samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Chapter 74

The next morning she arrived at the SGC looking and feeling a lot better. She knew that her father would be reaching the planet in about ten hours. She went to her lab to see her in box was full, so she decided to make a start on the paper work until Jack came to get her at lunchtime.

She continued with the paperwork and other tasks for several hours until she went to the control room and awaited word on her father and his mission.

When Jacob came out of hyperspace, he was behind the moon. He slowed the ship, picked up the box, and pushed the button. He saw on the screen that the cable had separated.

He moved the Tel'tac around to the back of the asteroid and cloaked his ship before pushing the asteroid around the moon and toward the planet. His scans picked up dozens of mother ships in orbit. He checked to see where the Stargate was located and the best place for the asteroid to hit the planet. When he found a good spot, he made sure that the asteroid was headed in that direction.

When he confirmed the heading, he stopped and waited. He noticed that two of the mother ships were heading towards it.

He watched the scans to see how close the asteroid was to the planet. When he saw the ships firing upon the asteroid, he moved his ship to the back side moon. Just as he made it behind the moon, his scans picked up a large explosion and a shock wave that was heading his way. He turned the ship and headed away. The wave was advancing on him, so he jumped into hyperspace for a second.

When he came out of it, his scanners could still pick up the shock wave. He waited for an hour before he flew back to the planet. When he arrived there, he saw a ship of a kind he had never seen before and suspected it might be Asgard. Therefore, he decided to hail it. When a face appeared, it was an Asgard.

"I'm Jacob Carter."

"Yes, I know who you are. I am Thor, Supreme Commander of the Asgard Fleet." Jacob smiled.

"Did you get the DHD and Stargate?"

"Indeed I did. The shock wave from the asteroid has destroyed all the mother ships as well as Anubis' base."

"That is good news... what about Anubis?"

"He was on the planet when the shock wave hit."

"So he's dead then."

"Yes he is."

"That is good news, Thor."

"Indeed it is. I shall go to Earth to report that Colonel Carter's idea worked." Jacob smiled.

"Please, tell Jack and Sam that I'll contact them when I return to the Tok'ra base."

"I will relay your message."

"Thank you."

Jacob watched the Asgard ship turn and jump into hyperspace. Jacob turned the ship and jumped into hyperspace as well, not knowing that Oma was able to ascend Anubis then descend him in human form back to the planet. When he reappeared on the planet, he was naked.

When he awoke, he stood, looked around, and realized what had happened. He let out a scream, and then he walked into the damaged building to find something to wear. When he did, he looked around at the bodies that were everywhere. He could not believe that his plans had been destroyed. He turned when Oma appeared from a bright light.

"What have you done?"

"I was able to ascend and descend you back to human form as you once were."

"You, you did this, my plans, my work!"

"It was not me, nor any other Ancient. You know the rules. Because of what you tried to do, this is your punishment."

"Which is what?"

"To live here for the rest of your life."

"No, I will conquer this galaxy." He watched Oma turn into ball of light and disappear through the ceiling.

"They are going to pay!"

He turned and walked towards a door. He managed to open it and walked in and over to the rings which were in the floor. He reached over and pushed some buttons, and then he was ringed down into a ship. He started up the engines, flew out of a cave, and headed to outer space.

He noticed his long-range scans were damaged, so when he was in the clouds heading towards orbit and the scan alarm sounded, he went to see what caused the alert. As he looked out the forward view screen, he came out of the cloud to see a big piece of a mother ship heading towards him. He realized there was no time to avoid a collision. The mother ship debris hit Anubis escape ship and both exploded on impact.

When Thor's ship was in Earth orbit, he beamed up Jack. "Thor, buddy, good to see you. Did Sam's plan work?"

"Greetings, O'Neill. Yes, Colonel Carter's dumb idea did indeed work."

"That is great news, Thor. I'll let her know."

"Jacob Carter asked me to pass on the message that he will contact you as soon as he returns to the Tok'ra base."

