samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


A few minutes later the limo stopped, Sam opened her eyes and sat up straight, even through she was still sore, before the door opened. Jacob got out first, then George, Jacob helped Sam into the wheel chair and moved it out of the way so Jack could get out.

Jacob wheeled Sam over so she could see the six officers move the coffin from the back of the hurse over to where Pete was being buried. Then everyone else showed up and gathered around for the finial part of the service. When it was over, everyone spoke to Sam and Pete's parents and family, before heading to their cars.

"Sam when you are ready." Jacob said.

"Dad I would like to be alone for a minute."

"Sure, let me know when you are ready."

"Thanks."

Jacob walked over to where Jack and the others were. Sam was still at the same spot during the funeral. She looked at the head stone it read:

'Pete Shane Shannon 1965-2004loving husband of Samantha Elizabeth Carter Shannon'

"Well Pete, this is good bye and for me to be happy, don't worry I will, I'll never forget you." Then she felt a warm breeze go through her, knowing it was Pete.

She turned her heard to see Jack looking at her; she gave him a small smile and a nod to let him know that it she was ready to leave. Jack gave Jacob a nudge and a nod towards Sam's direction. Jacob looked at Sam and walked over to her.

"Ready kiddo?"

"Yes Dad, I'm ready." Jacob pushed the wheel chair over to the limo. Jack and George got in, then Sam did. Once she was in, Jacob got in while the driver sorted out the chair. A minute later they were on their way to the hall where they were having the wake. The media were present at the funeral and a couple stayed afterward till the limo was gone so they could have a closer look at the flowers and head stone. "I feel sorry for the wife." "What do you mean?" the second guy asked.

"You're not from around here are you?"

"No Washington Post."

"Ah."

"What do you mean about the wife?"

"He was killed on their wedding day right outside the church, she almost died."

"What, we weren't told that."

"Well it's true, they just finished having some photos taken when there was a drive by shooting, police, Air Force and Marines were hit."

"Marines?"

"Yeah, Colonel Carter knows a lot of them, they were at the wedding."

"Wow, any kids hurt?"

"No luckily, the main targets were the cops, but others got hit."

"Happy day turns tragedy."

"Yeah."

"Who were the three Generals that were with the widow?"

"The one that was pushing the wheel chair is the widow's father from what I found out; his name is Major General Jacob Carter."

"Wow, the other two?"

"Lieutenant George Hammond, former CO of Cheyanne Mountain and close friend of General Carter."

"The last guy?" He was writing everything down.

"Brigadier General Jonathan 'Jack' O'Neill."

"One 'L' or two?"

"Two."

"And who is he to the widow?"

"Friend and CO, he was a colonel and the Second in Command of Cheyenne and Colonel Carter's CO till he was promoted ten months ago and now he is in change of the place and Colonel Carter is his Second in Command. They've known one another for almost nine years."

"Wow, that is interesting alright."

"Yeah, from what I was told, they both were happy on their wedding day."

"At least he died knowing what she look like on their wedding day." "True."

"Did they get the guys who did this?"

"Yeah, come back with me and I'll show you everything."

"Thanks."

They both looked at the grave one last time before they left.

When the limo arrived at the hall, they all got out and walked inside. Jacob pushed Sam inside where it was crowed, Jacob push Sam to a table. While Jack got two cups of tea and a plate of finger food, then he work his way back over to the table and put the cup and saucer down in front of her, then he put his down and the food. He got a chair and sat down next to Sam where they can see everyone.

"Hey, are you ok?"

"Yeah."

"Here drink this."

"Thanks."

She took a couple of mouth fulls while looking around, she saw Mark and his family walk over to her and sit down.

"Sam, General."

"Mark, Jan, how are you guys holding up?" Jack asked.

"Ok I guess."

Jack nodded, then turned to Sam, he picked up a sandwich and passed her to her, she shook her head.

"Sam, please, even if it just one bite?"

She looked at him and saw the love and concern in his eyes, and then she looked at the sandwich that was in his hand. She open her mouth and he took that as a good sign and put the sandwich in her mouth and she closed it and bite a piece off, he moved it away and watched her chew it, which made him smile.

Jacob, George, Daniel, Teal'c, Cassie and some of the others there watched what happened and smile when she took a bite which made them smile. When their friends show up and sat down

"Sam it's good to see you eating, even if it a bite of a sandwich." Daniel said.

"Thanks."

Jack put the sandwich back on the plate and tried to get her to take another bit later. They all talked for a while, Jack was able to get her to eat some more which pleased every one. Even Rick and Kate managed to get her to eat something. Three hours later Jack noticed how tired Sam was getting.

"We might as well head back."

"I would like to say good bye first to Pete's parents." Sam said.

"Sure, we will wait here."

"I'll take her Dad." Mark said when he stood up.

"Ok thanks, Son."

Mark took Sam over to where Pete's parents were, the others looked over to where they were.

"When is Sam being released Jack?" Daniel asked.

"Well, it was supposed to be in three days, but since she hasn't been eating till today, I don't know."

"Ok."

They watched her talk to the parents before saying her good byes to them, then Mark took her back to their table as they all stood up. They all left together, on the way out Sam said her good byes to the ones whom she spoke to and thanked them for being there before leaving.