samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back yes please. Picures of the dresses are at *end notes*


Chapter 93

The next day was going to be full on controlled chaos. Grace and Sam left for the Broadmoor Hotel where they met with Noreen, Mel, and Donna. They were all getting a spa treatment with Grace's five bridesmaids. They all talked and laughed, with some giggling, too.

When they left, Donna and Mel returned to their homes while everyone else returned to Jack and Sam's house where they were getting ready. When it was almost time to leave, Sam knocked on Grace's door.

"Come in." Sam opened the door and walked inside.

"Oh, Grace, you look beautiful."

"Thanks Mom. How's Dad?"

"Bored!" Grace laughed.

"Well that's Dad for ya"

"True. Have you got everything: old, new, borrowed, blue?"

"Let's see. Old, no. New, these earrings that Grandma bought for me. Borrowed, this bracelet that's from Donna. Blue is the Air Force garter, compliments of my bridesmaids."

She lifted her dress to reveal the garter, and then lowered it. Sam saw it and looked at the bridesmaids who were grinning, and then she turned back to Grace.

"Well I have something 'old' for you." She passed a box to Grace, who opened it to reveal a single strand pearl necklace.

"Mom?" She looked up at Sam.

"Your great-grandmother wore them on her wedding day; then she gave them to her daughter. I wore them on my wedding day. Now today you get to wear them."

"Oh, Mom, thank you!" Grace took them out of the box and put them on. Then she gave Sam a hug.

"Thank you, Mom."

"You're welcome. Shall we?"

"Yes, we are ready." Grace picked up her bouquet of white roses. They all walked out the door and down stairs.

"Jack," she said when she walked into the foyer. He turned and smiled.

"How's Grace?"

"Why don't you ask her yourself?" Grace walked into the foyer. She was wearing a strapless, sweetheart neckline gown, with a gathered bodice, and A-line shirt with seventy-inch train. She was wearing an Irish heart loop tiara and triple long veil, with one layer over her face. She was carrying a teardrop bouquet of white roses.

"Wow. Grace you look beautiful."

"Thanks, Dad."

He saw the five bridesmaids wearing clover green European satin strapless drop-waist gowns with sweet heart necklines and multi- pleat accent bodice. They were all wearing double fourteen-inch bright silver tone and crystal headbands, and carrying round bouquets of green and white roses.

Each of them also wore an 18 ct. white gold Claddagh pendant, with emerald heart shaped stone. The Maid of Honor wore earrings to match the pendant.

Three flower girls wore matching satin tank bodice dresses, with T length organza skirt featuring interchangeable clover green organza sashes. In their hair, they were also wearing clover green wreaths with flowers and a pearl in the middle of each flower. They were carrying small white baskets holding green and white roses and clover green ribbon around the handles. They all wore 18kt gold four leaf clover pendants with their names on them.

"You girls look lovely," Jack said grinning at them.

Then the two limos arrived. "Shall we?" They all walked outside and got into the two limos.

Jack, Sam, and Grace were in one and the bridesmaids and flower girls rode in the second one. When they arrived at the church, Sam got out first then Jack. Then they helped Grace out of the limo while the bridesmaids and flowers girls were getting out of the other limo. Then they all walked in side to see George there with the pageboys. He grinned when he saw Grace.

"Grace, you look beautiful."

"Thank you, Uncle George." Then the music started.

George escorted Sam down the aisle. She was wearing a sky blue sweetheart neckline and a spaghetti halter strap that left her back bare, highlighting her shoulders. Covered buttons accented the back, and soft gathers at the waist added extra fullness to the dress' flowing A-line skirt. She was wearing a jacket and carrying a purse that matched the dress.

George was wearing his dress blues for the day. When Sam was up the front, George gave her a kiss on the cheek before she sat down. George walked over and took his seat.

Sam smiled when she saw James and Charlie, who is his best man, wearing their Air Force uniforms.

Moments later, the music changed. Every one turned to see the doors open. Every one smiled when they watched the pageboys and girls walking down the aisle. The pageboys were wearing blue suits. Once they were at the front, every one watched as the bridesmaids walked down the aisle. Once they were up the front, the music changed again. Every one stood and turned to see the beautiful bride and her handsome father. Sam turned and smiled when she watched Jack as he escorted Grace down the aisle. They both were smiling.

Sam turned to see James' mouth gape open. She couldn't stop a small giggle. She turned and got Dave's attention, she moved her head and eyes to James. He looked in that direction and his smile got even wider.

Then he whispered to Donna who turned and smiled at the stunned look on James' face; she also took a photo of him. When Jack and Grace reached the front, Jack looked at Grace and said, "Grace, are you sure you still want to go through with this?" which, of course, everyone heard.

"Yes, Dad, so chill."

"Ok."

He turned to James. As he put Grace's hand in to his, "Look after her or else." James smiled.

"I know."

"Good." He turned and gave Grace a kiss on her cheek.

"Are you sure?"

"Dad!"

"Ok, ok." He walked over to Sam as everyone chuckled. Sam leaned over to him.

"You and Grace set that up!" He turned to Sam and grinned.

"Thought so." They turned and listened to the minster, and then everyone sat down.

Jack held on to Sam's hand throughout the service. In the end, every one watched them kiss and sign the marriage license. Once done every one heard, "I am pleased to introduce Mr. and Mrs. James and Grace Dixon." Every one clapped and cheered.

Then the music started, and the bridal party walked back down the aisle. They were followed by Jack and Sam, then Dave and Donna. When everyone walked outside, they all talked to James and Grace for a minute before moving on to head to the reception.

When the limos pulled up, the bridal party got into two of them and then Jack, Sam, Dave, and Donna got into the third one. The wedding party and parents were going to have wedding photos taken in three different locations, before they travelled to the Broadmoor Hotel.

