samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Chapter 87

Mel turned to look at Grace. She could tell something was bothering her. "Grace, what's wrong, you've been very quiet."

"Grandma, Granddad... Charlie and I know about you two."

"Grace, we are your grandparents, of course you know us." Grace turned and looked at her grandmother.

"We know your secret."

"Secret? What secret?"

Grace got out her phone and dialed a number then she spoke, in a different language, to whoever answered. Selmak recognized the language and turned to Mel, since they had stopped at a traffic light. Mel looked at Jacob and his eyes glowed. She and Mel'tac knew that meant that Selmak knew the language.

He leaned over to Mel, "That's Ancient." He moved back to his spot and continued driving.

Mel and Mel'tac were shocked. She turned to Grace as she hung up the phone. "Grace?"

She took a deep breath. "Charlie and I know about the SGC, the Stargate program, Selmak and Mel'tac."

"That's classified," Jacob said.

"Well, try telling Thor that." She looked out the window.

"You know Thor?" Mel said.

"Yes. Charlie and I met him when we were ten years old. He told us everything and we have even been on his ship. He showed us recordings of what you all do."

"Why?"

"Selmak recognized the Ancient language soon as I spoke it."

"How do you know the language?"

"Thor. He transferred the language to Charlie and me, and tested us to see if we have the Ancient gene, which we do. He also gave us these." She showed Mel a silvery bracelet with a pearly white stone in the middle.

"We only use it for emergencies. He said that my brothers and I are the next evolution toward the Tau'ri becoming the fifth race, but he hasn't told Mom and Dad that... yet."

"We will have to talk to Jack and Sam about this later," Jacob said.

"Grace why are you telling us now?"

"A group of men kidnapped Charlie and me two months ago. No one was around when it happened. I told them that they made a big mistake in kidnapping us. We pressed our emergency buttons and waited. Three hours later the Asgard beamed up not only Charlie and me, but also the ones who kidnapped us. We asked the Asgard to leave us in a room with the leader. We took turns in beating the crap out of the guy while getting information from him. We did the same with the others. When we finished, the Asgard had words with the men then beamed them back in the building and us back to university without anyone knowing what had just occurred."

"Do you know who was behind it?"

"Yes and I'm not saying because I know that you will tell Mom and Dad".

"They have a right to know Grace, you and your brothers are under Asgard protection," Mel said.

"That is what these are for Grandma," again showing her the bracelet and smiling.

"Anyway by the time Charlie and I finished with the guys; there wasn't much for the Asgard to do, so they had a little chit chat."

"Grace what did you and Charlie do?" Jacob asked.

"Lets' see... broken nose, cut lip, lost teeth, couple black eyes, broken arm or two, dislocated shoulder, broken ribs, bruised abdomen, broken leg or two... oh and my favorite... the purple groin," she said with an O'Neill smirk.

"You and Charlie did that to them all?"

"Yep... I think Teal'c would be proud of us."

"You think so?"

"Yes the Asgard recorded what Charlie and I did."

"Well we won't tell Jack and Sam... For now, but if there's another kidnapping attempt, Grace tell them."

"Ok... can I talk to Selmak and Mel'tac?"

"Sure" Grace smiled. She talked to both Tok'ra symbiotes until they stopped at a park, where they all got out and went for a walk. Jacob and Mel could see Grace and Charlie talking quietly; they were ahead of everyone else. They all had a great afternoon and headed back to the hotel.

When they got there, Grace looked over when Jacob, Mel, and Charlie got out. Grace got Charlie's attention and gestured with her head before following Jack and Sam into the hotel. Charlie turned and smiled, then waved to the men who were in a van across the road.

Then he ran across the road. Jacob and Mel saw what Charlie was doing. When they saw one of the guys with a bandage over his nose, they looked at each other then back to Charlie. Charlie said something to them then turned around and ran back to Jacob and Mel just as the van pulled away.

"Charlie!"

"Don't worry Granddad, I told them to leave us alone and gave them a warning on what will happen if they don't."

"And the warning?"

"Asgard guinea pigs." He walked into the hotel. Jacob and Mel looked at each other then walked into the hotel themselves.

The next day they flew back to Colorado Springs. When they all returned to Jack and Sam's house, their younger brothers, Daniel, Teal'c, Lou, and George Hammond greeted them. Jack and Sam left to get some food and supplies for a welcome home barbeque.

Everyone had a great evening, talking, laughing as well catching up. It was late by the time every one left. Jack and Sam were the last ones in bed; it was after midnight by the time they were asleep.

The next morning Jack and Sam took Charlie and Grace to get their Colorado driver's licenses, and then they went to the Ford dealership.

"Ok Grace, Charlie, we're keeping our promise. What color Ford... Escape do you want?" Charlie and Grace were surprised.

"You mean?"

"Yep, now what color?" The car dealer was there talking to them when Jack asked the twins.

They walked over to the Ford Escape selections. "I like this one" Grace said standing next to one.

"Do you want it, Grace?" Sam asked.

"Yes, Mom I do." Grace had chosen a 2003 blue flame model.

"I like this one, and yes, Mom, I do," Charlie said when he stood next to 2003 black Ford Escape.

"Ok. Shall we get the paper work done?" Jack asked.

They walked into the salesman's office where Grace and Charlie filled out the paper work. When done and they received the keys. They gave Jack and Sam a hug before leaving to get into their new vehicles and driving them off the lot while smiling. Jack and Sam left few minutes later.

