samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Now you all know where the box ended up at. Feed back yes please


1969
Lieutenant George Hammond had only been on duty for ten minutes when he heard a noise coming from the missile test silo. When he went to the window, he saw a strange round object appear, with water in the middle and a metal ramp.

He watched from where he was as a box came through the water, then the round device and ramp disappeared. He opened the door and walked in and over to the box. He picked it up and noticed a note with his name on it, and a message saying

'Remove note from box and pocket it'

So he did that without the cameras seeing him. Then he turned around so the camera could see what happened, and then he walked out with it and up to his CO’s office to tell him about it and what he saw. The CO took the box and dismissed the lieutenant.

Four hours later, SG1 came through the gate. In the team were Colonel Samantha Carter, Captain Lou Ferretti, Daniel Jackson and Teal'c. When Lieutenant Hammond was going through their things, there was a note with his hand writing on it; he read what it said

'George help them and read the letter now' and then there were two dates.

He thought it was odd. So after sorting their things out he went to the men's room where he opened up the letter, reading

“George, the box that came with this letter is important for the future, what’s in the box you must give to Samantha Carter, Jacob’s daughter, Jonathan Jack O'Neill who lives at 537 park Ave, in Chicago, IL, and Daniel Jackson, he is with his parents on a dig at Giza, Egypt. They must look in to them, if they don't see the lights, try another one. There are crystals, keep them in a safe place until Jack O'Neill asks for them. Help and trust them.”

After he read it, he left to find out from his CO what was to be done with the weapons and other items that the four were carrying.

Three hours later the lieutenant helped the four escape. When it was just the five of them, Sam asked for the note. When she looked at it again, she looked at the lieutenant

”Can I have this”

“Yes ma'am.... Colonel Carter, can you explain this to me?” he showed her the letter. When Sam read it, she smiled, and then she looked at the lieutenant

“Where’s the box?”

“In the back with all of your other stuff.”

Sam went to the back of the truck and got in. She looked through the boxes till she found the box and other items which she passed to Daniel and Lou. Then she zatted the two big boxes before getting out of the back of the truck.

“Is there a place where you can hide this” He looked around.

“Yes, I know a good place”

“Good, do it now.” He went into the wooded area, twenty minutes later he returned.

“It’s done.”

“Good. Wait for couple of months before getting it, and then follow what the letter said.”

“Yes ma'am.”

“I hate to ask, but have you got any money on you?”

“Yes” he took his wallet out.

“I’ve got five hundred dollars.” Sam took it from him.

“Don’t worry, I'll pay you back. Now stand over here” he stood where the other down men were.

“Sorry, I have to do this so you won't get court martialed” then she zatted him once and he collapsed on the ground.

“Sorry, Uncle George, come on let’s get going” then they ran down the road to the intersection.

When Lieutenant Hammond came to, he was on a stretcher “Lieutenant what happened?”

“I don't know, I remember calling out for help then waking up, what happened?”

“The prisoners escaped and all of their things including the box you found are gone.”

“Are you contacting the police?”

“Yes, already have. Let’s get you and the other men into the infirmary.” They loaded George into the back of the truck next to SF, and then they were on their way back to the mountain.

Three months later, George got a week off so on the Friday before, when he left the base; he drove down the road then pulled over and stopped his car. He then got out and went into the wooded area, then returned a few minutes later.

He got back into his car and drove home. When he got home, he knew that his wife was away for a week to look after her sister who had been ill. So he got his duffle bag and put the box in it, then he left to go to the airport.

That night his plane landed in Chicago. He then drove to the hotel where he was spending the night.

The next morning he called a taxi and went to the O'Neill place. When he got there and got out, he walked up the path to the front door, knocked on it, and waited. When the door opened, a man answered it. George could smell the alcohol on his breath and could tell he hadn't had a shower in few days.

“Yeah, what do you want?” he said slightly slurring his words.

“Is Jonathan O'Neill here?”

“Yeah, what's it to ya?”

“I need to talk to him.”

“Whatever” he stepped back.

“Jonathan, you got a visitor” he yelled out, and then George saw a 17 year old boy with shoulder length brown hair.

“I'm Jonathan.”

“I'm George Hammond, is there a place where we can talk in private? It’s important.”

Important my ass, what have you done this time?”

“Nothing, Dad.”

“Nothing, you’re lying” he whacked Jonathan across the back of the head.

“It true! I don't even know this guy!”

“Well he seems to know you” Jonathan turned to look at George.

“How do you know me?”

“I'll tell you... in private.... it's classified.”

“Classified? Bullshit, I'm going to the bar” then he walked out the door.

“Tell your mother, I'll be home tonight.”

“Yeah, right” Jonathan muttered, and then looked at George.

“You better come in” they walked inside and into the living room.

“Is there anyone else in the house?”

“Na, my two younger brothers left this morning. I’ve got two older ones, they are over in 'Nam” George nodded then put the bag on the table.

“Where is your Mom?”

“She’s at work; she won't be home till three. Why?”

“What I'm about to tell you, no one must know.”

“Classified?”

“Yes.” Jonathan sat down and listened to what George said about what happened three months earlier. When he finished, Jonathan looked at George.

“You’re joking, right?”

