samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Then the music changed and everyone stood up just as Jacob and Sam started walking down the isle, they also had fake smiles on their faces. Sam had a veil over her face that Pete didn't want her to cover her face. When they reached the front Jacob didn't look at Pete, he gave Sam a kiss on the check before sitting down next to his grandkids.

Daniel, Teal'c and Jack noticed the look Cassie gave Pete and the fake smiles all three of them had on their faces but all they could do was watch. In the end when it came to kissing the bride, it was just a quick kiss.

After the introductions, almost everyone clapped to cheer them on. Then they walked down the isle not holding hands or with her hand on his arm, he was to busy getting handshakes for his friends.

When Sam saw Jack, they looked at each other and he and others saw tear falling down her cheeks like she had the night before in his office, but he notice something else in her eyes.

It was a sad look and all he wanted to do is stand up and step in front of her and give her a hug and let her know that he was there for her, he mouth the words 'always' to her and she did back to him.

When they were outside Cassie picked up Sam's train and passed it to her, then Sam and Cassie moved out of the way since Pete's friends were surrounding him, congratulating him and then his family did the same.

Fifteen minutes later the photographer wanted some photos taken of the bridal party so everyone got out of the way while it was taken. Sam and Jack were looking at each other the whole time.

When it was over, guests started heading towards them then they all heard scratching of tyres as a car went around a corner and heading towards them.

Everyone went into shocked when the passager and the guy in the back seat pulled out guns on the group and started firing as the car went past, the cops got their guns out and started firing as every one got down on the ground.

One cop managed to shoot out the back tyre as the car started to speed off and ended up crashing into two cars while the off duty officers went to the arrest the guys from the car, some of the others called cops and ambulances.

There were people on the ground still, wounded, including Pete and Sam. Jacob, Jack and others went over to them; Cassie started barking order to everyone on what do to since she was full qualified paramedic and training to become a doctor like Janet.

Jack looked around to notice Sam was still on the ground, he ran over to her with Jacob in tow. When he reached her, he rolled her on to her back and saw three bullet wounds in her, two in her chest and one in her stomach.

"NOOOO." Jack yelled out as he picked her up in his arms and held her close to him as he cried, others that have known them turn and looked at who was yelling and were shock to see who it was and who was in his arms.

Cassie ran over to them and crouched down and picked up Sam wrist and was shocked.

"Jack, lay Sam down."

"No, she's dead, Cassie she's dead."

"Jack, look at me." He looked up at her with tears falling down his cheeks.

"Jack, she is alive, there is a pulse but it's weak." Then they all heard sirens.

"She's alive?"

"Yes, Jack please let me work. If you do, you can go with her to the hospital."

He nodded then lay Sam on the ground but stayed close while she checked her over then the Air Force paramedics showed up. Cassie got them to take Sam straight away since she was losing a lot of blood. Jack went with her.

On the way she went flat line but they were able to revive her. When they arrived at the hospital they rushed her into surgery. All he could do was wait. He went to the phones and called the SGC and got Walter to call the Chief of Staff and the President to let them know about the drive by shotting when Jacob showed up.

"Jacob, how many wounded?"

"Seventy five wounded, one dead. George and ten other personal are wounded, they're on their way here, so are some of the wives of the personal."

"Got that Walter?… yep."

"Jack." Jack looked at Jacob.

"Hang on, what is it Jacob?"

"Pete Shannon is the one who died at the scene, a bullet hit him in the heart, he was dead before he hit the ground." Jack closed his eyes, then opened them.

"Got that Walter?… Ok thanks." Then he hung up, then he covered his face with his hands; Jacob put his hand oh his shoulder. When Jack removed his hands, tears were falling down his cheeks.

"Sam went flat line on the way here, they were able to revive her and remove blood from both of her lungs, one collapsed on the way here."

"We know what she can do Jack, we know she is a fighter."

"True."

"Come on, let's go and sit down." They went and sat down in the waiting room.

"Sam told me last night about the talk you two had."

"Yeah, I promised her that I'll be there for her."