The next day Teal'c arrived for training with Grace, Charlie, Connor, Liam, and Leroy. He could see that Grace and Charlie been keeping up with their practice. That performed their lesson so well, that he was pleased to advance them to the next level in Jaffa training.

When he was training one on one with Grace and Charlie, he was impressed with their training skills and that they both were able knock Teal'c on his back number of times, when they caught him unawares with moves he never seen before.

When he returned to the SGC, he went to talk to Jack whom he found in his office.

"Teal'c, how did...?" Teal'c closed the door and turned to Jack.

"Teal'c, what has happened?"

"Training went well today, O'Neill."

"And, yet, you closed the door. Why is that?"

"I'm concerned about Grace and Charlie."

"What do you mean Teal'c?"

"I was training them to begin the next level of one on one. They both managed to catch me unawares with moves I've never seen before." Jack sat up.

"What are you saying, Teal'c?"

"I've studied many different Earth training methods and my knowledge of Jaffa training is second only to Master Bra'tac. The moves they used, I've never seen before and their speeds were too fast for me to defend myself."

"Speed... are you suggesting outside training?"

"If you are referring to 'not of Earth'... indeed." Jack looked puzzled by what Teal'c said.

"Thanks for letting me know Teal'c."

"There is something else I've noticed, O'Neill. When did you or Colonel Carter give Charlie and Grace identical bracelets?"

"We haven't... are you sure that they are identical?"

"Indeed."

"I'm going to have a talk with them both tonight, thank you, Teal'c... are you ok?"

"I have recovered."

"That's good to know." Teal'c walked out of Jack's office and walked down to the mess hall.

Jack left his office and went to talk to Sam.

That night after the younger ones were in bed, Jack turned off the TV then he and Sam turned to Grace and Charlie.

"Ok you two. What's going on?" Jack asked.

"What do you mean, Dad?"

"The bracelets for one. Hand to hand moves that had Teal'c on his back before he could make a move." Charlie and Grace looked at each other then back to their parents.

"We know about the SGC, Dad," Grace said.

"What?" Jack and Sam said at the same time.

"That's classified."

"Try telling Thor that," Charlie said.

"You know about Thor?"

"Yes. We know about everything that has been happening at the SGC, the Goa'uld, and Tok'ra... we know about Selmak and Mel'tac, the Asgard, us being the fifth race, the Ancients." Jack turned to Sam.

"I'm going to have to talk to Thor the next time he drops by."

"How long have you known?"

"Since we were ten, Mom, and these bracelets we only use in an emergency. We press the pearly button and the Asgard come."

"Have you called them?"

"Once when we were kidnapped...we dealt with the kidnappers, with the Asgard's help, and we got information from them."

"What information?"

"Who the ring leader is and 'no', Dad, we are not going to tell you because we know what you would do," Charlie said.

"We told the kidnappers to tell their boss that he messed with the wrong people, next time the boss would be an Asgard guinea pig," Grace said.

"Why didn't you tell us that you know about the SGC?" Sam asked.

"We were waiting for you to tell us, when you are ready and since it is classified..." Sam nodded.

"What about the moves you made on Teal'c?"

"We received a mini download thanks to Thor, and don't worry, Dad, it's only training like hand to hand, the Ancient language, reading, and writing."

"Ok. From now on, be careful with your training. If the NID or any rogue group finds out…"

"Trust us Dad; we will be careful."

"I hope so." They talk for another hour before the twins went to bed. Sam turned to Jack.

"Now we know what Thor meant when he spoke to Kinsey, and the Ambassadors, about our family being protected," Sam said.

"Yeah, he really does care."

"Yes, he does. Let's go to bed" Sam stood up and held out her hand. Jack took it and stood then they left to go to bed themselves.

A week later, both Charlie and Grace left for the Academy summer fitness training since they were seventeen years old. The training would take six and half weeks. While they were away, the younger kids went to school and Jack and Sam returned to work.

A month later, they all celebrated when Senator Hays won the presidential nomination, with Kinsey as his Vice President running mate. A few days afterward, Sam went to see George Hammond. Sam drove to his place. When she got out of her SUV, he opened the door, stepped outside, and smiled when he saw who it was.

"Sam, how are you?" She stepped forward and gave him a hug.

"I'm fine Uncle George, can we talk?"

"Sure, come on in, how are Jack and the kids?"

"Good, Charlie and Grace are in basic fitness training."

"Are they seventeen already?"

"Yes." They walked inside and Sam sat down at the kitchen table.

"Would you like a coffee, Sam?"

"I'm fine thanks" He sat down.

"Sam, what is it?"

"You know Henry Hays, personally?"

"Senator Hays, yes."

"Is there any chance you could talk to him?"

"Why?" Sam pulled out a disk and flash drive. She passed them to George.

"Give him these. Give him the disk first. If that is taken away before you can see him, give him the flash drive. Give it to him in person and tell him to look at it straight away."

"What is it?"

"It's a sample of what Kinsey has been up to and tell the Senator not to keep Senator Kinsey as his VP candidate."

"Memories?" Sam nodded.

"How bad?"

"Bad."

"Ok, I'll see what I can do."

"Thank you." Sam then relaxed for a bit. Sam stayed for a little over an hour before returning to the SGC.