Sam went to the bathroom to relieve herself. On the way back, she heard Maybourne's voice; she was curious about what had upset him this time, so she went looking for him. She heard him in the mess hall so she opened the door a bit to look in.

"Who took all the donuts, Major?"

"I don't know, Colonel, I arrived only a couple of minutes before you did, Sir."

"Well find out who he or she is and send them to my office."

"No need," Sam said as she entered the mess hall.

"Colonel Carter, you took the donuts?"

"No, but I know who did."

"Who is it? I want to know, now."

"Why?" Sam raised her eyebrow.

"There were enough donuts for the night shift to have one donut per person. Now, I want to know who it is, so I can deal with them."

"Well if you want to have a go at the person who took all the donuts, then follow me, Colonel." Sam walked out of the mess hall. She struggled to keep a straight face.

When she stepped back into the building, she saw Teal'c sitting on the floor performing his kel'no'reem. She walked over and stopped in front of him. She could hear Maybourne not far behind her.

"Colonel Carter, what are you doing here, where is he?" Sam turned to Maybourne to see him looking at her. She smiled then she turned to Teal'c.

"Teal'c." He opened his eyes and looked up.

"Colonel Carter?"

"I'm sorry for interrupting your kel'no'reem, but Colonel Maybourne has some questions for you about donuts." She turned to Maybourne who was starting to look pale.

"Colonel, you wanted to know who the culprit is." Teal'c stood.

"He's standing right in front of you." Sam patted Maybourne on his shoulder and then she took two steps away and stopped.

"Oh another thing, Colonel, Teal'c hates it when someone interrupts his kel'no'reem." Sam gave Teal'c a wink. Teal'c knew that Sam was joking.

She was turning away with a grin on her face when she heard, "Colonel Maybourne, you have questions for me about donuts?"

"Ah...ah it doesn't matter." Sam knew that Teal'c would be raising an eyebrow.

Sam carried on while listing to Maybourne trying to get out of the situation he had created. Shortly, Sam heard words, which made her turn around.

"Teal'c... no don't you... Colonel Carter, help!" Sam smiled as she watched Teal'c steeping forward and Maybourne stepping back.

"No, come on, Teal'c, I didn't know it was you... no hard feelings."

"Was it or was it not you who wanted to study me, using me as a lab rat."

"Ah... no" he said with a squeal when he said 'no' which made Sam giggle.

"I wish Jack was here to see this," Sam said to herself.

When Maybourne was against the wall, he turned to Sam. "Colonel Carter, if you don't call him off, I'll report you."

"He's not a dog Maybourne. Any way, he's not happy with you. After all, you know, revenge can be sweet."

Then she turned back to her work for another half an hour while Teal'c was having fun with Maybourne. Sam looked around when she heard Maybourne running out of the building.

She walked over to Teal'c as he returned to his mat. "Had enough of Maybourne?"

"No, but I must finish my kel'no'reem."

"Go ahead, Teal'c. I think it's the last time we will see of him for a while."

"Indeed."

After everything was packed up, Sam left the building to get her bag and some coffee. When she walked into the mess hall, she saw a couple of the Air Force personnel yawning as their night shift was almost over.

She was getting herself a cup of coffee when she noticed the breakfast food was out so she went and got a tray and filled it up with assorts of food before walking out with it. When she returned to the building, Teal'c was folding up his mat.

"Morning, Teal'c."

"Colonel Carter." Then he raised his eyebrow when he saw the tray full of food. Sam put it on the table carefully then put her bag on the ground.

"Breakfast."

"Thank you." Sam stretched her arms over her head, and then she picked up a piece of bacon and started munching on it. "The plane will be here in an hour."

"Will we be on the plane, as well, Colonel Carter?"

"Yes we will, Teal'c."

"What will happen to me if Colonel Maybourne reports what happened last night?"

"It's not going to happen, Teal'c, so don't worry about it. But just in case he decides to say or do something, we will let Jack know. He will take care of it."

They chatted while enjoying their breakfast.

By the time they finished, the big doors opened and men started walking into the building. When she saw that they were from the SGC, she smiled at them.

"Colonel Carter, we are the security detail to make sure that your...large doohickey makes it to the SGC safely."

"Large doohickey... let me guess, General O'Neill told you to say that." He smiled and nodded.

"Yes, Ma'am, he did." Sam shook her head.

"OK. Those crates there contain my 'large doohickey' and please don't drop them."

