samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Sam recognised the boxers she got him two years ago for his birthday; it was blue silk with Homer Simpson on it saying 'DOH'.

"Carter?"

"Here sir, SG11 is due back in an hour and you've been asleep for over four hours." She passed him his coffee.

"Thanks." He took sip of the hot drink.

"I'll be in my lab if you need me, Sir."

"Ok, thanks for the coffee."

Then he watched as Sam turned and walked away just as he closed his door. Jack had a shower and shaved, then he went to the mess hall for some lunch before seeing SG11 off and then he went and did his paperwork that would be waiting for him. The next day Daniel and the Captain were released from the infirmary which they both were pleased about.

Daniel and Jacob noticed over the next few days how distant Jack had become, how he spent all the time either in his office or in his quarters. He only appeared when there was a briefing or incoming wormhole.

On Friday, it was Sam's day off for the next three weeks; she and Pete were picking up Mark and the family. She was also worried about her wedding dress that she ordered four months ago.

When she called them two weeks earlier, they said it was sent a week ago, which she thought was odd when they told her the first time she spoke to them on the phone that it would take a month to make. When she and Pete were waiting for Mark's plane to arrived she was worried and nervous.

"Sam, what's wrong?"

"My wedding dress hasn't arrived."

"Yes it has, it's at home." Sam was shocked.

"Why didn't you tell me, Pete?"

"Sorry, I forgot to tell you; after all we've hardly seen one another in weeks. I went around to you place one day when it arrived, and since you were away for two weeks, I took it home with me, sorry."

He held on to her hand, she looked into his eyes and noticed he was holding something back from her but didn't know what it was.

"Well, after dropping Mark and the family off at my place I'll go and pick my wedding dress up from your place."

"Sure."

Then they heard that Mark's plane landed, so Sam put on a brave face. When Mark and the family arrived, they were all happy except for Sam who was having second thoughts about the wedding but she put on a brave face.

Once they all had their bags, they all left and headed to Sam's place since Mark's family is staying at her place. When they arrived, Jacob was there waiting for them.

"Dad, I've got to pick up my wedding dress, I'll be back soon."

"Ok Sam." Then she left them alone and headed to Pete's place to pick up the dress.

Jacob and Selmac noticed the look on Sam face that some thing wasn't right but when they had a chance they would talk to Sam about what bothering her. Half an hour later she returned back home with a box in hand. She took it to her bedroom and left it there then returned to talk to her family and made sure that they were settling in ok. That evening they all got together for a pre-wedding dinner. Both families were there, so were Hammond, Daniel, Cassie and Teal'c. They were all having drinks. Sam was looking around and noticed one person wasn't there. So she walked over to Daniel. "Daniel where's General O'Neill?"

"Don't know Sam I've been worried about him."

"What do you mean?"

He grabbed her elbow and they walked into the next room to talk. Jacob and George noticed and Daniel gave Jacob a worried look so they followed them into the next room. When the door was closed behind the four of them:

"What's going on."

"Sam we've all been worried about Jack in the past few days."

"What's wrong?"

"He's become distant, not just from us, his friends but for everyone and everything. He's either sleeping, in his office or in his quarters. He's hardly eating a thing."

"Why didn't you guys tell me sooner?" She was starting to worry.

"Sam, the reason why he is like this because he is in love with you and you're getting married tomorrow." Sam closed her eyes and let it all set in, then she opened them.

She knew her father was right about Jack being in love with her, because she was still in love with him but they couldn't be together cause of the regs. Then she remembered the talk eight or nine months ago when she showed him the ring. The look on his face, in his eyes, she realized now that he was hurting like when she was humming in the elevator, the look he gave her and the way he talked to her, she realized what she had done. She had hurt the man she truly loves. "What… what should I do?" Tears were falling down her cheeks and Jacob pulled her into a hug.

"It up to you Sam, but I suggest you talk to him." He pulled back and pulled a white stone out of his pocket and passed it to her. "We will wait for your return."

"Thanks, Dad." Then she pushed the button and she was gone.

When she was aboard Promethis, the lieutenant was waiting for her and gave her a nod then she was beamed down into his office. Jack jumped up from his chair when there was a bright light and saw that it was Sam.

"Carter, what are you doing here, aren't you supposed to be at the pre-wedding thing?"

"I was going to ask you the same question Sir."

"I'm busy" Sam shook her head.

"That is just an excuse."

"Carter, it is none of your business, now just beam your self back to the party." He sat down again and picked up a file and tried to read. Sam put her hands on his desk as she bent over to try to look at him as she waited. When he looked up at her minute later

"You're still here?"

"Yes I am, are you still in love with me?"

"Carter, you're way out of line."

"Stuff the regs, Jack." she said yelling at him. He closed the file and threw it on his desk.

"Colonel you're way out of line." he yell at her. Everyone outside heard them yelling so they stoped and listened in.

"You look me straight in the eye and tell me that you don't love me."

Jack looked at her and he knew he couldn't lie to her; he swallowed a lump in his throat and looked away. He sat down in his chair and covered his face with his hands then rubbed them through his hair, then looked up at the woman he loved and shook his head.

"I can't."

"So you do love me?"

"Always." Then he stood up and walked around the desk and stood in front of her and held on to both of her hands while looking at her.

"Carter, Sam I love you more than I'm supposed to, but we both know that we can't be together because of the regs but I will promise you this. That I will always be there for you no matter what happens."

Tear falling down her cheek, Jack got his thumb and wiped it way as well cupping her face, she leaned into his hand while still looking into his eyes.

"I love you too Jack a lot more than I'm suppose to."

"Always?"

"Always."

"I'll be at your wedding tomorrow if you still want me there?"

"Yes I do."

"Then I'll be there."

"Thank you."

"You better get back."

"Yeah, I better." she leaned forward and gave Jack a kiss before stepping back.

"My heart and soul will always belong to you Jack, just remember that."

"Same here Sam."

Then she pushed the button and she was back on Promethis then back in the room. She went to the ladies room for a moment before she went back out to the party with fake smile.