samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Chapter 83

"Yes... patch him through." He pressed a button and hung up the phone.

"Major Davis, what have you got for me?" Everyone turned to the President.

"Mr. President, whoever sent the evidence to Agent Barrett also sent a copy to me. I spoke to Agent Barrett just before calling you, Sir. He was able to hack into the Senator's e-mail. The evidence was sent to at least eight addresses. All related to Area 51, SGC, the Pentagon, and you, Sir."

"What... only a handful of people know my e-mail address." He looked up at Jack and Sam.

"You hacked into Senator Kinsey computer, Colonel Carter?" The President asked.

"Mr. President, it wasn't Colonel Carter," Major Davis said.

"What do you mean it wasn't Colonel Carter?"

"The timing's wrong, Sir. Colonel Carter has been at the White House since 1000 hours and the e-mail time shows 1005. There's no way Colonel Carter could have in both places at once." The President thought about it.

"You're right, Major... sorry, Colonel Carter."

"It's alright, Mr. President."

"Major, what have you found out from the e-mail?"

"A lot, Sir. It looks like Senator Kinsey tried to take over the SGC a few years back but his plan back didn't work."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Mr. President," Jack said. The president look at Jack

"Kinsey tried to shut down the SGC five years ago, but the previous President over ruled him and kept it open. Kinsey wasn't a happy camper about it." Jack said.

"I remember reading about that."

"Connor." They all turned to Sam.

"Sam"? She looked at Jack.

"Connor, when they tried to kidnap him."

"Why?" one general asked.

"Because of Sam and me. I'm the CO and Sam's the head scientist. They knew that we would put our family first... I think they wanted us to retire to protect our family so they could get one of their own inside."

"You could be right there, General," General Ryan said.

"In that case, Sir," Jack said looking at General Ryan.

"Your family is also at risk... look at what happened to your daughter... they have got to be stopped."

"How?" General Ryan asked.

"Major do you have names of the NID that are involved?" Jack asked.

"Yes, Sir, as well as those who are in Area 51 and the SGC." Jack and Sam looked at each other thinking of one person.

"Can you print out the list for the SGC? I'll take care of them personally."

"General, there was only one name."

"Who?"

"Colonel Makepeace."

"I knew something wasn't right about him. Thanks for that, Major."

"Yes, Sir."

"Major, good work."

"Yes, Sir. I'll do some checking at this end to find out more."

"You do that." He pressed a button to end the call.

Sam looked at Jack. "Jack what is it?"

"I'm trying to think where SG3 is right now." Sam smiled then she stood and walked up to the desk.

"Mr. President, my I use the red phone to call the SGC?" He picked up the phone and pressed 1, and then he passed it to Sam.

"Thank you, Sir."

"General O'Neill's office."

"Sergeant, it's Colonel Carter, please patch me through to Dr. Jackson's office."

"Yes, Ma'am." Sam waited.

"Dr. Jackson."

"Daniel, it's Sam."

"Hey Sam, still in Washington?"

"Yes, Daniel, and yes Jack's behaving himself. Look, I don't have much time. Can you and Teal'c go to the Tok'ra Base?"

"Oh, because that's where SG3 is?"

"Yes."

"Why Sam?"

"Keep an eye on Makepeace and find out where he's been while they were there."

"Sam?" Sam looked at the President he shook his head for 'no'. She turned to Jack who nodded for 'yes'.

"Makepeace is a rotten apple."

"Sam you mean?"

"Yes."

"Alright, ah can you let Colonel Dixon know?"

"Sure, can you patch me back to the Sergeant?"

"Sure... how do you want Teal'c to handle the Colonel?" Sam turned to Jack.

"How do you want Teal'c to handle Colonel Makepeace?"

"We want him back alive, I'm sure the Tok'ra have a healing device... Daniel, tell Jacob and Mel will ya just in case they will want a piece of him," Jack yelled out the last part.

"Tell Jack I will and I'll get Janet to bring out her large needles for when SG3 return." Sam smiled.

"I will... Daniel, record evidence."

"I understand, I'll patch you back to the Sergeant."

"Daniel said he will get Janet to bring out her large needles for Colonel Makepeace for when he returns."

"Ouch, that's going to hurt like hell," Jack said grinning.

"What do you mean by that, General?" one of the generals asked.

"Every time an SG team returns they get injections in the ass. It's part of the post mission exam when they return back from off world... and Dr. Frasier is dangerous with them, I know from experience." The President grinned.

"Hello Sergeant it..."

"Colonel Carter."

"Yes. Is Colonel Dixon available?"

"Yes, Ma'am, he's here, one moment." Sam waited.

"Sam, what has Jack done now?" Sam laughed.

"He's been good, Dave. Listen Daniel and Teal'c will be going off world in few minutes. Can you clear them, please?"

"I need the General's Ok, Sam." Sam looked at Jack.

"Dixon, let Space Monkey and Teal'c go, but the staff weapon and Zats stay," Jack yelled out.

"Did you get that Dave?"

"Yes, my I ask why?"

"Later, Dave." Then she hung up

"Dave wanted to know what you had done this time," Sam said smiling as she walked back over to the couch and sat down.

"Why would he think I got into trouble?"

