samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Chapter 76

Early the next morning, Sam left to pick up Jacob, and then they headed to Peterson Air Force Base where a plane was waiting for them. The plane departed only a few minutes after they were on board and seated.

On the way to Andrews Air Force Base, Jacob and Sam talked and speculated about what the President might want with them. A few minutes into the flight, one of the staff showed up carrying a tray. He put it on the table then he turned to them, "General Carter, Colonel Carter your breakfast is ready, Ma'am, and Sir." He walked away.

They got up and walked over to the table where they saw a pot of tea and a pot of coffee. There were two bowls of fruit salad, two of Fruit Loops and a jug of milk.

Sam looked at her father, "Jack's doing."

"It looks like it, but Fruit Loops?"

"He loves them and so do our kids." Jacob shook his head as they sat down to eat.

They talked about what been happening with the Tok'ra. While they were talking, Sam asked him a question.

"Dad does the Goa'uld name 'Molock' ring any bells?"

"Yes, we haven't been able to get a spy in his ranks, why?"

"No need, he's dead," Sam said as she took a sip of her coffee.

"Are you sure, Sam?"

"Yes, I killed him myself. I shot him in the forehead and zatted him three times in front of his Jaffa, so, yes, I'm sure." Jacob grinned.

When the plane landed, they walked off, and got into a limo then they were on their way to the White House. When they got there, they were scanned and checked over before they could see the President.

When they were both cleared, they followed one of the workers to the Oval Office where the secretary stood just as they walked into the room. She went to the door and knocked then opened it.

"Mr. President, General Carter and Colonel Carter are here, Sir."

"Show them in." She opened the door wider and stepped back.

"You may go in."

"Thank you," Sam said then she walked in with Jacob behind her. They moved until they were standing in front of the President.

"General Carter, Colonel Carter, welcome to the White House"

"Thank you, Mr. President," Sam said.

"I've heard nothing but great things about the two of you and I've read the reports on how you built the particle beam accelerator and a super particle beam accelerator. I am impressed with what and how you did it, Colonel. You sure changed our understanding of the laws of physics on that one."

"Yes, Sir."

"I've read what you did to that asteroid, to retrieve the naquadah, good job on that. And using one piece of the asteroid to blow up Anubis's base that was one way of killing to birds with one stone."

"Yes, Sir. As my husband would say, we were just returning part of something back to its owner." The President laughed.

"Yes that is so true. Colonel, your husband has a strange but funny sense of humor at times."

"Yes, Sir. I should know I've married to him for quite a while."

"That's true, how long have you two been married?"

"Sixteen and half years, Sir." He nodded, then opened one of his desk drawers and picked up a box. He walked around the desk.

"I haven't got much time before my next appointment, so General Carter, on behalf of Chief of Staff of the Air Force, I'm pleased and honored to promote you to lieutenant general." He opened the box to reveal a pair of stars. He passed them to Jacob.

"Thank you, Mr. President."

"I know you're not on Earth, often, but with what you have been doing out there on behalf of Earth and the Tok'ra, you deserve it."

"Thank you, Sir." The President went back to his desk, pulled out four more boxes, and walked back around.

"General Carter, for the part you took in risking your life to go into enemy territory to destroy the galaxy's worst Goa'uld, I'm honored to present you the Silver Star." He passed Jacob the open box.

"Thank you, Sir"

"And," he opened another box.

"The Distinguished Service medal for your exceptionally meritorious service to the government in a duty of great responsibility, in combat or otherwise. Congratulations, General." He passed Jacob the box.

"Thank you, Mr. President." He stepped in front of Sam.

"Colonel Carter, you have distinguished yourself through exceptionally meritorious service to the government in a duty of great responsibility, in combat or otherwise. I'm honored to present you the Distinguished Service medal." He passed Sam a box.

"Thank you. Mr. President. It's an..." He put his hand up, and then he opened the next box, which shocked Sam when she saw it.

"I'm honored to present you the Air Force Cross." Jacob's eyes widened when he heard what Sam is receiving.

"It's awarded for extraordinary heroism, while serving with the U.S. Air Force, while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force, or while serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United States in not a belligerent party. Congratulations, Colonel Carter... there's one more."

"One" Sam said. She looked at her father then back to the President.

He passed the box to her. Then he opened the last box and Sam was again shocked with what she saw.

"It gives me great honor to present to you the Distinguished Public Service medal." He passed the box to her.

"What... how, why, Mr. President?"

"For the designs of X-301 that you worked on, I've seen it myself. It's impressive."

"Ah thank you, Sir."

"And for the designs to the space station for where the X-301 can dock. I spoke to the NASA scientists about your designs and the craft. They could not believe that you not only designed, but built it, as well. What made them decide that you deserve that medal was not only the X-301, but also the plans and designs for the X-302 and the particle beam accelerators. When General Ryan showed them your report on how you built one, they said it was impossible. General Ryan told them that you had already done it. They want to meet you and ask many questions. So when you leave here, you and General Carter are going to NASA so you can explain, yourself, how you did it." Sam couldn't help smiling broadly.

