samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


When they reached the police station, he helped Sam get the twins, the stroller and bags out, and then they walked into the station. He showed her to his desk. Sam sat down while the officer went to see his captain. Sam was looking down at the twins when she heard “Sam!”

She looked up and turned around to the voice and smiled.

“Andy, how are you?” He walked over to Sam.

“I'm good. What’s going on? Why are you here?”

“I'm a witness to a stabbing. Oh, can you call Jack and tell him Charlie’s been stabbed and, most probably, at the Air Force hospital?”

“Kawasaki?” he said in shock.

“Yeah.”

“Who stabbed him?”

“Here’s the guy now.” Andy turned to see two officers bringing in a man in cuffs.

“That’s Doug Miller.” Then he turned to Sam.

“You know him?” Sam asked.

“He’s got friends in here.”

“Oh?

“He stabbed Kawalski?”

“Yeah, in the mall.”

“Why?”

“Janet Frasier. I saw them together, and then saw Captain Miller heading towards them with an angry look on his face.”
Just then the officer walked over to them.

“Hi, Andy.”

“Hey. You need to be careful in what you say about this case to some of the others.” Then Andy turned and walked back to his desk.

“What does he mean?” the officer sat down.

“He means that Captain Miller has friends on the force here.”

“Oh... I'm new here.”

“OK.”

“Shall we get started?”

“Sure.”

Sam spent the next half an hour telling the young officer about what happened in the mall and what she did. By the time she finished answering his questions, he was shocked with what she told him about the moves she did.

“Wow, you can be dangerous!” Sam just smiled.

“Jack’s here.”

“Who?”

“My husband. I can sense he's here.” She turned around to see him in the door way looking at her. Sam smiled and gave her head a little shake. He then walked over to her just as she turned to the officer.

“See?”

“I'm impressed.”

“Sam.” She stood up and turned to give Jack a hug.

“Andy called. Are you OK?”

“A lot better than Captain Miller.”

“Oh?” Jack turned to the officer.

“Colonel Jack O'Neill.”

“Officer O'Brien.” They shook hands.

“Hi. Has Sam given you her statement?”

“Yes, Colonel, your wife is a lethal weapon and she’s not even in the Air Force.”

“I taught her everything I know.”

“Yes, she told me. She can go, I got all her details.”

“Good then. Shall we, Sam?”

“Sure. Thank you, officer.”

“You’re welcome, Ma'am.”

Jack pushed the stroller with Sam next to him. When they got to his truck, Sam helped him put their kids in the back seat then loaded the shopping. Once done, Jack put the stroller in the back while Sam got in the front passenger seat. When Jack got in and got his seat belt on he started up the truck and drove home.

Sam told Jack about what happened and what she did. By the time they got home Sam finished telling him about the cops and paramedic arriving.

“Sam, I'm so proud of you.... now I know why you and Teal'c train two to three times a week.”

“Now you know.”

They got out of the truck and got the twins and shopping out and headed inside. Sam took the twins upstairs and into the nursery where they woke up for their feed and diaper change. Then she put them to bed.

Sam went into the bathroom to relieve herself and wash her hands before leaving the room with the two soiled diapers. She took them downstairs and put them in a bucket with the other diapers, then rewash her hands. When done, she walked into the kitchen where Jack poured them both a drink and passed one to Sam.

“Thanks. What would you like for dinner?” Sam asked.

“Well, since it’s almost seven o'clock, how about pizza?”

“Why not?”

“OK. I'll go and get us our dinner.” He finished his coffee and gave Sam a kiss.

“I'll take care of the shopping.”

“OK, what did you get?”

“Kids clothes, they're growing up fast.” Jack smiled.

“It must be all that good mothers milk.”

“Could be.” He walked out of the kitchen and down to the front door.

Sam finished her coffee, and then rinsed both hers and Jack's mugs before putting them in the dishwasher. She then walked back upstairs to their bedroom where she sorted out the shopping bags. When Jack returned home half an hour later, they ate dinner while watching a TV show. Then afterwards Sam went to bed since she was feeling tired, which was not surprising since she had been up since four that morning with the twins.

Two days later Sam got a call from officer O'Brien letting her know that the Air Force was taking over and someone would call her for any questions. An hour later, two Air Force officers knocked on the front door, so Sam answer it.

“Can I help you?”

“Samantha Carter O'Neill?”

“Yes.”

“Hello. I'm Captain Williams”

“Captain.”

“And I'm Lieutenant Morris. We are with the Air Force JAG.
May we come in?”

“May I see your ID please?” They showed Sam their ID cards.

