samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Chapter 88

The next day, George flew to Washington D.C., after he made some calls. When he got there, he got into a taxi and rode to the Senator's home. Half an hour later, after paying for the fare, he got out, walked up to the door, and knocked on to it. A secret service agent opened the door. George showed him his ID and was allowed to enter.

After he had been searched and had a back ground check done, they escorted him to a large private office.

"George, how are you?" George smiled.

"I'm good, Senator."

"Please sit. What brings you here?" George sat in a very comfortable wingback chair.

"I have something to show you." He removed the disk from his pocket and passed it to Henry.

"What is it?"

"Watch it, please. It's important."

"Ok." He put the disk into his laptop and pushed a few keys.

"There are two files."

"Open them." He opened the first one, read it, and then he looked at George.

"Is this a joke, George? Senator Kinsey... kidnapping, attempted murder?"

"No joke, Sir. What you are reading is just a sample."

"Where on Earth did you get this?"

"I can't say at this time. But you will get to meet the ones who gave it to me and they will tell you everything."

Henry read the second file. It was a video clip of Kinsey from when some guy who had his back to the camera was asking him questions. George could hear the audio playback and was shocked.

"Why didn't you contact General O'Neill or Colonel Carter about the attempted kidnapping of their son, Connor?"

"Why should I? I was hoping that it would happen so that they would get the message, and that they could leave the" then there was beep.

"You knew and did nothing? Then you should be charged for withholding information." Kinsey leaned forward and smirked.

"Who's going to charge me? No one, 'cause it's not going to happen." He sat back then the video stopped.

Henry looked up at George. "My god... who are this general O'Neill and Colonel Carter?"

"I've known both Jack and Sam for years. I served with Sam's father, Jacob Carter, for over forty years in the Air Force. Jack is Lieutenant General Jonathan Jack O'Neill; he's married to Colonel Samantha Carter. Connor is their ten-year-old son... the attempted kidnapping happened three years ago outside his school in Colorado Springs. Both Jack and Sam are stationed at Cheyenne Mountain."

"Why, it's just NORAD. There's something else isn't there?"

"I can't say, it's classified, and if you do become President you will find out much more." Henry sat forward.

"What is this General O'Neill like?"

"He's one man you can trust. He calls a spade a spade and if he doesn't like someone, he will tell him or her that. As for his family," he then chuckled.

"He acts like a big kid, I have seen him with his and other kids. He has a soft spot for them, especially with his kids and Colonel Carter. She is one hell of an amazing woman, solider and scientist. And she's made history a number of times." Henry raised his eyebrows.

"History, as in?"

"First woman to receive the Medal of Honor."

"What did she do to get that?"

"Shot down six MIGs while covering four helicopters all by herself. She was wounded during the air battle. The President presented her the medal himself."

"Really?"

"Yes." They talked more before George left.

Before he left, he shook Henry's hand. "Before I go, I was asked to pass on a message to you... 'Don't let Senator Kinsey be your running mate'." Henry nodded.

"Thanks for that. You take care of yourself."

"You too, and good luck."

"Thanks, George."

General Hammond noticed that he was being followed when he travelled to the airport, and he suspected that they might be NID. When he returned home hours later, he went to bed since it was late, having decided to contact Sam the following day.

The next morning, he phoned Sam to let her know that he had seen Henry and now all they could do was wait for the elections in November.

Two weeks later, was Independence Day. Grace and Charlie were home for the day. They told Jack and Sam about their training and what had happened so far. Everyone had a great time. Daniel and his family were there and so were Teal'c and Lou.

A month later, Charlie and Grace began their studies at the Academy. They were able to get dorm assignments in adjacent buildings.

Over the next three months, SG1 went off world a number of times checking out planets that had not previously been visited. Four times, they returned running through the gate because natives or some kind of ferocious animal was chasing them.

When Election Day arrived, all they could do was watch and wait. When they heard the announcement that Henry Hays had won, they knew they would have to wait and see what would develop. During the transition period between the election and the inauguration, he was briefed about a number of issues.

The following January, Henry Hays took the oath of office. On his first day working in the Oval Office, he headed there with his aide next to him. When he walked in the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff was waiting for him.

When Henry Hays sat down, the general told him about the Stargate program. The President did not want to believe what he had just been told.

"You're joking, right?"

"No, Mr. President." Then there was a knock on the door, it was Senator Kinsey.

The President listened to Senator Kinsey and to the general as they argued.

"Stop"

They looked at the President. "Give me time, will ya? I only found out about the Stargate an hour ago... Both of you please leave me. I need time to think."

When they walked out of his office, Henry sat down and thought about what just happened. He picked up the phone.

"Holly, is General Maynard there?"

"No, Sir, but there's a General O'Neill here to see you, Sir."

"Did he make an appointment?"

"No, Sir." The door opened and Jack walked in wearing his dress blues.

"Mr. President, I'm General O'Neill. George Hammond told you about me... and gave you a disk."

"Sorry, Sir, he..." Holly said. Henry waved his hand to her and his secret service agents.

"It's OK, Holly. Can you have General Maynard return, please?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Do you have a habit of walking in like that, General, without knocking?"

"Sometimes, Sir."

"So what are you doing here?"

"I saw Kinsey when he left here. He didn't sound happy. My guess is you've been informed about the Stargate Program."

"Yes, George said that you're the man to talk to about it." He gestured for Jack to sit down. As he did, there was a knock on the door; it was General Maynard. He walked in.

"Mr. President." Jack stood.

"General," Jack said.

"General O'Neill, what are you going here?"

