samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Chapter 81

Early the next morning, Jack made sure that the boys were quiet when they got up for school. After they left, Jack left a note for Sam before leaving for work.

When Sam woke up, she rolled over to see a note over her alarm clock. She picked up the note and saw the time. It was after nine in the morning. She knew she was tired but she couldn't believe that Jack had turned off her alarm. She looked at the note and unfolded it.

She smiled when she read, To my loving wife, Sam. I'm giving you the day off work because you have been working too hard once again. So I, your loving husband, booked a spa day for you at your favorite: Columbine Day Spa. Your appointment is at ten, so relax and enjoy your day. And forget about work. I'm bringing home Chinese for tonight, now go and enjoy your day, love you always, Jack XXXX'

"You are going to be rewarded big time tonight, Jack." Sam got up and dressed. She left twenty minutes later to go to the spa.

That night when Jack walked in the door carrying the Chinese takeout, Sam was there to greet him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a passionate kiss.

"Wow that was some welcome home kiss! What's the reason?"

"I was angry at first when I saw the time this morning, then I read your note. Thank you, Jack; it was just what I needed."

"I knew you would love it and you look well relaxed."

"I am and you're going to be rewarded tonight." She gave him another kiss then grabbed the bag from his hand and then turn and walked away with a bit of extra sway in her hips. She knew Jack would be watching her.

Later that night, after the boys went to bed, Jack and Sam waited for half an hour before going to bed themselves. Sam rewarded Jack like she promised. Jack's reward took some time. By the end of three hours, both Jack and Sam were tired.

The next day when Jack and Sam arrived at the SGC, Jack was grinning and Sam was grinning and humming. When the doors opened, Walter was there with a clipboard in one hand and cup of coffee in the other.

"Morning, Sir."

"Morning, Walter. What's on this morning's agenda?" Jack asked as he limped down the corridor and the doors closed.

Sam went to her lab where she planned to spend the day. She had been there for an hour when Janet walked in.

"Morning, Sam." Sam looked up.

"Morning, Janet, how are the kids?"

"Growing up fast!"

"I bet. So what can I do for you?"

"I would like to know what happened to the General."

"What do you mean?"

"When Charlie came in for his pre mission exam, he said he saw the general limping. Care to explain?" Sam smiled.

"Jack left me a note yesterday morning. He scheduled a day-long spa treatment for me as a surprise." Janet raised her eyebrows.

"No wonder you look happy..." Then she raised her eyebrows.

"Sam, did you reward him by any chance?" Sam smiled, and then her phone rang so she answered it.

"Carter... I'll be right there, Sergeant." She hung up and turned to walk out the door with Janet behind her.

"Sam, well did you?"

When they got to the elevators, Sam managed to get on and turned to Janet. "Sam!"

"Three hours," Sam said grinning. She saw the wide-eyed shock on Janet face just as the doors closed.

Sam went to the control room to fix the computer problem, and then she went to see Jack who was in his office.

"Hey everything ok?"

"Janet came to my lab; she wanted to know why you were limping."

"Kawalski asked the same. What did you tell her?"

"It was a reward for yesterday's spa treatment surprise. You should have seen the look on her face. Then she asked what the reward was. I told her, but she wanted to know more." Jack groaned.

"What did you say?"

"When I was in the elevator and the doors were closing I said three hours... you should have seen her face, it was priceless." Then she laughed.

"Sam, did you have to?"

"Sorry, Jack, we both know what she's like."

"Don't I know it?"

"I better get back to my stack of paper work, see you at lunch."

"Yeah, paper work." He looked down at his desk as Sam walked out the door.

Two weeks later, Sam received written orders from General Ryan. They transferred her to Area 51, and gave her two months to get Prometheus off the ground. Sam was shocked and she went to see Jack who was in his office.

"Jack look at this." She handed him the orders.

"What the hell?" He picked up the phone and called the General.

"General Ryan, General O'Neill. I have Colonel Carter in my office, Sir... yes, I just read it... did you ask her how long... yes, Sir, I'll tell her... yes, Sir." Then he hung up and looked at Sam.