"Thank you, Mr. President."

"Colonel, the way you are going you, might get a promotion within a year. Keep up the good work."

"Yes, Sir." He passed Sam her medal and he shook her hand then Jacob's.

"Both of you, and the SGC, keep it up. This war is almost over."

"We know, Sir."

"I'm sorry that we couldn't have your families and the photographer here for this, but, as you know, since the Stargate Program is still classified, the public doesn't even know your jobs exist. Now, if you'll excuse me, my next appointment is waiting." they walked to the door where the President opened it for them.

When Sam and Jacob walked out, Sam was surprised to see who was there waiting as the next appointment to see the President. "Senator Kinsey," Sam said.

"Colonel Carter." He stood.

"What were you doing in the Oval Office?"

"Receiving more medals... oh, Senator Kinsey, this is my father, Lieutenant General Jacob Carter."

"He's not a Lieutenant General."

"As of five minutes ago he is, he's just been promoted." Kinsey eyes widened.

"Sam, is he the one?"

"Yes, Dad, he's the one. Why don't you let your friend introduce herself?" Jacob stepped forward.

Sam noticed that the President was watching what was happening. He was shocked when he saw Jacob's eyes glow as he leaned forward and whispered something in the Senator's ear. He saw Senator Kinsey turn pale then he smelled an odor. He noticed Jacob step back, grin, then turn to Sam who had her eye brows raised.

"Shall we go, Dad?" They walked away.

The Senator turned to the President. "Sorry, Sir." Then he turned and ran out of the room.

The President looked down and saw a dark stain on the floor. He looked at his secretary. "Call the cleaners, will you, June, and rebook the Senator's appointment."

"Yes Mr. President." Then he closed the door.

When Jacob and Sam walked along a corridor, Sam managed not to laugh until she saw Major Davis.

"General Carter, Colonel Carter." He nodded to them both and offered his hand.

"Major," Jacob said.

"Colonel Carter, are you alright?" Sam nodded then she burst out laughing.

"Colonel?" Sam stopped laughing when other personnel were looking at her.

"Sorry, Major, we were just with the President. We saw..." She laughed again.

"…sorry, Senator Kinsey."

"And that's funny after he tried to close the base?"

"No... Dad's 'friend' said something to him while the President was watching... she made..." Then she laughed again.

"She... made Senator," laughing,

"Kinsey" laughing even harder,

"Wet his pants!" Then she laughed again.

Major Davis' eyes widened while trying to hold a straight face then he looked at Jacob.

"Did he...?" Jacob nodded his head.

"Yes he did."

"General O'Neill would get a laugh out of that, Sir." Sam calmed herself.

"Jack would wish he had been here to see it for himself," Sam said.

"Sam, you know what Jack would say."

"Yes. I do Dad. We had better get going. It was good to see you again, Major."

"You too, Colonel, General." Then they went their separate ways.

When they were in the limo returning back to Andrews Air Force Base, Sam got her phone out and called the SGC. When she was patched through to Jack's office, she waited.

"O'Neill."

"Hey, it's me."

"Hey, 'me'. How did it go with the President?"

"Good. We've got some wonderful news for you."

"That's great, care to share?"

"Well first of all: Dad's the same rank as you."

"Get out of here!" Sam laughed and Jacob raised his eyebrow.

"It's true. How did it go with the three Marines?"

"I read their report on what happened last night and I called Grace to get her side of the story... three against one."

"So what did you do?"

"They are at the moment training with Teal'c"

"Did you warn Janet?"

"No need, the grape vine took care of it"

"Well I'm not surprised since some of the Base personnel were at the bar last night."

"True, hang on... yes Walter?"

"Sir, Dr. Frasier just called. Three Marines are in the Infirmary."

"How bad?"

"Six to eight weeks."

"Let Teal'c know I would like to talk to him."

"Yes, Sir."

"And let Doc know she can use the sarcophagus."

"Yes, Sir."

"Sorry about that, Sam"

"We heard. Sounds like someone told Teal'c about last night"

"Yeah. I need to go. SG2 is waiting for me."

"Sure. We won't be home until late tonight."

"I know. I was reading a note from the President."

"Before I go, Dad and I saw Kinsey at the White House."

"Sam, are you trying to ruin my morning?"

"No, but I can make you smile."

"How?"

"Selmak made Kinsey wet himself outside the President's office and the President watched what happened." They heard Jack laughing.

"I would pay to see that! Damn, good one, Sam! Nice going, Selmak!"

"You're welcome, General," Selmak said in Jacob's voice.

"I better go; Charlie's looking at me strangely."

"Ok Jack have fun."

"Always do, Sam." They ended the call.

"Everyone will find out in the next five to ten minutes."

"True."