samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


They saw his eyes open and he looked down and saw Sam eyes open, that made him smile. A tear was falling down her check. The General went to the door and opened it; he asked for one of the guards to get the doctor then returned back to where he was before.

"Everything is going to be fine Sam," he said, then he held onto her hand while the other wiped the tear away. He looked into her eyes and she sent a moose code 'ALWAYS' which made him smile.

"Always" he said back.

Then Doctors and nurses walk in and asked them to leave while they checked on Sam, so he gave her hand a squeeze before they all walked out of the room.

"That was incredible General, are you ok?"

"Yeah, I better sit down." Then he collapsed.

"We need a doctor." Jacob called out then he looked at something and undid Jack jacket and moved it aside.

"Oh no, he's been shot."

"What?"

"I thought the blood was Sam's."

Then a doctor and nursed showed up with a gurney and put Jack onto it and wheeled him into ER. They all stood there in shock.

"We better tell the others." The General said. They walked back to the waiting room.

"Where's Jack?" Daniel asked.

"He collapsed, the blood on his uniform was not just Sam's, but his, he was also shot." Jacob said before he sat down next to Mark. Everyone was shocked with what just happened, they couldn't believe that Jack was also shot and now all they could do was wait. Then a nurse walked in.

"Mark, Jan Carter?"

"Yes?" They both stood up and walk over to the nurse.

"Your children are awake and asking for you."

"Thanks."

"Mark can I see them?"

"Sure Dad." He got up and they followed the nurse to where Rick and Kate were. When they walked into the room, they walked over to their beds and gave them a hug.

"How's Auntie Sam?" Kate asked.

"She's going to be ok." Jacob said.

"Was anyone killed?" Rick asked.

"Yes." Mark said.

"Who?"

"Later, how are you both feeling?"

"Shocked, but ok."

"That's good." They talk for few minutes before Jacob was called out of the room.

"What is it?"

"It your daughter Sir, she's asking for General O'Neill."

"Ok thanks, can I see her?"

"Yes Sir."

"Thanks." Then he walked down to her room and opened the door and walked in, he smiled when he saw her awake.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"Ok, they were shocked that my lungs have healed so quickly, where Jack?"

"Sam, when we walk out of the room he collapsed."

"Oh no, is he ok?" Jacob sat on the bed and looked at her.

"Sam he was also shot, everyone thought it was your blood till I saw the hole, sorry, he's in surgery."

"He healed me, didn't he?"

"Only your lungs, since they both collapsed, and also brought you out of your coma."

"Did any one die?"

"Only one death that I know of."

"Who?"

"Pete, a bullet got him in the heart, he was dead before he hit the ground, sorry Sam." Tears were falling down her checks.

"Why, who were those guys?"

"Gang, Pete and five other officers who were at the wedding put the gang leader and others behind bars after a drug bust and at the court case, they saw the wedding announcement in the paper."

"So it was revenge?"

"Yes." She closed her eyes, then opened them.

"Who else was shot?"

"Several personal and partners, Pete's sister and George, he pulled Cassie down and covered her when the shooting started, I don't know anything about his condition yet. The Chief of staff and President are here; they beamed themselves to the SGC and drove here soon as they heard what happened to you and George."

"I… I just can't believe what has happened."

"I know."

"Mark and the family?"

"Shocked but they are ok." she nodded.

"I'll leave you to get some sleep."

"Thanks Dad, let me know."

"I will." He gave her a kiss on the forehead before he got up just as she closed her eyes and fell a sleep. He walked out of the room when he saw Dr Warner.

"Doctor, any word on Jack O'Neill and George Hammond?"

"Yes they're both going to be ok, General O'Neill did lose a lot of blood, but he will make a full recovery."

"That good news, I'll tell the others, thanks." Then he walked over and into the waiting room where the others were waiting.

"Jacob, is everything alright?" Henry asked.

"Yes, I just spoke to Sam, I told het about Pete and what happened to Jack."

"How did she take it?"

"Not good, but I spoke to Dr Warner, George and Jack is going to be ok." Everyone was relieved that they are going to be fine.

"That is good news to hear, Frances here called a press converse, we would like for you to join us."

"Sure thanks."

"They will be waiting at the Academy."

"Sure, I'll let Mark know."

"We will wait outside" Then they left and went separate ways.

Jacob spoke to Mark for a minute before going outside to waiting SUV. Twenty minutes later they arrived at the hall of the Academy where there were reporters and news media everywhere.

One of the agents took Jacob to a side room while the CO of the base spoke to the media, then the four men walked out onto the stage when flashes went off and media started throwing questions, Frances put his hand up and they all went silent.

"At 1723 this afternoon three men in a dark car fired automatic weapons on a wedding party who were outside of a church. The bride groom's name Pete Shannon is a detective of Colorado springs PD, his bride is Untied States Air Force Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter of Cheyanne Mountain. There were a number of family and friends of the couple who were at the wedding who were shot including Lieutenant General George Hammond and Commanding Officer of Cheyenne Mountain Brigadier General Jack O'Neill. Several people were wounded in the drive by shooting including the two Generals and bride and groom. One officer was killed but his name won't be released until a further date, any questions?" Then he pointed to one up in the front.

"Why is Mr. President here and who are the two other men?"

"Mr. President came here not just for perphishal reasons but also personal reason and for the gentlemen on my left he is Major General Jacob Carter, the bride's father and on my right is Captain Adam Davidson, Colorado Spring PD, next?" Then he pointed to the next person.

"You said the President is here for personal reasons, care to explain?" Then Henry stepped forward.

"Yes that is correct, I've known both General Carter and General Hammond for over thirty years, when I heard what had happened here General Fraises and I arrived here as quickly as possible." Then he pointed to one of the reporters.

"Mr. President, any word on the two Generals' condition?" Then Jacob step forward.

"Both General Hammond and General O'Neill will make a full coverer and return to active duty in due time." Then his cell phone started ringing.

"Excuse me." Then he walked to the side and pulled out his phone to answer it.

While the media was asking one question after another some were looking at Jacob; they saw a shocked look on his face, when he closed the phone he returned and whispered something in Henry's ear, he was shocked and nodded then Jacob left in a hurry.