"Sorry, Sam, it's real."

"Jack, Prometheus is at least six months away from being flight worthy."

"I know that, Sam... Why don't you go and get what you need? I'll fly you there myself."

"Jack, are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Ok." She walked out the door. Jack wasn't happy about the transfer so he sat back and thought about the phone call.

"Something's not right" He knew he didn't have time to look into it right then.

A couple of hours later Jack flew Sam to Area 51. He gave her a hug and kisses before she walked to the back, picked up her bags, and walked off the ship. She watched Jack leave then she turned around to see Colonel Maybornne there.

"Colonel Carter, what are you doing here?"

"I've been transferred here to work on Prometheus, General Ryan's orders."

"What? I received no record of your transfer orders."

"I only found out two hours ago. I better get started. Can you get someone to take me to Prometheus?"

"Sure." They walked inside a building where Colonel Maybornne made some calls.

Half an hour later, Sam was walking toward the engine room on Prometheus.

Over the next two months, Sam worked eighteen plus hours per day. Even the other staff were working long tiring hours to get Prometheus ready for its first flight. After two long tiring months, Prometheus was finished. Sam was in the engine room when she heard Zat blasts. She went to check it out.

She saw three men wearing BDU clothing carrying Zats. She had never seen them before. She watched them pull the unconscious men into a room and close the door. Sam was able to hide since she knew the ship like the back of her hand. She waited for half an hour, then she heard the engines start and realized that some group had taken control of Prometheus.

Sam worked her way around until she reached one of the control rooms. When she got there, she checked to see how many were involved and where they were. She listened in on their plans. From her location, she was able to shut down the hyper-drive and send a message to the SGC and Area 51.

Then she removed two of the crystals from the control panel and climbed into the vent. From there, she worked her way to the bridge. When she got there, she watched what was happening. She could tell that the group was puzzled about the reason the hyper-drive wasn't working.

So she worked her way to a storage room and got what she needed then she went back to the control room, where she welded herself inside. Then she returned the crystals and then moved to the computer console where she typed while keeping an eye on everyone else.

While Sam was doing that, Jack was in the briefing room with SG8 when Walter ran into the room.

"Sir, Colonel Carter sent a message: Prometheus hijacked by persons unknown, Carter." Jack turned to Walter.

"What? Get me Maybornne from Area 51."

"Yes, Sir." Jack turned to SG8.

"We will finish this later." He stood up and walked into his office.

Minutes later the phone rang so Jack picked it up. "Maybornne what the hell's going on out there?"

"General, I don't know what's going on. I only found out just before you called. One of the security guards managed to get out of his bindings and raise the alarm just as Prometheus took off."

"Any idea who the group is?"

"No, I don't. I've never seen them before."

"NID?"

"I don't think so, and I know everyone from the NID."

"Find out how many and what kind of weapons they have and get back to me." He disconnected, then he pressed 2.

"This is General O'Neill, get me the President." Jack listened.

"I don't care get him on the phone, NOW!" Jack said yelling through the phone. He ran his hand through his hair.

"General O'Neill, I was in an important meeting, this better be good.

"Prometheus has been hijacked, Mr. President," Jack said calmly.

"When?"

"Not sure. Colonel Carter was able to send a message... I don't know all the details. I spoke to Colonel Maybornne from Area 51, he only just found out when one of the security guards managed to get out of his bonds and raise the alarm just before I spoke to him."

"General, Prometheus wasn't ready. It's months away from being flight capable."

"What? That can't be right."

"General, what are you talking about?"

"Two months ago, Colonel Carter got transfer orders from General Ryan. I saw her orders. She was given two months to get Prometheus flight worthy and today was the dead line."

"Two months ago...the eighth?"

"Yes, Sir... What is it Mr. President?"

"General Ryan took a month off from the beginning of that month. His daughter, son-in-law, and seven-month-old granddaughter were in a bad car accident in California. His daughter has been in a coma ever since."

"Well if it wasn't General Ryan, then who sent the orders?"

"I don't know, General." Jack thought about it.

"Mr. President, the car accident, any idea what happened?"