"Because you do, you like putting your foot in your mouth."

"Oh."

They talked for the next two hours before Jack and Sam left to return to the SGC.

When they arrived, they changed into BDUs and went their separate ways for the next hour. When Jack walked in his office, Dave Dixon, his 2IC, was there typing on his laptop. He stopped and looked up when he saw who walked in the door.

"General, I didn't know that you were back."

"Well I am. Did anything happen while I was away?"

"No, Sir. SG3 is due back in few minutes."

"Good, I'll go and greet them."

"General, what's going on? Why are Daniel and Teal'c gone off world?"

"Follow me." Jack walked out of the office.

He saw Walter approach. "General, Sir, I thought you were still in Washington."

"I'm back. Have a couple of SFs waiting in the gate room."

"Yes, Sir."

"Good man." Jack walked down to the gate room. Walter looked at Dave Dixon who shrugged his shoulders and followed Jack.

When they were in the gate room, they waited for a minute then the gate started dialing. The alarms went off and the usual announcement was made. When the wormhole was formed and the iris was closed, they heard, "Receiving SG3's IDC, General," Lieutenant Simmons said into the microphone.

"Open the iris." The iris opened just as two armed SFs walked in the gate room.

They waited for few seconds then Daniel, Teal'c and three members of SG3 returned.

"Daniel, Teal'c, where's Colonel Makepeace?"

"Jacob and Mel are having a talk with him." Jack raised his left eyebrow.

"Talked as in?"

Then they saw the Colonel come running through the gate and stop when he was half way down the ramp. The gate shut down. They saw blood on the Colonel's clothes and he looked pale. Jack turn to Daniel.

"That must have been some talk." He turned to Colonel Makepeace.

"Colonel Makepeace, I'm placing you under a rest for treason. Airmen put him in the cells after he's been cleared through the Infirmary... make sure Dr. Frasier handles him personally."

Two airmen stepped forward. They removed all the Colonel's weapons then put cuffs on him before escorting him from the room.

"You're not getting away with this. How did you know?" Makepeace said when he stopped in front of Jack.

"Kinsey sent all his evidence to a number of people; along with a list of names that were involved... your name was on that list. Get him out of here." The two SFs pushed Makepeace out of the gate room.

Jack looked around at the shocked faces. "Back to work."

"Daniel, whose handy work was that on Makepeace?"

"Teal'c and Jacob's. I told Jacob and Mel what had happened with Connor and I told him Colonel Makepeace was involved...as soon as I said his name, Jacob walked over to him and punched him... he broke the guy's nose. And that was before I got to the treason part."

"Ouch."

"Yeah, I told the rest of SG3 what happened and about the evidence. They wanted a piece of him, I said 'no'. After Jacob finished talking to Colonel Makepeace, Mel healed him, and then Teal'c had his turn. Then Mel healed him once again before we returned. I don't know what Jacob said to him when we were returning." Jack nodded.

"Go and have your showers and post mission exams. I have phone calls to make and paper work to do." Then they walked out of the gate room and went their separate ways.

Couple of hours later Jack and Sam walked through the door of their home. They walked into the lounge to see Noreen and the boys watching TV. Jack was just about to speak.

"Jack, the news," Sam said quietly.

Jack looked at the TV and saw it was showing Breaking News. He smiled when he saw Senator Kinsey and all of his security men being arrested. When the reporter spoke, the scene changed to the Pentagon where Colonel Simmons was walking out the door with two airmen. They could see that he was handcuffed.

Then the reporter said, "As you can see, Colonel Simmons and five other officers from the Pentagon have been arrested, for what reason, we don't know but reports have been coming in that there have been a number of arrests around the country today. These arrests include members of the Air Force, and the Marines, as well as judges, lawyers, senators, and police officers, including four men who are on the most wanted list for murder and attempted murder of other government personnel, including the attempted murder of Jane and Mike Michaels and their seven-month daughter Samantha. Jane Michaels is the daughter of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Ryan. And the attempted kidnapping of Connor O'Neill, the son of Lieutenant General O'Neill and Colonel Carter of Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado springs"

The screen image changed to show pictures of General Ryan, Jack, and Sam wearing their dress blues. "Back to you, Steve."

Jack turned to Sam. "Did you know that it was going to be this big?"

"No, but I hope that's the last we see of them."

"Same here."

"Dad you're home!" Jack turned to see Leroy looking at them.

"Yes we are!" The phone rang then so Jack went to answer it.

"Sam, it's shocking, the corruption that was going on, and the question is: why?"

"Who knows Mom, who knows?" Sam sat down as they watched the news. When Jack walked in, Sam turned to him.

"That was George on the phone. He was watching the news, he couldn't believe what happened."

"Same here, Jack." They watched the news for few more minutes before having dinner, since Noreen had cooked for them all.

The next morning, the story was in the papers and they knew it would take weeks to sort out the evidence and court cases.

The following day, the SGC returned to normal but the personnel were still trying to get over the shock that one of their own was arrested and was part of a group who were planning who knows what. They decided that Colonel Makepeace must have been one of the ones involved in the attempted hijacking of Prometheus.

SG1 started going off world a week later. It gave Sam some time to catch up with her work since she had been away for two months.