"Yes, Ma'am. Come on boys, let's get these crates loaded." The crates were moved under Sam's watchful eye, and transferred to the Hercules plane.

"Colonel Carter." Sam turned to see Maybourne walking toward her.

"Yes, Colonel?"

"Are you leaving now?"

"Yes, why? Is that a problem?"

"Ah no. I wasn't told when you are leaving."

"Now you do. If you will excuse me. I have work to do. Enjoy the hot weather, Maybourne."

Sam walked to her laptop. She closed it up and looked up to see Maybourne walking out side.

"Colonel Maybourne, all the breakfast donuts, and fruit are gone. You'll need to authorize ordering more or you're going to have some cranky personnel on your hands this morning." He turned to see Sam grinning, and then he quickly walked away.

Sam turned to Teal'c who did a slight bow, which she returned.

While they were in the air heading to the SGC, "Colonel what was that you said to Colonel Maybourne about fruit and donuts?" one of the captains asked

"Oh, Teal'c was hungry so he went to the mess hall to get a snack and cup of coffee for me. He returned with coffee, a cup of blue Jell-O, a container of orange juice and plate of donuts. I overheard Colonel Maybourne in the mess hall complaining about the missing donuts so I took him to the culprit... Teal'c was performing kel'no'reem."

"Oh no, I bet Teal'c didn't like being interrupted."

"Yes. I told Teal'c that Colonel Maybourne had questions for him about donuts. When Maybourne heard that, he went white. I left Teal'c to answer the colonel's questions," Sam said smiling.

"What happened to Colonel Maybourne?"

"I don't think he will be bothering Teal'c again, while he performs kel'no'reem, or about donuts ever again." They all laughed.

When they landed at Peterson Air Force Base, there were helicopters waiting on the tarmac not far from the Hercules. Sam watched the personnel roll the boxes that was on carts off the Hercules and over and onto cargo nets.

While that was happening, the helicopters started their engines and took off but they stayed close until the cargo had all been loaded. When they were all ready, the first helicopter flew down and stopped meters above a cargo net. There was a long cable dangling under the helicopter.

Once the net was gathered and hooked and the pilot got the signal, he lifted the cargo net and flew to Cheyenne Mountain. Then the next one flew down and did the same again. When it was all done, everyone, including Teal'c and Sam, got in the back of one of the four trucks and headed to the SGC.

When they got there, they all went their separate ways. Sam went to the women's locker room where she could have a shower and change into fresh clothes. Then she went to get cup of coffee before going to see Jack.

When she found him, he was in the briefing room looking down at the gate. Sam walked over to stand beside him. He turned and smiled at her.

"Welcome back, Sam. You look tired."

"I am. I see that things are being set up for when the crates get here."

"Yep. As soon as all the crates are here, they will be sent through the gate. You can go through tomorrow."

"Jack, I..."

"Are going home, Sam. You need to catch up on your sleep. I know what you are like when you get involved in a project."

"I know. You're right." She took a sip of her coffee.

"I'll get an Airman to take you home, and I'll ask Mom to look after our boys until I get home tonight."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, now go home and get some sleep." He kissed her then gave her a nudge toward the door.

"See you tonight."

"Thanks, Jack."

"Any time, now go." Sam gave him a kiss before walking out of the briefing room.

Half an hour later, Sam crawled into bed and let out her breath as she closed her eyes and fell in to peaceful sleep.

Later that evening, Jack woke Sam up with a kiss. When she opened her eyes, she smiled when she saw him.

"Hey," she said.

"Sleep well?"

"Yeah. What time is it?"

"After six. I brought KFC for dinner."

"Sounds good."

"Meet you down stairs. The boys will be here any second."

"OK." Sam sat up, wrapped her arms around Jack, and gave him another kiss.

Sam got up and went to the bathroom to relieve herself and wash her hands. Then she brushed out her hair before getting dressed and walking out of their bedroom.

When she reached the dining room, the boys were filling their plates. "Save some for me!" They turned to the voice and grinned.

"Mom, you're home!"

"Yep." She them each a hug and kissed the tops of their heads.

"How long can you stay, Mom?"

"Until tomorrow, but I'll be home within few days, and then things should be back to our kind of normal," she said smiling as she sat down. The boys all told her what they had been doing at school, while the family enjoyed their dinner.

Afterward, Sam spent more time with the boys while Jack took care of the dishes. Later that night, after the boys were in bed, Jack and Sam waited for an hour before they went to bed themselves. They made love for the next two hours. They both went to sleep snuggling in each other's arms and with smiles on their faces.