"Yes and you are Jack." Then they heard more people showing up, either on gurneys or walking past them in the corridors. Daniel and Teal'c showed up.

"How's Sam?"

"Just hanging on, who where those guys?" Jacob said.

"They were from a gang, their leader and seven others were sent to prison three days earlier. Pete and five other officers were the arresting officers in a drug bust. They saw the wedding announcement in this morning's paper and they were watching when everyone arrived for the wedding so they went back to their hide out and got their guns and returned and waited." Daniel said. Then they heard foot steps and looked up. Jacob quickly got up.

"Mark, Jan, are you guys ok?" he gave them a hug.

"Yes Dad, we are all ok, the kids are in shock with what has happen, any word on Sam?"

"Still in theatre, how's Pete family handling this?"

"Not good, Peter's sister, Mary, was also shot."

"Oh no."

"She was shot in the leg and shoulder but she is going to be ok."

"What a nightmare all of this has been."

"We know Dad" They all sat down in silence and waited.

More personal showed up when they got word about what happened and offered to donate blood if needed. Half an hour later they all heard bunches of footsteps and then voices.

"General O'Neill." Everyone's head snapped up at the voice and the personal stood up at attention when they saw the Chief of Staff and the President and his men there. Jack didn't even stand. They waved the guys to sit down.

"General, Mr. President, sorry for not standing up at the moment."

"We understand, we came as soon as we were told what happened, any news on Colonel Carter?" He shook his head and sat back in the chair, they saw the blood on his Dress Blues jacket.

"Mr. President, General Frances, this is retired General Jacob Carter, Sam father." Daniel said.

"Mr. President, General."

"Jacob, how are you holding up, how's George?" They shook hands.

"Still no word on George, Henry and I still can't believe you're the President."

"You and me both Jacob." Then Jacob turned and looked at Mark and Jan who were both shocked, then he turned to look at Henry.

"Henry this is Mark, my son and daughter-in-law Jan." He pointed to them.

"Nice to meet you both and sorry about what has happen to your friend and sister."

"Thank you." Then he turned to his father.

"I didn't know you know the President, Dad?"

"We go way back Mark, he use to be Air Force during the Vietnam War; we use to serve together with George."

"Ok." They sat down and talked while waiting to hear any news. Two hours later Dr. Warner walked into the waiting room.

"General O'Neill." Jack stood up and walked over to the doctor.

"How is she?" Everyone waited for a reply.

"We've done everything we could, she's in a coma."

"Can I see her?"

"Later."

"Please, just for a minute?" He looked at Jack's face and knew the rumours going around the SGC about them when he was a colonel; he nodded then Jack turn to the others.

"Jacob, General, Mr. President, I need to talk to you alone."

Then Jack turned and followed the doctor, the others followed Jack down to where Sam's room was and they walked inside, the President told his men to wait outside. When they walked in and over to the bed, they could see the tubes and monitors everywhere.

Jack walked up to the side of the bed and bent over and gave her a kiss on her forehead while stroking her hair. Then he turned and looked at Jacob, Jacob could see in his eyes that he was asking for his permission then he gave him a nod.

"General, Mr. President, there is something you should know that was left out of my report after I had the second download."

"General?"

"Sirs, I left it out for a reason, I hope you understand?"

"What did you left out?" Henry asked.

"Thor didn't remove everything from my head, I still have the healing powers of the Ancients."

"What, you know?" Jack put his hand up.

"Sir, the Trust."

Then they thought about what he said and knew that if the Trust ever found out, they would try to kidnap him like what had happened to Sam a few years ago because of the millionaire who wanted a cure for his sickness and how close Sam was to almost dying because of it and what the Trust would do if they ever found out about Jack's secret.

"So you can heal her?"

"Yes, but just enough for her to come out of the coma and also heal her lungs."

They nodded and Jack turned to look at Sam then he put one hand over her chest and spread his hand wide so it covered both lungs and heart and his other hand on her forehead like what he did with Jacob.

Then he closed his eyes and concentrated on the areas he wanted to heal. They all could hear the heart monitor increase and watched her chest rise as she was taking a deep breath and letting it out again, then they waited, and it happened again.