samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


"Hey are you ok?"

"Yeah, I will be."

"Want to talk about it?"

"Later" she pulled back and turned to Jack.

"Sorry sir."

"Hey, it ok, come here." She stepped up to him and they both hugged for a minute before pulling apart.

"Now can someone please tell me what's going on?" She looked at Jack then at Jacob.

"Sam you better sit down." Jacob said. They all walked into the living room and sat down.

"Sam, when Thor removed all that crap from me, he left something in there for me to use, but he warned me that it would tire me out." She looked at Jack then at her father.

"Oh my god, healing powers of the ancients." She looked at Jack.

"Yes, and I've noticed that Dad he wasn't himself and it had something to do with Selmac, so we can talked and he told me, so I brought him here so I could heal him." She turned to her father.

"Dad?"

"Selmac is here and alive thanks to Jack."

"The poison?"

"Don't worry Sam, Dad will flush it out in time." Jack said grinning.

"Dad, how does Selmac feel?"

"Like a new born symboite instead of a two thousand year old." Sam giggled.

"That's good to hear, and you?"

"I feel great, just like when I first blended with her, but stronger."

"That good to know." Then she turned to Jack.

"Thank-you Sir, for saving both Dad and Selmac's lives."

"Hey, that is what families are for."

"Jack thanks."

"No problem, so who feels like eel for dinner?" Both Sam and Jacob grabbed a cushion and threw it at him then they all laughed.

"Sir, you don't want to get on the wrong side of Selmac."

"Hey, just joking, you know lighten the mood, so, how about pizza then?"

"Sounds good to me, Jack."

"Same here Sir."

"Cool, I'll go and get us some pizza while you two chat." He got up and got his coat and keys.

"I'll be back soon."

"Take your time Sir." He smiled at her before he left them alone. Sam turned to look at her father.

"Dad, what do you think of Pete?"

"He's nosy."

"Dad."

"Sam, are you happy?"

"Yes."

"Sam, are you really happy with Pete or is it you're trying to move on from Jack?"

Sam didn't know what to say she knew that he knew about what happened four years ago when she figured out that her and Jack weren't Zantacs. That they were trying to hide their true feelings from each other and how they both changed over the years, how they missed one another after Teal'c and Daniel told her after they found her, about what Jack was going through when she was missing.

How Mark introduced her to Pete and how she decided to try to move on with her life knowing she can't be with the one man she truly loves. She looked away from her father as tears were starting to build up as she bit her bottom lip.

"You're still in love with Jack."

"Yes." she said quietly. She felt his finger on her chin and made her look at him

"Is it the rules standing in the way of true happiness Sam?"

"Dad" he moved his hands away and put them on his lap while still looking at Sam.

"Sam, you joined the Air Force because of me, you have done so much over the years, it's about time you think of yourself and what you want."

"Dad, you know the rules."

"I know, and look how far you have come, you have done things that no one has ever imagined, and you are the first female to go through the gate, Sam the war is over, whatever you decide, I'll be behind you."

"Thanks Dad" they both hug. When they pulled apart they both were smiling.

"As for Pete, the choice is yours."

"Dad, before when you and Mum were married, did you two decided on what house to buy, or did you choice it?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Just asking."

"I was away a lot back in the sixties. When it came to the wedding, we both chose together, the cake, the caterers, every thing including our first house." then he chuckled.

"What?"

"When we were deciding on what shape cake we wanted, you mother wanted square and I wanted round, so we talked to the woman who was doing our cake she suggested that we have both, square, round on top of the square and round on top. It was different so we both agreed on it. As for the house, I was away for five months, we did keep in contact, when I returned, she showed me photos of the houses she like so I went over them. There were fifty three photos, so I went through them and chose the house I liked. When I showed her, she smiled and told me to look on the back, so I did."

"What was on the back?"

"Number one, she numbered them from the one she like right through, so the next day we went to sign the papers for the house. When we moved in a month later we both were so happy she said that she wanted to christen every room in the house."

"Christen as in?"

"Mark was born nine months later," he said smiling.

"Dad, that is so TMI" she screwed her face up.

"TMI?"

"Too much information." He laughed. Then they heard a car pull up, so Sam got up and walked over to the window.