samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


"She's not taking this well."

"No she's not, it will take time."

"Who are you?"

"General Jack O'Neill."

"Her CO?"

"Yes and friend." Then they heard footsteps.

"Jack." They turned to see Jacob and family walking towards them.

"Jacob, if you guys are here to see Carter, better come back later."

"Why can't I see my own sister." Jack put his hand up.

"Jacob Carter, this is Colin Myers, Pete Shannon's lawyer, he just dropped something off for Carter, and she is resting." Jacob nodded.

"How is she Jack?"

"She's not taking it well; it's going to be hard on her tomorrow."

"The funeral."

"Yeah."

"I better go back to Denver, nice to meet you all." Then he walked away.

"How are you feeling Jack?"

"Just worried about her Jacob."

"You're not the only one."

"I know, I'm going back to my room before a nurse finds me out of bed and chases me with a big needle." Jacob smiled.

"Ok Jack, going to the funeral tomorrow?"

"Carter asked me to go with her for support and I said yes since I'm being released in the morning."

"Ok, talk to you then."

"Ok." Then Jack turned around and walked back to his room.

Jacob walked over to the door to see Sam sleeping, then turned around to his family.

"We will come back this afternoon." Then Mark looked through the window.

"I hope she will be ok for tomorrow."

"Same here Mark, but we both know what she is like."

"True." They turned around and walked out of the hospital.

Sam slept for an hour, when she woke up she picked up the envelope that was on her bedside cabinet and looked at it with her name on it, she opened it up and pulled the letter out and unfold it and read it.

'Sam,

If you get this letter then you know that I've died. I'm sorry with the way thing have been in the past few weeks, I hope you will forgive me for the changes that I did to the wedding, your dress, everything. Day after my funeral will be the reading of my will. Since we are married I'm leaving everything to you, the house, truck everything, including my pension. My insurance will pay off the house so you won't have to worry about the mortgage on it, so far to date; with my pension you will be getting just over $5000 a month tax free. For the next forty years, but with the interest it will last for over fifty years. As for my insurance you will be getting over $750,000 minus the mortgage. My funeral expenses have been update last month so you won't have to worry about that. Sam I'm pleased that Mark introduced me to you, when I saw you the first time when you showed up at Mark's place, you looked better in person than in the photos that Mark showed me and over the past year. Getting to know you and falling in love with you, I knew it was time, the look on your face when I showed you the ring. But I didn't get a chance to ask you why it took you two weeks to give me an answer, now I will never know. Sam you are the best thing in my life in a long time and thank you for making me happy. Whatever happens from now on, I hope you can find happiness again.

Love Pete.

P.S. Your secret is safe with me.

When Sam finish reading the letter, tears were falling down her face, she closed up the letter and put it back in its envelope and looked at it. Then she cried herself to sleep.

Mark and the family did visit Sam that afternoon; they talked for over an hour before they left so Sam could get some more rest. Later that evening, after visiting hours, Jack went to see how Sam was, when he saw her awake he opened the door and walked in.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"Are you ok?"

"No."

"What's wrong, worried about tomorrow?"

"Yes." He walked over to the bed and sat down looking at her.

"Come here." Sam leaned forward and they both hugged and she cried once again as he rubbed her back, a few minutes later, she pulled away from him and reach over to grab couple of tissues so she could wipe her eyes.

"Better?"

"Yes, sorry." She wiped her tears away.

"Hey, don't be, you know that I'll be there for you."

"I know, thanks."

"Want to talk about it?" Sam got the envelope and passed it to Jack.

"Sam?"

"Please read it."

Jack look at Sam for a minute before opening it up and reading it. When he finished reading it, he folded it up and put it back, then passed it to her.

"I don't want anything of his."

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't know Jack."

"Whatever you decided, I'll be there for you." He held on to her hands.

"Thanks."

"Daniel told me that you will be out of here in few days time."

"Yeah."

"Ok, when you do leave here would you like for me to come and get you?"

"Dad's going to come and get me."

"Ok."

"The funeral is at ten at the morning at the church in Denver."

"Ok, I'll get Jacob to take us there since I won't be able to drive for a week."

"Transport has already been taken care of."

"Ok, I better get back to bed, the nurse will be checking on me in few minutes."

"Ok." He lean forward and gave her a kiss.

"If you need me, you know where I am."

"I know." He gave her another kiss before getting up from the bed.

"Night Sam."

"Night Jack."

He gave her hand a squeeze before letting go, he walked to the door and turned and looked at Sam who was looking at him before he opened the door and walked out and closed it, then he walked down to his room.

Sam looks at the envelope before putting it in her draw, then she turned the light down low and lowered the bed then got comfortable before closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep with tears falling down her checks.