"Thanks. How much damage was there?"

"There was much damage done to all the ships and to Anubis' base."

"So it has been destroyed?"

"Indeed."

"Thanks, for letting us know, Thor."

"You are most welcome. I must report to the High Council."

"I understand." Thor beamed Jack back in his office. He smiled as he picked up the red phone and pressed the number 2.

"Afternoon, Mr. President. I have some wonderful news for you," he said as he sat down in his chair.

An hour later Jack walked into the control room where Sam was still waiting for word from Jacob. "Hey." Sam looked up.

"Hey, why are you grinning?"

"Oh, Thor dropped by."

"And you're grinning because of that?"

"Ah... no, but the news is good."

"What?"

"Your dumb idea worked." Sam flashed one of those grins that Jack loved to see.

"You're joking, it worked?"

"Yep, Anubis is gone and so are his super soldiers."

"That is good news!"

"I spoke to the President. He sends on his 'congratulations on a job well done'."

"Thanks... what about Dad?"

"Him too. Oh, Thor mentioned that Jacob said he's going to call us when he returns to the Tok'ra base."

"Ok... Jack. Daniel and I were talking about another Goa'uld."

"Who?"

"Molock."

"Which one is he?"

"He's the one who has all female babies killed." Jack thought for a minute.

"The women's camp?"

"Yes."

"You want to kill him before he kills...?"

"Yes."

"Alright, you know which planet is his, so send a MALP."

"Sure. Give me an hour."

"Ok." Then he returned to his office.

An hour later, Sam was back in the control room when the MALP went through the gate. As it reached the other side, they looked on the monitor to see what images were being received. They saw that there were no Jaffa guarding the gate and the heat sensors were clear, meaning there were no Jaffa in the immediate area.

In addition, they noticed that the sun was near setting. She sent a UAV through and did a sweep of the area before landing it next to the MALP. Sam watched for few minutes before closing down the gate.

Then she hurried up to Jack's office to give him the news. "Get SG1 geared up. You leave in half an hour."

She found Teal'c and Lou in the gym sparring. "Lou, Teal'c, gear up we leave in fifteen minutes."

"Where are we going, Colonel?"

"On a Goa'uld hunt."

"Sounds good to me." They walked out of the gym. Sam next sought out Daniel who was in his office.

"Daniel."

"Oh, hi, Sam. What's up?"

"Gear up. We're going after Molock."

"When?"

"Ten minutes. See you in the gate room." She walked out before he could ask more questions.

Ten minutes later, Sam walked into the gate room as the gate started spinning.

"Colonel, where are we going?"

"To Molock's home world."

"Goa'uld?"

"Yep." When the wormhole was formed, Sam turned to Jack.

"SG1, you have a go. Happy hunting." Sam smiled then turned to walk up the ramp with the others behind her.

When they reached the other side, the gate shut down. "This way," Sam said as she walked down the steps and toward the trees.

"Colonel, how do you know this is the way?"

"From UAV reconnaissance."

They walked to the temple while keeping alert for any Jaffa. When they got there, Sam turned to her team.

"Daniel, you and Lou head south, Teal'c and I will head north. Keep in radio contact every half hour."

"Ok Sam."

When Sam and Teal'c headed north, they worked their way into one of the temples where they saw a number of women there holding babies. She recognized two of them, so she watched and saw Molock walk into the temple. He checked each child, picked up five of them, and then passed them to his Jaffa. He said something in Goa'uld.

Sam turned to Teal'c. "Teal'c?"

"Burn the female children."

"Teal'c, can you stop them?"

"Not without help. " Sam activated her radio.

"Daniel?"

"Sam?" she heard in her earpiece.

"We found Molock. We need you guys now. Get to the third temple quickly as you can."

"We are on our way." Sam turned to look to see Molock walk out of the room, with two of his Jaffa, while the other Jaffa walked out through another door with the babies.

"I'm going after Molock." She worked her way out of the temple and around it.

