samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Half an hour later Sam was changed and in Jack's truck. They'd just left the hospital for Denver. They didn't talk on the way, but Jack did look at Sam every now and then on the way, he could tell she was thinking. When they arrived at the outskirts of Denver

"Where do you want to go first Sam?"

"Lawyers office, the reading of the will is in twenty minutes."

"Sure, where is it?"

After Sam told Jack where it was and how to get there, he drove her there. When they arrived, he helped her into the wheel chair and then into the building. When they reached the fifth floor, Jack pushed Sam to the reception area when they heard

"Sam." Jack stoped and turned around to see Pete's brother walking over to them; Jack turned the wheel chair around.

"Rob."

"What are you doing here?"

"Reading of the will is today is it not?"

"Yes, are you sure you're up to it?"

"Yes." Then they heard a door open and a guy walked out, Sam recognised him as Colin Myers, Pete's Lawyer.

"Mrs Shannon, this is a surprise to see you here."

"Thanks."

"Is the rest of the family here?" Then the door opened, they all turned to see the rest of the family walking in.

"I think that answers your question." Jack said.

"Ok shall we?"

"I'll take her in General, if that is ok?"

"Sure, I'll be waiting out here for her."

"Ok."

Jack gave Sam's shoulder a squeeze before letting go and standing back and watching Rob push Sam into the lawyer's office and the door closed behind them. Jack walked over and sat down in the waiting room looking out the window, lost in thought.

Ten minutes later he could here yelling, he recognised Sam's voice so he got up and walked over to the door and opened it without knocking, he could see two of Pete's brothers yelling at Sam and she was yelling back.

"What's going on here?" Jack said in his General tone of voice, making them all jump, then he saw the back of Sam, when she turned her head around, he could see that she'd been crying.

"It is none of your damn business," One of the bothers said.

"Hell it is when I can hear yelling from outside." He walked in and around to crouch down in front of Sam.

"Carter, are you ok?" he said in softer tone.

"I will be Sir" He nodded then stood up and looked around.

"What was all the yelling about?"

"Sam gets everything and we get nothing."

"Why, what was it that you wanted?"

"Our grandfather's watch."

"Is that all?"

"There are other family heirlooms." Pete's father said.

"Right."

"Sir." Jack turned and looked at Sam.

"Carter?"

"I'll give them the family heirlooms."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." He nodded then he turned to the others.

"All you had to do is just ask her and not make demands like I've been hearing outside, what sort of people are you, your son, brother hasn't even been buried more than a day and you're arguing over the will?" He shook his head at them.

"Sir?" Jack looked at Sam.

"Can we go please?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Ok." Then he looked at the others in the room.

"Carter will contact you when she is ready about the stuff."

Then he walked behind her and pushed the chair out of the office and towards the elevator. A few minutes later they were in his truck.

"Where do you want to go now Sam?"

"The park."

"Ok."

He started up his truck and drove to a park he saw when they were driving into town. When he found a place to park, he helped Sam out and into the wheel chair. Once his truck was locked up he pushed her through the park not saying a thing for few minutes.

"Jack can we stop over there where the bench is?"

"Sure." He pushed her over to where the bench was and stoped. He sat down facing her.

"Are you sure you're ok, want anything to eat, drink?"

"Drink, thanks."

"Ok, I'll be right back, what would you like?"

"Water, thanks."

"Ok."

He gave her hand a squeeze before standing up and walking over to where drinks were sold and got two bottles of water then returned and passed a bottle to her before he sat down in front of her.

"This is where he proposed to me."

"Where, here?"

"Yeah."

"Oh." He took a mouth full of water while looking at her.

"Sam, can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Why did it take two weeks to answer his question?"

Sam looked at Jack then down at the bottle before answering his question, and then she looked back up at him.

"Well, for one it was a shock when he showed me the ring but it was you, you're the reason Jack."

"Me?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, you, remember when I showed you the ring and when I asked you if things were different."

"I wouldn't be here, I remember."

"What did you mean by that?"

"Well I could have been still frozen, still be colonel or retired, take your pick." She nodded they were quiet for few minutes.

"Sam, why did you ask?"

"I just want to know if you've still got feelings for me."

"Feelings?"

"'I care about her lot more than I'm supposed to' feelings."

"Oh, those, yes."

"Do you still have them?" He looked at her.

"Yes." She closed her eyes, then opened them a minute later.

"What do you want to do Jack?"

"I don't know, I guess I want to get to know Samantha Carter not Colonel Carter."

"Same here." Jack raised both eyebrows.

"You wanted to get to know you?" Sam laughed culching her stomach and screwing up her face.

"Sorry, are you ok?"

"Yeah." She looked at him.

"Jack, what I meant to say is I want to get to know you."

"Oh, are you sure you want to get to know me?"

"Yes." They both smiled.

"Feeling better?"

"Yes, thanks."

"So where would you like to go now?"

"The bathroom."

"Oh, ok."

He stood up and walked behind her and he started pushing the wheel chair to where the wheel chair toilets were and he push her in and into one of the toilets.

"Will you be ok, or will you need some help?"

"I'll be ok, thanks."

"Ok I'll wait out side, let me know when you're finished."

"Ok." She passed him her bottle before he walked outside and closed the door. A few minutes later

"Jack." He opened the door and saw her drying her hands.

"Better?"

"Yes thanks."

"Good." He passed her, her bottle then he pushed her back outside and over to the men's toilets, he passed her his bottle.

"I need to pee."

"Ok."

Jack walk into the men's room and he relieved himself, when finished there and he washed and dried his hands, he walked back outside to where Sam was.

"Ok, now what would you like to do?"

"Go to the mall and do some shopping, it been a long time since I went to a mall."

"Ok, the mall it is."

He pushed her back to his truck, once they both were in, he started up his truck and they headed to the mall. When they arrived there, Jack parked his tuck in a wheel chair car park since he had a wheel chair card that was on his dashboard.

After he helped Sam into the wheel chair, he wheeled her into the big building. They spent the rest of the day looking around, doing some shopping, having lunch; just enjoying one another's company.