samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Chapter 75

An hour later, Sam walked over where Jack carrying her blue Jell-O. She sat down across from him. Sam told Jack about what had happened and what she had done. When she finished, he grinned at her.

"Sam, I knew that you couldn't resist blowing up something!" Sam smiled and leaned back in her chair.

"How did you know?"

"After you left, I went to the storage room and saw on the clip board what you took."

"Ah."

"See, I've learned there are advantages to being 'the Man'! There's some other news for you."

"Oh?"

"Yep, you and Jacob are going to Washington." Sam frowned.

"What... when?"

"As soon as Jacob can get time off, the President wants to see you both."

"You're joking... right?"

"Nope and while you're away," he leaned forward, "I'm promoting Ferretti to Major." Sam smiled.

"He will like that."

"I know he will."

"Any idea on why the President wants to see Dad and me?"

"I have no idea." Sam looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Sam, I know that look, and 'no' I don't know... but, 'yes' I do have an idea what it is."

"What do you think it is?"

"A medal or two."

"You think so?"

"Yep."

"We shall see."

The next day, Sam was in the control room doing a computer check when the gate started spinning. She activated the alarms as she heard, "Unscheduled off world activation, General O'Neill to the control room." Sam looked at the gate when the wormhole was formed, just as Jack arrived.

"Who's knocking on our door?" Sam smiled at his comment.

"Getting IDC... it's the Tok'ra, Sir," Walter said.

"Open the iris."

Jack walked down to the gate room to see two figures step onto the ramp and the gate shut down. Sam stood up and walked down to the gate room. When she walked in, she smiled at the two guests.

"Mom, Dad."

"Sam," Mel said as they hugged. Then Sam gave her father a hug.

"The Tok'ra have given them a few days off," Jack said.

"Really? That's great. I know that Grace and Charlie will be looking forward to seeing you both."

"What, is it the holidays already?"

"Thanksgiving is in three days, Mom."

"Really?"

"Yes, and Mark and the family are coming here for Thanksgiving." Mel grinned.

"I'm looking forward to seeing them and the grandkids."

"I bet you are," Jacob said.

"You know you are too, Jacob." Jacob looked at her.

"Selmak?"

"Yes." Jacob shook his head.

"Since you guys are here for a few days, the President wants to see Jacob and Sam." They looked at Jack.

"When?" Jacob asked.

"I'll go and make a call and let you know."

"Thanks."

"You three catch up while I go and make some calls."

Two hours later Jack walked into the Infirmary storage rooms where he found Sam, Jacob, and Mel there with the sarcophagus. Sam was telling Selmak and Mel'tac about modifications she had made. They were impressed with the work she had done to it.

"Hey." Sam turned to Jack and smiled.

"I was telling Selmak that I've managed to remove eighty percent of the side effects of the sarcophagus has on a human."

"That's great, Sam. I spoke to the President. He can see you both tomorrow morning at zero nine hundred and you are to go by plane this time."

"Thanks, Jack," Jacob said.

"Well, I've leave you three... five to your technobabble," He gave them a wave as he turned and walked out the door.

Jacob and Mel left an hour later to go and check on their home while Sam returned to work.

That night when Jack and Sam walked in the door, Charlie and Grace greeted them running into the foyer to give Jack and Sam hugs.

"Whoa there sport, you almost bowled your old man over." They all laughed as Charlie and Grace swapped places.

"How are you two doing?" Sam asked as she hugged Charlie.

"We're good, Mom, having heaps of fun at Berkeley," Charlie said while grinning.

"Fun? What kind of fun?" Jack asked while looking at him.

"Charlie put a whoopee cushion on Professor Thomas' chair yesterday. It was his birthday," Grace said laughing.

"He sat on it and everyone in the class laughed," Charlie said.

"He stood, turned to see what it was, picked it up, and then looked at it. He looked at all of us and smiled, and shook his head, and then he sat down again," Grace said.

"Really, does he know it was you Charlie?"

"He didn't until after class when I wished him a happy birthday. He said, 'thanks for the surprise present Charlie, you better get to your next class', so I did."

"You are so lucky he has a sense of humor! So, where would you like to go to dinner tonight?"

"O'Malley's, Dad," Grace said.

"Why not? Let's see what your brothers are up to." They walked in to the living room to see Noreen talking to Jacob and Mel.

"Mom, Dad this is a surprise," Sam said.

"Well we did say that we were going to drop by, but didn't say when. I guess Charlie and Grace told you what happened."

"Yes they did."

"Like father, like son," Noreen said.

"True. Who's hungry?" Sam asked.

"ME," the kids shouted.

"Ok, O'Malley's then, since Charlie and Grace want to go there, so shall we?" Everyone stood and left in both Jack and Sam's vehicles.

When they arrived at the restaurant, they all walked in and over to a table and sat down. They talked and laughed for the next two hours while enjoying their dinner. Afterwards, Grace stood and walked over to a pool table where she racked the balls. When a guy walked over to her, "Hey, sweetheart, want to play?" Grace looked up at the guy.

