samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


A few hours later Sam was awoken up by a voice.

"Sam." She rolled onto her back, but her eyes were still closed.

"Sam." She heard it again, so she opened them and looked around the room and gasped when she saw Pete standing at the end of her bed.

"Pete."

"Yes Sam." He was wearing a suit.

"What… what's going on, am I dreaming?"

"No." she frowned.

"Then what?"

"Now I know why it took you two weeks to answer my question."

"Question?"

"Marriage."

"Oh." She looked down at her hands.

"You're still in love with him." She looked up at him.

"Yes." Tears were falling down her checks.

"I'm sorry about the dress and everything."

"I was going to talk to you about what you did and let you know that I wasn't happy that you changed my dress and not telling me what you did."

"I know, I'm sorry please forgive me."

"I… I forgive you." He smiled at her as tears were falling down her checks.

"Sam, everything goes to you, like I said in the letter, you have made me happy in the short time we had together, thank you."

"Even if my heart and soul belong to Jack?"

"Yes, Sam I want you to have the money, everything, if you sell everything, it's your choice."

"I know."

"Sam can you do one thing for me?"

"What?"

"Be happy."

"I will."

"Thank you, look after yourself."

"I will."

Then he disappeared right in front of her. She cried herself back to sleep a few minutes after he was gone. The next morning Jack showed up in Sam's room, he was wearing his new dress blues; Sam was in hers and also was in a wheel chair.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"Are you ok?" He walked over to her and crouched down as well as held onto her hand.

"I will be."

"Sam, what is it?"

"Pete visited me during the night."

"But he's dead, you mean his sprit?"

"Yes, he wanted me to keep everything, if I sell the house, everything of his, it my choice."

"Ok."

"He knew why it took two weeks in answering his proposal."

"Oh?"

"You."

"Me?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Remember when you came and saw me in my lab and I showed you the ring?"

"Yes I remember."

"It's just that after when martof died and remembering what you said, I knew that my heart and soul will always belong to you and it is still today and Pete's known that since we first meet. I don't know how but he knew deep down that my heart belong to someone else, now he knows."

"Sam, why didn't you tell me back then?"

"We kept it in the room."

"Do you want to bring it out?"

"Yes." Then there was a knock on the door.

"General Hammond's at the door." She said when Sam looked up to see who it was at the door, then back down to Jack.

"We will talk about this later, ok?"

"Ok." He stood up as he gave her hand a squeeze before letting go, the turned around and waved him in, when he opened the door, he walked into the room.

"Jack, Sam how are you doing?"

"Bit ok."

"When you are ready?"

"I'm ready."

Jack pushed Sam out to the waiting limo, George was with them. As soon as they got outside the media was there taking photos of the three of them. The limo door was open for them. Jacob just showed up after Teal'c dropped him off. He was also in his dress blues. He walked over to Sam and bent over to kiss her forehead.

"Sorry I was late, ready?"

"Yes." He nodded.

Jack and George got in first, while Jacob help Sam out of the wheel chair and into the limo, then the driver took the wheel chair and put it in the boot while Jacob got in and closed the door. Sam was sitting next to him and across from Jack. A few seconds later, they were on their way. They were all quiet during the trip, Jacob held onto Sam's hand the whole time. Jack was watching Sam and she knew that she was being watched.

When they arrived at the 'Good Shepherd Catholic' Church over an hour later, the media was also there. When they all got out and Sam was back in the wheel chair, Mark and the family showed up and gave her a hug, then Pete's family walked over to them and talked for couple of minutes before they all walked into the church. Jacob pushed Sam's wheel chair in with Jack and George behind them.

Sam was up front where Pete's coffin was. Jacob and Pete's families were also up the front. Jack sat behind Sam, so she knew that he was close to her. Jacob was sitting next to her. George was next to Jack with Cassie, Daniel and Teal'c. The church was packed with police, Air Force and Marine personal from the SGC.

During the service, Sam started to cry, so Jacob wrapped his arm around her for support. Jack pulled out a couple of hankies then lean forward to pass them to Jacob from over his shoulder, who then took them and passed them to Sam so she could wipe her eyes.

When the service was over, six officers in uniform carried Pete's coffin out with Jacob pushing Sam behind it then family followed them, then Jack and the others followed them till they were outside where the media was waiting for them.

Jack and the others watched as the casket and flowers were put in the back of the hurse then Jacob gave Jack and George a nod knowing that they were going to head to their waiting limo. So they got there first and were in by the time Sam and Jacob showed up.

When Sam got in she was sitting next to Jack; she went into his arms straight away crying, he put his arms around her just as Jacob got in and the door was closed.

"Hey, everything is going to be ok Sam." Jack said to her she looked up at his with red puffy eyes.

"During the service I was thinking about all the guys that fall in love with me and died, I'm curse Jack."

"What, no you're not curse, don't you ever think that."

"I am. If any guy loves me they would die."

"Sam, am I dead?"

"No."

"Daniel, Teal'c, George, LT Simmons, Felger, Thor?"

"No."

"Half of the single males of the SGC?" Sam frowned.

"Are you saying that half of the single males of the SGC love me?"

"Yep, I've seen the way they look at you, the way they smile at you like they are on cloud nine, it's like who needs Hathor when we've got Sam, Hathor used whatever stuff to made guys fall in love with her. With you just one look at you and you got them wrapped around your little finger."

He held up her hand for her to look at it and wiggle her little finger at her, which made her smile. George and Jacob look at them both and listen to them, they saw Sam really smile for the first time in over a week, they knew that Jack could make her smile like that.

"Thanks Jack."

"Think nothing of it."

He held her close, kissing top of her head, not realising that the limo was moving.

"Just remember you're not curse ok, if you were George here would have had one bad headache trying to find all those replacements who got the hots for you and would have died, well he would have been one of them."

"I guess you're right."

"Have you had any breakfast this morning?"

"No."

"Sam what am I going to do with you?"

"Just hold me like you are doing now."

"Ok, but I'm going to make sure you do have something to eat and drink before we leave."

"Is that an order?"

"I don't want to make it an order Sam."

"I'll think about it."

"Ok, even if I have to feed you."

"You wouldn't dare." She looked up at him; she could see it in his eyes and the smirk on his face.

"You would."

"Yes I would because I care about you and I'm not the only one."

"I know."

Then she looked at George and Jacob, then she layed her heads back on his shoulder and closed her eyes.

"Jack, what are you going to do when we get back to the Springs?" Jacob asked.

"First thing is to get Sam settled in then, I'll go home, after that I don't know."

"Ok."