“Thank you. You can come in.”

Sam let them in and they followed her into the dining room where they sat down. They put their briefcases on the table and opened them.

“We need to ask you some questions.”

“Okay.” Sam sat down across from them with her hands clasped together on the table.

They asked her different questions which she was able to answer. When they finished, they seemed pleased.

“Is there anything else you want to ask me Captain, Lieutenant?”

“No, that is all, Ma’am.”

“When will the trial begin?”

“Tomorrow.”

“Will you be needing me as a witness?”

“Not at this time, since you’re not Air Force.”

“My husband is.”

“We know, Ma’am.” They stood up and so did Sam.

“Thank you for your time. Ma'am.”

“You’re welcome.” Sam showed them to the door.

Once they were gone, Sam went to get dinner started. That night when Jack got home, Sam told him about the two Air Force JAG lawyers.

“I know who they are, Sam. You did well not telling them about where you got some of your training.”

“Jack. I knew what I was doing... so how was training today?”

“It went really well. I went to see Charlie before coming home; he's going to be out tomorrow in time for the court martial.”

“Oh, good. How is he?”

“Getting better and getting a lot of TLC from Doc” he said grinning.

“You don't think...?”

“Who knows Sam?”

“Who knows” she said smiling.

Three days later Lieutenant Morris showed up on Sam’s door step with a piece of paper in his hand.

“Mrs. O'Neill here's a summons requesting you to testify tomorrow.”

“OK, I'll be there.”

“Will you be needing a lift to the base ma'am?”

“No, I'm good thank you.”

“Yes Ma'am. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.” He turned and walked back to his car and drove back down the drive way.

“Sam who was that?” Jack’s mother asked as she stepped next to Sam holding Grace in her arms.

“He’s an Air Force lawyer.”

“Oh, is it to do with the court martial?”

“Yes, it is.” Sam closed the door and turned to her mother-in-law.

“I know you're not working tomorrow, can you...?” Sam saw her smile.

“Yes! I would love to look after my grandchildren.”

“Thank you.”

“Sam, you know I would love to look after them, after all I spend more time with Grace and Charlie than I do with all of my other grandchildren. You know that.”

“I know and I know that they love spending time with their grandmother. Don't you, Sweetie?” Sam said the last part to Grace who was looking at Sam and smiling.

The next morning Jack drove Sam to Schreiver Air Force Base where the court martial was being held. When they got there and saw the two Air Force lawyers, they walked over to them and Sam did the introductions. After talking for a couple of minutes, the lawyers walked into the room while Jack and Sam sat outside and waited.

Two hours later, Sam was called in to the room. She walked up to witness seat and was sworn in, then she sat down. The lawyers on each side asked Sam several questions which she was able to answer. When dismissed, she stood up and walked out of the room. Jack stood up as she stepped in front of him.

“How did it go?”

“Good, but I almost saluted a general who was in there.”

“Really? Do you know who he is?”

“No. I’ve never seen him before.”

“So, now what?”

“We wait, just in case I get called back.”

“Great! More waiting.” Sam smiled as she sat down

“I know that patience isn't your strong point, Jack.” He turned to her and grinned as he sat down.

“Yes, well…” Then he kissed her forehead and sat back and waited.

Two hours later, the two lawyers walked out and over to them. “You did well in there, Mrs. O'Neill.”

“Thank you. So what happens now?”

“We wait for a verdict.”

“Great, more waiting.”

“Jack, be nice.” She turned to the two lawyers.

“Patience isn't his strong point.”

“It's OK. We know what it's like ourselves.”

“We won't need you any more, Mrs. O'Neill. You can return home.”

“Thank you.” The two lawyers walked away leaving them.

“Shall we get out of here and head in to town for some lunch?” Jack asked.

“Sure why not?” They walked towards the exit while talking about other things.

That evening while they were watching TV, the phone rang so Jack got up to answer it. Then a couple minutes later, he returned and sat down next to Sam.

“That was Kawalski. Miller got a dishonorable discharge, loss of all pay and allowances, and seven years in Leavenworth for what he did.”

“That means that Janet can move on now.”

“Yeah, at least now Doc has a chance of having kids.”

“Who knows what might happen between Janet and Charlie.”

“True.”

“Looking forward to Thanks giving?”

“Yep. You?”

“Yes.”

“What about your parents?”

“I don't know where they are. I tried calling Mom the other day, their line has been disconnected.”

“Oh, so you don't know even how they are?”

“No, things have changed now.”

“Yes, but, don't worry. You still have me” he said as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

“I know.” He leaned over and gave her a kiss.