Then she quickly and quietly worked her way in the direction she had seen Molock headed. When she reached the temple-like house, she worked her way inside. She located the two Jaffa standing guard outside the room Molock had entered.

"Daniel?"

"Sam, we have the babies. Now what?"

"I saw two of the women in the temple. You know who I mean."

"Yes, I saw them leave heading toward the Stargate carrying bags."

"That would be the other female babies. You three go to them and give them the babies and talk to them."

"What about you?"

"You know how I love blowing things up. Carter out." She looked at the Jaffa and then at her watch.

She waited for ten minutes then she pushed a button; immediately, there was an explosion. The Jaffa looked at each other then the door opened. Sam heard Molock gave an order. At the same time, Sam pushed another button and there was another explosion.

Molock walked out of his room with his two Jaffa. They were walking toward Sam. When they walked past her, she stepped out.

"Molock!" They stopped and turned to Sam. The two Jaffa raised their staff weapons but Sam was quick. With one hand, she used her Zat to zat both Jaffa at once, while with her other hand she shot Molock between his eyes.

All three fell to the floor. She stepped forward and kicked the staff weapons out of reach, then stood back against the wall. When the two Jaffa came to, they saw blood and the hole in Molock's forehead. They turned to see Sam standing there pointing her gun and Zat at them.

"Molock isn't a god, what he has been doing, is cruel... no more, now you are free from him. Now all females shall live, no more killing females...especially babies."

"Molock is a god, he will rise."

"He is dead and you are alive to witness this." Sam then zatted Molock three times.

"He is not a god."

"Who are you?"

"Colonel Carter, of SG1, the Tauri. You are now free."

"You are of the first world?"

"Yes. You are now free, spread the word." She turned and ran down the hallway and around the corner before the Jaffa could reach their staff weapons.

Sam managed to work her way back to the Stargate. When she got there, she saw her team talking to Ishta and two other women. Teal'c turned and raised his staff weapon. Then the others brought up their weapons just as Sam appeared. She was running.

"Daniel, dial PYX241!" she said yelling. Daniel ran to the DHD and dialed the address.

When the wormhole was formed, "Go, go," she yelled. She saw all of them including the women running up the ramp and through the gate.

Sam ran up the steps and through the gate when she heard staff weapons fired behind her. When she reached the other side, she jumped from the top step and onto the ground and did a roll just as the gate shut down.

"Sam!" Daniel ran over to her and helped her up.

"I'm good, Daniel." She turned to the women.

"Sam, this is Ishta, Ishta this is Colonel Sam Carter."

"I've heard a lot about you, Colonel Carter."

"Thank you."

"Sam... Molock?"

"Dead."

"Are you sure?" one of the women asked.

"Shot between the eyes and zatted three times in front of two of his Jaffa."

"Why not kill the Jaffa as well?" Ishta asked.

"Because I wanted them to witness that Molock wasn't a god and that they and their people are now free."

"Thank you for what you have done."

"You're welcome. The days of war are almost ended."

"What do you mean?"

"As I was telling you before, many Goa'uld have been killed in the past five years," Daniel said.

"Who's been killed?" Ishta asked.

"Molock, Hathor, Seth, Apophis, Anubis, Nirrti, Ra, and others," Daniel said. Ishta looked at the other two women. They were amazed that so many Goa'uld had been killed in a relatively short time.

"You are truly a warrior, Colonel Carter."

"Thank you, Ishta." One of the babies started to wake.

"We must return to our camp."

"We understand." Ishta walked over to the DHD and dialed an address.

When the wormhole was formed, the women walked up the ramp and through the gate, and then it shut down.

"Let's go home," Sam said as she walked over to the DHD.

A few minutes later, they were walking down the ramp. Sam gave Jack a smile and a nod so he knew that Molock was dead.

"Well done SG1, go shower and get your post mission exams."

"Tell me about it over cake," Jack said to Sam.

"Sounds good to me." They went their separate ways.