When they finally arrived at the hotel, they all grouped for a final set of wedding photos. Once done, Grace and her Maid of Honor disappeared while everyone went to one of the bars that were set up for the wedding party. They were all having Guinness, green beer, green wine, and sodas for the kids. Servers were walking around the room with trays of munchies for everyone.

When Grace and her Maid of Honor returned, Grace had changed dresses. She was wearing the same type dress as her bridesmaids, but hers was white and she was still wearing her tiara and veil.

Grace walked over to James. They wrapped their arms around each other while talking to some guests. She even had some of James' Guinness, which he didn't mind.

An hour and a half later, every one moved to the main ballroom. When they walked in the table clothes were all white, and the chairs had white covers with green bows. There were green and white balloons everywhere. Locating their assigned table number was easy for everyone, since while they were in the bar they had checked the board showing the seating arrangements.

At the bridal table, were seated Sam, Jack, two bridesmaids, Grace, James, two best men, Donna and Dave. Every one sat down except for James and Grace who were still in the next room.

"Can I have everyone's attention?" George said through the microphone.

"Everyone please stand and applaud the Bride and groom James and Grace Dixon." Everyone stood and clapped just as James and Grace walked into the room.

They walked over to the bridal table and sat down. Then everyone else did. Every one talk for ten minutes while the waiters walked around the tables pouring wine for the adult guests and sodas for the kids.

Then ten minutes later, the servers walked out carrying trays full of food, it was their first course. Sam noticed Jack was looking at the cakes. She leaned over to him. "I know what you're looking forward to tonight." He turned to Sam.

"Why do you say that Sam?" he asked with a grin.

"I know you all too well, Jack." He gave her a kiss when a waiter served their first course. The minster stood up and said a prayer, and then everyone started eating.

Over the next few hours, every one enjoyed themselves. There were messages from the ones who couldn't attend.

When George picked up the microphone, he said, "I've known both James and Grace since they were babies. I've seen them grow up to be a fine young couple who have followed in their fathers' and Sam's footsteps. And now here they are husband and wife...I wish you both many years of happiness." Every one clapped.

"I was asked to pass a message on to the young couple." He unfolded the note.

"Lieutenant James Dixon and Lieutenant Grace O'Neill, congratulations on your marriage. Sorry I could not be there, as you would understand. I wish you both years of happiness as husband and wife and in the Air Force. Lieutenant O'Neill if you are anything like your parents..." he looked up at them and grinned.

"God help the Air Force and this country!" Everyone laughed.

"All the best... Henry Hays, President of the United States of America." Everyone was shocked when George said who had sent the message.

James and Grace grinned and saw several people were shocked by the message. When he sat down someone else stood up, said a few words, and even told a story about James and Grace, which had everyone in fits of laughter.

When it came to cutting the cake, every one took heaps of photos since most of the cameras were disposable ones that were arranged on each of the tables. After the cake was cut, and they fed each other from the green cake, James led Grace to the dance floor where they led the first dance.

After the dance, James removed the garter; he flicked it toward the dance floor full of men. Then Grace threw her bouquet. Following that, James danced with Sam while Grace danced with Dave. The bridal party got up to dance to the next song.

For the following song, Jack danced with Grace. A couple of hours later, supper was served. There was a buffet table of finger food and wedding cake for everyone.

It was after 0100 when Grace and James left the party. Every one gave them a rousing sendoff. Jack and Sam wrapped their arms around each other when Grace and James left the room.

"What a day!" Sam said.

"Yeah, what a day... want to dance?"

"Why not?" They walked to the dance floor and danced to a slow song.

"So how are the renovations coming along?"

"Good, the house should be finished and pass inspection by the time James and Grace return from their honeymoon."

"It's a great idea buying them a house."

"Yeah. Dave and some of the SGC personnel helped out where they could."

"I know... Dave and Donna have given each of their other kids ten thousand dollars to help towards renovations or a deposit on their first homes."

"I know Dave told me about what they had done with the other kids. I told him if we could find a cheap place that needed work, we could use the money that everyone put together and buy a house and fix it up for them, since they didn't want any wedding gifts."

"Well. It was a great idea and I hope they love the house."

"They will, Sam, they will." Then he gave her a kiss. They left taking their sons home an hour later.

Two days later, Sam and all the personnel returned to work. Since SG18 and SG2 were one person down for the next three weeks, she decided to put them together for a five-day mission, which was in two days' time. Sam kept herself busy at work while Jack went to check on the renovations of the house.

When it was complete and passed inspection, he was happy. When he told Sam the good news, she was happy and wanted to see the house. One day after work, Donna and Dave meet Jack and Sam at the house. When they saw it, they were amazed.

"Jack, they are going to love this place!" Sam said.

"I agree," Donna said. Jack unlocked the door and walked inside. He showed them all the rooms of the house while Dave recorded everything.

Jack showed them around the first floor, then the second and showed them the third floor, which had been divided into two rooms, one side, could be for a storage area and the other a guest bedroom or for something else.

When they walked down stairs again, they went out through the back French doors to a large backyard. The space included a new triple garage and barbeque area and a large half-acre section for a play area and place games.

"They are going to love the back yard," Sam said.

"I know, Sam." After they looked around, they walked back to the front of the house where Jack locked the door.

"All we need to do is get their things in here," Jack said looking at Sam. She smiled.

"Alright... I'll give SG2 and SG18 the day off so they can help you move their things." Jack smiled and gave Sam a kiss.

"Thanks, Sam."

"You will have to thank them with beer and pizza."

"No worries." They walked back to their cars and said their good nights to Dave and Donna before the left to head home. Jack and Sam left not long after.



End Notes: Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Till we Meet Again