"Sure, you can break."

"Got any money?"

"Yes."

"How about we make a bet... ten dollars?"

"Ok." They put the money on the table, and then the guy started the game.

Grace noticed two of the guy's friends walk over to watch. When it was Grace's turn, she walked around the table and sank all the balls then she picked up the money.

"Thanks for the game." Then she walked outside to get some air. While she was outside the guys walked out.

"Hey sweet cheeks, want to have some fun?" the guy said as he put his hand on her arm.

"No, thank you." As she walked past him, he grabbed her arm.

Grace turned. "Let go of me, right now." She pulled her arm away.

"Come on, we just want to have some fun." Then he grabbed both her arms.

"Big mistake, mister." Grace kicked him in the groin. He let go as he bent over, so she kneed him in the face. His two friends tried to grab Grace, only to end up on the ground in pain.

"You messed with the wrong person." She got their wallets to find out who they were. When she saw their IDs, she looked at them.

"Marines, huh? By any chance, do you work for NORAD?"

"Yes, we do," one said as he groaned.

"And do you know Colonel Samantha Carter?"

"Yes, we know her and General O'Neill..." More groans.

"He's our commanding officer."

"Well, you boys are in a lot of trouble with them."

"Why?"

"You will see. Oh, and you can kiss your Jarhead careers good bye." She walked back in side.

The guys all got up from the ground. "Shit! She got my wallet."

"Same here!" They walked, the best they could, back inside.

When Grace was inside, she walked over to her family. "Dad?"

"Grace, what's wrong?" Sam asked.

"Three Jarheads tried to hit on me. Don't worry, I gave worse than I got." Then she passed him the wallets showing their IDs. When Jack looked at them, he showed them to Sam.

"Where are they?" Grace turned to the door to see the guys run in, stop, and look around. Grace turned back to Jack.

When Jack saw them, one with a bloody nose and red face and all of them appearing to be in pain, he raised his eyebrows, and then he turned to Grace who was grinning.

"They suddenly have high-pitched voices, as well, Dad." Jack shook his head.

"Grace, what am I going to do with you?"

"More like what are you going to do with them, besides making them crap themselves?" Jacob raised his eyebrows and looked at Sam who was grinning.

"I know who can make them crap themselves," Liam said.

"Who?" Mel asked.

"Teal'c!" They all laughed.

"Good point," Jacob said.

Jack stood and walked over to where the three men were. When they saw Jack, he looked calm until he stood in front of them. He knew that other personnel from the SGC were close by.

"I believe these belong to you three." He presented their wallets.

"General O'Neill, Sir, where did you find them?" one of them asked.

"I gave them to him." Grace appeared next to Jack, smiling.

"I told him what happened. He's not happy with you three." They looked at Jack then to Grace.

"How can you tell?"

"I know... Dad's looks, and right now you three are in a lot of crap."

"DAD?" they asked at the same time.

"Yep. I'm Grace O'Neill and, by the way, I'm only fifteen years old. Teal'c will be proud of me, when he finds out that I beat the crap out of three Marines. Have fun with them, Dad." She gave them an O'Neill grin and turned to see some of the SGC personnel who had been looking and listening to what happened.

"Hi, Siler, Lou, John, Gregg."

"Hi, Grace," Lou said as he stepped forward. Grace gave him a hug.

"So, this is your handy work?"

"Some... have fun with the Jarheads."

She gave him a wink then was turning back to the table when she heard, "I can't believe you three got beaten up by a fifteen year old girl." Lou laughed as he walked over to where his friends were enjoying their drinks.

"I want you three to have your report, on what happened tonight, on my desk by the time I get to base in the morning." He gave them his best cold hard look.

"Yes, Sir."

"Get out of here." They walked quickly out the door. Jack closed his eye and shook his head. When he opened them, Lou walked over him.

"What are you going to do with them, General?"

"Before the brig...?" Then he smiled.

"Let Teal'c teach them a lesson... or two."

"Well you should probably warn Doc and her staff."

"Yeah." He turned and walked back to the table to hear what Grace had done.

"Grace, you bet on a pool game?"

"Yes, Dad, and I won, after all I did play a lot of pool when I was little," she said grinning.

"Like mother, like daughter," Jack said turning to Sam who was also smiling.

"Well I taught her how to play, Jack."

"Yes, and look at her now: betting a Jarhead in pool, as well as beating the crap out of him afterwards. What are we teaching our kids, Sam?" He shook his head.

"How to defend themselves and to have respect for others."

"Yeah and to be smart just like you."

"Yep, let's go home. It's almost bed time for the kids."

"Good idea." They all got their jackets and prepared to leave.

When they were outside Jacob and Mel said their good nights before getting into a waiting taxi. All the others got into the two SUVs and they headed home. Jack and Sam spent time with Charlie and Grace before the twins went to bed. Jack and Sam went to bed not long afterward.