"I'm here to save the SGC from people like Kinsey."

"Please sit," Henry said.

"General, what have you got against Senator Kinsey?"

"Have you got a couple of hours?" The President raised his eyebrows.

"You're joking, right?"

"I wish I were, Mr. President." He pulled a disk from his pocket and passed it to the President.

"When George saw you a few months back, you saw what was on the disk."

"Yes."

"That is the rest of it. There's enough evidence to put Kinsey and his goons away for a very long time."

"What's on this disk?"

"Blackmail, attempted murder, kidnapping, impersonating an officer."

"Who were they trying to be?" General Maynard asked.

"General Ryan, but only his voice over the phone."

"Why?"

"It's all on the disk; oh, there's also hijacking, assassination, and a number of other things."

"If what you have here is all true, my god, he should be shot."

"Oh it is Mr. President. We just found out last week, that the previous charges against him were dropped because the judge had ties to Kinsey and the NID. That is how he got away with it. Kinsey has his fingers in just about everything." They talked for the next hour before Jack's phone rang.

"Excuse me, Sirs." He stood to answer it.

"Sam, what is it... what, when... oh I'll be there in a minute."

"I'm very sorry, Sir, I have to go. My mother was involved in a car accident."

"I hope she will be Ok."

"Same here. It's strange; she's never been in one before. Mr. President, if you need to talk to me, just pick up the red phone and press 2 that goes straight to my office at the SGC." Then he pulled a white stone from his pocket.

"Compliments of the Asgard." He was beamed away in bright white light.

"Where did he go?"

"He was beamed up to Earth's first space ship, the Prometheus. That light is an Asgard transport beam. He should be in Colorado Springs, now, Sir."

"Wow. Tell me more about this Stargate."

"Here, Sir, read these." The President opened a file.

"This is General O'Neill's personnel file."

"Yes, Sir."

They spent the rest of the day talking about the SGC and about SG1 and Jack. The President was very impressed in the number of metals that both Jack and Sam had received over the years. After the general left, the President was reading when there was a bright light.

He looked up. "Ah, hello?"

"Greetings, Henry Hays. I am Thor, Supreme Commander of the Asgard fleet."

"Asgard, General O'Neill mentioned your... people." Thor blinked his eyes.

"We must talk" Thor was sitting in his command chair.

Thor and the President spoke for the next two hours before Thor left. He then went to see Jack and Sam. When he saw that people surrounded them, he decided to beam up Daniel.

When Jack had beamed back to the SGC, he and Sam left right away to go to the hospital. When they reached the front desk, "Hello can I help you?"

"Yes, Noreen O'Neill was brought in here from a car accident. I'm Colonel Carter. I received a phone about Mom's accident. This is my husband, General O'Neill, her son."

"Hello. She's still in ED. I'll let the doctor know that you are here. You can be seated in the waiting room just across the hall."

"Thank you." Sam held on to Jack hand as they walked into the waiting room and sat down. They noticed other people in there looking at them.

A few minutes later, a doctor in scrubs entered. "General O'Neill?" Jack and Sam stood up and stepped forward.

"How is she?" Jack asked.

"Mrs. O'Neill is one lucky woman, she suffered only a broken arm, and she has a concussion. We're going to keep her for few days' observation."

"What do you mean lucky?" Sam asked.

"The car she was in rolled down a hundred meter embankment. It took the rescue services over an hour to cut her out."

"Can we see her?" Jack asked.

"Yes, this way." They followed the doctor down to the room.

When they got there, "She should be resting but you can go in."

"Thank you," Sam said then she followed Jack into the room. He walked over to the bed and held on to her hand while looking at her.

"Jack," Sam said in shock. He looked at Sam.

"Look, she has the same bracelet." Jack looked down at his mother's other hand and saw the same bracelet as Grace and Charlie.

"I wonder how long she has known," murmured Sam.

"Who knows Sam?"

"Seven years." They turned to Noreen.

"Mom?" She looked at Jack and to Sam.

"Seven years. I have known what you both do."

"Let me guess, a four-foot, naked, gray, alien by the name of Thor," Jack said.

"Yes. He told me everything that you do and about our Ancient ancestors."

"Who hasn't he told?"

"You'll have to ask him, Jack."

"Mom, what happen? You've always been a careful driver."

"It wasn't an accident, Jack. An unmarked van deliberately ran me off the road."

"Were you able to see who was driving it?"

"No, Son, the windows were tinted and there was no license plate, either."

"NID," Sam said.

"Could be, Sam." He turned to his mom.

"Mom, how did you survive the accident?"

"When the car started rolling down the hill, my arm broke immediately and then I hit my head. Before I lost consciousness, I pressed the button." She lifted her arm showing the bracelet.

"There was a bright light and then I woke up here." Sam gave the information some thought.

"Shield?" Jack turned to Sam.

"What?"

"A shield; like a Goa'uld force shield. That's what saved Mom's life."

"Well, then I should be thanking Thor."

"Mom, we will let you get some rest," Sam said when she saw Noreen slowly closing her eyes. Jack kissed her forehead then they walked out of the room.

"Jack, she needs to be guarded, just in case they try again."

"Good idea." They walked out of the hospital just as two Airmen from the SGC arrived.

"General O'Neill, Sir." They saluted.

"What are you doing here?"

"By the order of the President, we are here to guard Mrs. O'Neill, Sir."

"How did he know?"

"You will have to ask him, Sir."

"Oh I will. She's in room eight."

"Yes, Sir." They saluted then walked into the hospital.

"Let's head back to the SGC."