“I'm not” then he leaned forward and opened the bag, then he opened the box. He picked up one of the wrapped items and unwrapped it.

“Feel this” he passed it to Jack.

“It’s light.”

“From what I was told, when you look into it you will see lights.” Jack looked into it.

“Nope, nothing.”

“Here, try this one” George unwrapped another one and passed it to Jack.

Jack looked into it and froze. George Hammond watched Jack, frozen, for several minutes. Then Jack lowered the binoculars. He closed his eyes and then fainted.

George retrieved the binoculars from Jack, wrapped them in a cloth, and returned them to the box, storing them on the bottom, under the others.

About ten minutes later, Jack groaned and then opened his eyes.

“Are you alright, son?” asked George.

“Oye, talk about a headache and a half!”
Jack looked at him.

“Yeah, wow talk about information” the he looked at the man across from him.

“You want to know, but I don't know where to begin.”

“How about from the beginning?”

“You know Jacob Carter and his daughter Samantha.”

“Yes I do.”

“One of them” he pointed to the box, “Is for her.”

“Yes.... what is it?”

“From the memories I just got, I'm in love with her, but we haven't met.”

“Future?”

“I think so... or alternate realty, I don't know.”

“Perhaps it is from the future you, but why only send your future memories in to the past?”

“That’s classified” Jack shook his head.

“Woo, that is strange saying that!” George smiled.

“Oh god” he sat forward, covering his face.

“Is everything alright?” Jack lifted his head.

“It will be... ask me about it in.... thirty years’ time” George nodded.

“I better get going I’ve got a plane to catch.” They stood up and George closed his bag and picked it up.

“Ah, can I use your phone to call a taxi?”

“Sure, it’s over there on the cabinet.”

“Thanks.”

George walked over to make the call, leaving Jack standing there going over the memories and thinking about what happened to his family now and in the future, which would leave him wondering whom should he marry knowing who he did love once and who he loved before Anubis’ attack earth.

Jack followed George to the front door “Take care of yourself son.”

“You too, sir” Jack said smiling.

“We will meet again.”

“I know we will and look, there are those crystals, that are important.”

“I know” then a taxi showed up. Jack watched George walk to the car.

Once it was gone, he closed the door and looked around the house knowing what was going to happen in two weeks’ time. Now he had the knowledge and the experience of his future self, he knew he had been given a second chance to fix things with his family.

George got to the airport on time and flew to Egypt. When he got there and into his room, he opened his duffel bag and got out his back pack. He then got the box out and put it in his back pack. Once done he left to look for the Jackson family. He knew where to start so he left his hotel room and went looking for them.

A few hours later, he drove to where the Jackson family was working. When he got out of his jeep and picked up his bag, he look around till he saw a small boy walking out of a tent and over to him.

“Hello. I'm Daniel Jackson are you looking for my parents?”

“Hello. I'm George Hammond, where are your parents?”

“They are over there in a hole digging, come on I'll show you.”

“I'm actually looking for you.”

“Me? Why?”

“Can we go in to the tent? There something I want to show you.”

“No” he stepped back. George crouched down and opened his bag up, then he unwrapped one the binoculars to show Daniel.

“That is strange looking artifact.”

“Here hold it, it’s light.” He passed it to Daniel.

“Wow it is light, strange for binoculars to be light.”

“I know. Look in to it and tell me what you see.” Daniel looked into it and froze.

George knew he had gotten the right one so he waited. When Daniel lowered the binoculars, George quickly grabbed them before they slipped out of Daniel’s hand and quickly grabbed him before he collapsed.

George immediately put the binoculars back in the box and in his back pack, then he lifted Daniel up in his arms, while holding the back pack, and carried him into the tent and lay him on a bed. He sat down and waited. When Daniel came to, he opened his eyes and turned his head and sat up.

“Oh, god.... General Hammond.”

“I like the sound of that.” Daniel thought about it then his eyes widened.

“Wow, my future self sure has been busy.” George smiled.

“Have Jack and Sam looked into the binoculars?”

“Only Jack.”

“OK, wow this information I got. It’s amazing.... oh no” he look down and then up again.

“What’s wrong Daniel?”

“My parents.....”

“Whatever happened to your parents, the choice is yours. Sounds like you’ve been given a second chance to make things right with them.”

“Only if...”

“Don’t tell me. I better get going. Take care of yourself son, we will meet again.” Daniel smiled

“I know we will, sir.”

George stood up and stepped forward and shook Daniel’s hand before he walked out of the tent. Daniel got off the bed and stepped outside to watch George leave.

“Who was that Daniel?” his mother asked.

“Ask me that question in few years’ time Mom.”

“Daniel” he turned and looked up at her when his father walked over to them.

“Mom, Dad, I can't tell you who he is yet but one day in the future I will. But remember this, one day I'm going to ask you to listen to me and when that day comes, please listen to me, it will be very important.”

“Daniel, what are you talking about?” his father asked.

“Trust me Dad, both you and Mom are going to be very proud of me, think I'm crazy but I'm not, just trust me OK and one day you will understand.”

“What did that man tell you?” his mother asked.

“Not tell Mom, show me... so find anything?” he said smiling. Then they showed him what they found that day.

When George returned to Colorado Springs, he knew that the best time to show Sam the binoculars would be the next year. So he hid both crystals and box till then.