"A tire blew causing the driver to lose control. The car rolled down an embankment. Why?"

"Sir, is any chance of having the tire checked out?"

"General, are you thinking that someone tried to kill them?"

"More likely only hurt them to get General Ryan out of the way for a short while so they could transfer Colonel Carter to Area 51."

"If that's the case, Jack, I'll get the proper authorities to look in to it."

"Yes, Sir."

"Keep me up to date on Prometheus."

Jack sat wondering if he should use the ship to look for Prometheus or stay where he was and wait.

Sam was typing as fast as she could to change all the access codes and have the controls locked out from the bridge. Once done, she noticed that the ones who were on the bridge soon realized that they had no control of the ship.

Sam started turning the ship around and headed back to the underground bunker. When she heard the leader give orders to leave the ship, she saw them head to the X301 fighter bay. She closed and locked the doors leading to the flight deck.

Then she started closing and locking the doors on each level until they were all confined to one area. By that time, Sam had changed the controls to be accessible from the bridge. Then she went through the vent until she could access the corridor, then she ran to the bridge where she worked from the command chair.

Sam flew Prometheus back to underground bunker. She noticed a number of armed personnel waiting to board the ship. Once the ship had landed, Sam shut off the engines. Then she typed instructions to open the doors to where the crew were, and then she checked the systems to determine if there was any hull breach.

Once everything checked out ok, she sat back, closed her eyes, and relaxed for a minute until she heard footsteps. She opened them and turned to see Colonel Maybornne and number of armed men with him.

"Maybornne."

"Colonel Carter, what happened?"

"Later. If you want them, go to level three section eight. You will find them all there."

"How?" Sam gave him a look so he turned to the men with him.

"Go, I'll be fine." The armed men turned and walked out of the room.

"So how was its first flight?" Sam smiled.

"Don't know, haven't tried out the hyper-drive."

"Oh... Ah, you had better give General O'Neill a call. He..."

"I know and I will." Sam looked at the screen in front of her.

Then she typed in a command. Maybornne saw what she was doing. When the doors opened, the ones who hijacked Prometheus were shocked to see the number of armed men pointing their guns at them. Once they had all been handcuffed, they were taken off the ships.

Sam stood and started walking towards the door.

"Coming, Maybornne?" He followed Sam out the door.

Half an hour later, Sam called Jack. "Jack."

"Sam, are you alright?"

"Yes. Can come get me?"

"Yes, Sam. I'll see you soon."

Sam turned to see the men and women who had tried to take over Prometheus. They were all placed into cells until the decision was made as to what would be done with them. She walked out of the cellblock building and down to her quarters to pack her things. When finished, she carried her bags back outside and over to where Maybornne stood.

"You're leaving, Colonel?"

"Yes, I'm returning home until I know where I'm going to be transferred next."

"You could stay here." Sam smiled

"No thanks. Now that Prometheus is working four months ahead of schedule, it's up to the top brass to decide what to do next."

"What about you, what's going to be your next challenge?"

"I haven't decided yet." She turned and smiled when she saw changes in the dirt from air being blown around.

"Colonel, what wrong?"

"Jack's, here."

"Where?" He stepped around her and looked around.

"Where?" He was looking up in the air.

"He's right in front of you, Colonel" Sam picked up her bags.

"How you made it to Colonel I'll never know."

Then she walked a few steps and turned until she was looking at Maybornne. He was still looking at her. She stepped forward until she disappeared which shocked Maybornne. He looked in front of him for few minutes then turned around and walked into the building, not knowing that when Sam was on the ship Jack was there to greet her with a hug and passionate kiss.

"Missed you," Sam said.

"Missed you, too. Let's go home."

"Sounds good to me."

Jack flew the ship back to the SGC. On the way, Jack told Sam about the conversation he had with the President.

"I wonder who was behind it and why."

"Don't know Sam, but my guess is that Kinsey might have something to do with it or he knows who's behind it."

"Like in our memories when you and Maybornne got info from..." She looked at Jack. He turned to Sam.

"Are you thinking that it might be on his computer?"

"Think about it." Jack considered it until he landed the ship in the hangar.