samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


On the way back to the Springs, Sam fell asleep leaning against Jack. When they arrived at the hospital, Jack was able to wake Sam up.

"Sam."

"Mmm?"

"Wakie, wakie, we're back at the hospital." Sam opened her eyes and lifted her head and looked around.

"Come on, as soon as you are in your room, and changed, you can crawl into bed and get some rest."

"Ok."

Sam got out of the limo and got in the chair, then Jack got out. They all walked back into the hospital with Jacob pushing Sam's chair. When they arrived in her room, they all walked out while the nursing staff helped Sam get changed and get into bed.

Once everything was taken care of, the nursed told the guys that they could go in to see her before they left. They walked in to see her almost asleep. Jacob and George said their good byes before leaving Jack alone with her.

"Hey, why don't you get some rest, I'll drop by tomorrow."

"Ok."

"If you need me, I'm a phone call away."

"I know, thanks for being there for me."

"Think nothing of it Sam; I'll always be there for you."

"I know."

"Why don't you get some sleep and I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Ok, thanks Jack."

He gave her a kiss before leaving the room, when he opened the door he turned to see Sam's eyes closed and falling into a peaceful sleep. When he walked outside, Teal'c was waiting for him in his truck.

"Thanks, Teal'c."

"Where to O'Neill?"

"Home thanks, it's been a long day." Teal'c drove Jack back to his house, when they arrived there Jack got out.

"Thanks Teal'c, see you later." Then he closed the door and walked up the path to his home as Teal'c drove back to the SGC.

Jack opened his door to his home and walked in and closed it behind him. It was the first time home for almost a week; he went and got changed out of his dress blues.

Then he made himself a cup of coffee before checking his messages, there was one from his parents saying that they saw the news about what happened and asked him to call them soon as he could, so he picked up the phone and gave them a call.

"Hello?"

"Hi dad."

"Jonny?"

"Yes Dad, it's me, I got Mum's message, how is she?"

"Worried, we saw what happened on the news. How's your friend doing?"

"She's taking it hard."

"I bet, how about you?" Jack collapsed on the couch.

"Ok I'm getting better, I've got to take it easy for a while before I can return back to work."

"Ok so are you going up to your cabin for a while?"

"No I'm letting the Carter family use it, they need it more than I do and it will give them some privacy."

"The bride's family?"

"Yes."

"That's good of you, so what are you going to do?"

"Well is it ok with you and Mum if I stay with you guys for a while, I know we've hardly seen one another over the years."

"You know you're more than welcome, Son."

"Thanks Dad, it will be a few days before I pop over."

"Ok."

"Is Mum there?"

"She's out at a women's group."

"Ah, ok I'll talk you guys in few days time."

"Ok Son, you look after yourself."

"I will Dad, see ya." Then they both hang up.

An hour later Jack went into town and did some shopping, lots of people looked at him and recognised him from the news. After he did his shopping and paid some bills, he headed on home for the evening.

The next morning he drove into town to pick up some flowers for Sam before heading to the hospital. When he arrived there, he picked up the roses and parcel and walked in and headed to Sam's room. When he looked through the door she wasn't in there.

"General O'Neill." Jack turned to see a nurse walk over to him.

"Lieutenant, where's Colonel Carter?"

"She having a shower sir, she shouldn't be too long."

"Thanks, can you get a vase or something for these?" She smiled at him.

"Sure thing Sir, why don't you go into her room and wait for her?"

"Thanks." Then the nurse left to get a vase.

Jack walked in and put the parcel on the bed and the roses on the table. He looked out the window with his hands in his pocket, when he heard the door open; he turned around to see the nurse there with a vase full of water.

"Thanks." He walked over as she passed him the vase.

"How are you feeling Sir?"

"Good."

"That's good to hear, I better get back to work."

"Ok, thanks for the vase." She smiled before turning around and leaving.

Jack put the roses in the vase and put them on the table, then he looked at what Sam had been reading when he heard the door open, he looked up and smiled when it was Sam walking in.

"Sir?"

"Sam, how are you feeling?" He walked over to her and helped her to her bed.

"Better thanks."

"Here, let me."

She took her robe off and passed it to him and her toilet bag; he hung up the robe and put her bag away while she got back into bed when she saw the roses.

"Sir, did you get me roses?"

"Yes. I know you like red and white together." She gave him one of her special O'Neill smiles that he missed. He pulled out two of the roses and passed them to her so she could smell them. He watched her smell them which made her smile even bigger.

"Thank you Sir" She passed them back to him and he put them back into the vase.

"Well at least I got a smile out of you."

"You know how to cheer me up."

"I know." He sat on the edge of the bed.

"Sam I'm going to be away for a while."

"Where are you going Sir?"

"For one call me Jack when we are alone and second to Chicago to see my folks, they saw on the news about the shooting, it seems that the Air Force didn't warn them about what happened to me and since I haven't seen them in years, I'm going to stay with them for a bit while you and your family are using my cabin. I've already contacted a friend of mine over at Silver Creek who is the sheriff there. I've told him that you guys are going to be using my cabin and to keep an eye out for any nosy reporters, which he will do and make sure you guys are left alone unless there is an emergency."

"Thanks, can he be trusted?" Jack smiled.

"Yes, he used to be Air Force, we were in black ops together, till he retired after what happen in Iran and with what happen to me, he took up the job as sheriff where he is today."

"What if I wanted to talk to you?"

"I'll have my cell on me."

"Ok." Then she looked around when she saw the parcel, Jack noticed that she'd seen it, so he turned and picked it up and passed it to her.

"I hope this will cheer you up while I'm away." Sam took off the paper and opened the box; she pulled out a pail pink care bear with a rainbow on the front.

"A care bear?"

"Yes, her name is 'Cheer Bear'; she's here to cheer you up when I'm not around."

"Thank you Jack." She held onto his hand and gave it a squeeze, which he did in return.

"Have you eaten at all since yesterday?"

"Yes, but the meals here are terrible." Jack laughed.

"Well, I gave Teal'c permission to bring blue jello when he visits since they don't have the stuff here."

"Thanks, when are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow." She looked down at the bear and then back up at Jack, he was still looking at her.

"Jack, how do I know where your cabin is, when I haven't been there?"

"I'll give Jacob directions on how to get there and also if you guys get lost you can call Teal'c, Andy or me."

"Who's Andy?"

"Sheriff."

"Ok."

"Sam, you're going to love the cabin, trust me."

"You know I do Jack."

"Good, so what do you feel like doing today and there is no work, remember?" She smiled at him.

"Well, if you want to, you can take me to Denver."

"Why?"

"Reading of the will is this morning."

"Oh, are you sure you're up to it?"

"Yes and I also want to do a few things today."

"Sure, when do you want to leave?"

"Soon as I'm dressed, Jan dropped something off last night."

"Ok, I'll let you get dressed while I'll go and get a wheel chair since your still not strong enough to walk long distances."

"Thanks." He leaned over and gave her a kiss before standing up and walking out of the room.