samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


"Who is it Sam?"

"I don't know who she is, I haven't seen her before." They watched the woman walk up the steps and knock on the door. Sam waited then she opened up the door.

"Hello, can I help you?"

"Hi, is General O'Neill home?"

"No, who are you?"

"Agent Kerry Johnson, I had a meeting with General O'Neill an hour ago, but he didn't show up."

"Ah, yes, you're here to look into Kinsey and the Trust, I remember him telling me you we coming but the meeting wasn't till tomorrow."

"I changed the meeting time."

"Well, he's not here at the moment, perhaps tomorrow on the base."

"Sure, you are?"

"Colonel Samantha Carter."

"Hi, nice to meet you." then black SUV showed up.

"Hi Sam, where's Jack?" Daniel asked as he got out.

"Gone to get some pizza." Then Teal'c got out of the passager side.

"We did as well and got some drinks since I don't know if Jack's got any in?"

"Yes he has two Guinness left in the fridge." They opened the back door to get the drinks and pizzas out. Sam noticed a smaller box on top.

"I hope there are chocolate donuts with cream in that box Teal'c."

"And if there aren't Sam?"

"I won't be happy," Jacob said coming up behind Sam.

"Hello."

"Hello."

"Agent Kerry Johnson, my father Jacob Carter, host to Selmac."

"Hi" then they guys walked into the house.

"Don't worry Jacob; your favourite is in there."

"Thanks" then Sam's cell phone rang as the guys walked into the house.

"Excuse me."

"I better go since you've got friends here."

"Carter." she smiled.

"No eel… did you want Dad and Selmac to torture you?" she laughed.

"Jack" Jacob, asked, she nodded.

"How many pizzas did you get?… Ok well you better get some drinks; Teal'c and Daniel are here… Yes, he brought donuts… Hey, did you have a meeting with Agent Kerry Johnson tonight… Well she is here on your door step… Ok, I'll tell her… Yes it's a woman… Funny, see you when you get here… No, no snakes… Ok see you soon." then she hung up.

"Sorry, he didn't know that the meeting was changed and will meet you tomorrow at nine."

"Ok, sorry for disturbing you."

"You weren't to know."

"Bye."

"Bye." Then she turned around and walked down the steps.

"She's jealous." Jacob whispered to Sam as she closed the door she turned and looked at him.

"Why do you say that, Dad?"

"Well for one, the phone call. She saw your left hand."

"Oh."

"What did Jack say?" as they walked into the living room and sat down.

"He wanted to buy eel and you heard what I said?"

"Yes, I did."

"He was teasing, anyway he is on his way back now with eel free pizza." She put her hands up.

"That's what he said, but he did buy a couple of packets of snakes."

"Snakes?" Jacob raised an eyebrow.

"Don't worry dad, you can tease him all you like later."

"Ok." They both sat down and talked to Teal'c and Daniel as well as having a slice of pizza till Jack returned home.

When they heard him show up, Sam got up and opened the door for him. He passed four pizza boxes to Sam so she could take them in to the living room while Jack went to put the drinks into the fridge. He then returned with some and passed them around before sitting down next to Sam after passing drinks around. They all talked and laughed throughout the evening. When Jack brought the packets of snakes out and showed Jacob, he just shook his head.

"Well, since Sam here said no to eels, I brought the next best thing."

"Jack, you're living on the edge." Daniel said.

"Hey, I have been for years."

"True." He opened them up and put them on the table before sitting down again.

They talked for another hour. Daniel was watching what was going on between Jack and Sam, he even noticed the change in Jacob, he was stronger, and healthier than he was that morning.

"Ok, what's going on here?"

"Daniel?" Jack said.

"Jack, after we talked in your office about Jacob here, finding out an hour later you both left the base, we show up here and you're healthy as a horse." Daniel said, pointing to Jacob.

"So what gives?"

"You remember when I had the download again last year and it was more advanced than the first time?"

"Yes."

"Well, Thor didn't remove everything from me."

"What?"

"What didn't he remove O'Neill?"

"Healing powers of the Ancients, he left them with me as a thank-you gesture for saving his planet from the bugs."

"Why didn't you tell us this before?"

"I don't know."

"Ok, so what has it got to do with Jacob?" Sam turned and looked to her father and held on to his hand.

Jacob told them what happened and how long he was ill for, right up till Jack healed both him and Selmac. When he finished telling them, the room was silence, so Daniel and Teal'c could get over the shock with what they been told.

"Do the Tok'ra know what has happened?"

"Yes, and when Selmac asked them for me to return back here, they said 'no', so I did what I did and now I'm home."

"What about Selmac?"

"She understands and supports me all the way. The Tok'ra might change their ways now the war is over with the Goa'uld."

"I hope so too Dad." Sam said.

"Jacob, we know that you met Pete Shannon, what do you think of him?" Daniel asked.

"He's nosy."

"True."

"From the time I was talking to him, he kept putting his foot in his mouth and called Selmac a thing."

"Do you like him?"

"It's up to Sam, she knows how I feel." He looked at her and smiled.

"Ok." They talked about other things for the next two hours before they all left for the night. Jacob went with Sam back to her place for the night. When they arrived home the lights were on in the house.

"Sam, did you leave your lights on?"

"No, I haven't been home for four days."

"Want to call Jack?"

"Na, we can handle it, come on." They got out and Sam locked the doors before they slowly walked up to her house. She looked around.

"Great" she muttered.

"Sam?" She turned and looked at him.

"Pete's here."

"Did you give him a spare key?"

"Big mistake, come on."