samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


An hour later, Jack walked over to his truck to see Jacob waiting there.

"Shall we?" Jack said.

Then he walked past him and unlocked the doors and got in, then Jacob did as well. Jack started up the truck and drove them out of the mountain and headed to his place. When they arrived there and got out, they headed inside the house and took their jackets off and hung them up.

"Follow me." Jacob followed Jack down to the spare bedroom and turned around.

"Jack, why here?"

"Trust me."

"Ok, what do I do?"

"Take your shoes off and lie down on the bed."

Jacob walked over to the bed and took his shoes off and lay down on the bed. Jack sat down next to him.

"Close your eyes and relax."

Jacob closed his eye and relaxed, then he felt Jack move then he felt a hand on his forehead and hand over his heart. He was like that for few seconds till he felt warmth going from Jack's hands through his body. He felt Selmac move when she hasn't in over two weeks. He felt his heart racing and his temperature started to rise through out his body, then he felt energy flowing through him, something he hasn't felt since blending with Selmac. Then he fell into peaceful a sleep couple of minutes later.

When Jack opened his eyes, he moved his hands away and stood up and put a cover over Jacob, then he walked out of the room and closed the door partly before he walked down to the living room and sat down and turned TV on. A few minutes later he also fell asleep. After he healed Jacob, it tired him out.

Three hours later Sam showed up at Jack's place, not noticing that Pete was following her. She knocked on this door and there was no answer, so she tried again, same thing, so she tried to see if the door was locked. It wasn't. She opened it and walked in and then closed the door behind her. She looked in the living room when she heard the TV going, where she saw Jack asleep.

She watched him for few minutes, she noticed something different about him that she hadn't notice before, it was his face, they way he slept, it looked like he was two years younger than he was a few hours ago when she saw him last. She looked around and noticed her father wasn't there, so she went looking for him.

When Jacob found her in her lab, he told her that he was going around to Jack's place for couple of hours since Jack wanted to speak to him off base. When he didn't return, she decided to go to Jack's place to make sure everything was ok. She walked down the hallway looking for her father. When she saw him, he was sleeping on one of the guest beds. She watched him for few minutes before leaving him to rest.

She walked back and into the kitchen and made herself cup of coffee then she walked outside to his back patio and sat down to think while drinking her coffee. She was thinking about the talk she'd had with Pete on the way back to his truck.

"Sam you know the house I showed you?"

"Yes."

"I brought it," he said smiling.

"What?" she was shocked that he brought the house with out talking to her about it.

"Yeah, and after we are married I was going to get a dog, after all it's got a big back yard." he said smiling.

"A dog?"

"Yeah, so you like the surprise?"

"Pete you didn't even talk to me about it."

"But you like surprises, don't you?"

"I do, but when it comes to things like a house and dog, well you're supposed to talk to me about things like that, it seems I don't have a say in anything anymore."

Then the doors opened and they walked out and walked over to where he signed the book and give back his 'visitor' pass while Sam used the scanner before they walked over to his truck.

"Sam what are you saying?"

"It seems that you've been deciding on everything without talking to me about it."

"Well what do you want?" he looked at her soon as they reached his truck.

"For one the house, it is beautiful, but I would like to look around at other homes first, but we do it together, and the same with wedding plans, we do it together."

"But you work long hours."

"I can get time off if I talk to General O'Neill, at the moment I've got other things on my mind, the house and wedding are the last things to worry about at the moment."

"Sam don't you want to get married?"

"Yes, of cause I do, but… I'm just worried about my father."

"Worried, he's got one of those things living in him."

"Look you don't understand, I'll talk to you in a couple of days."

"What about the flowers."

"I said in a couple of days" then she turned around and walked back to the first check point without giving him a kiss.

Sam took a deep breath, as she thought about what had happened in the past few months, with her promotion, surprise engagement, her father showing up, the ancient weapon that destroyed all the replicaters, her father collapsing, Pete meeting her father for the first time, Jack showing up with the grin on his face which helped relieve some of the tension in the room, the way Pete had been asking lots of question about what Jack called her father, the house, the upcoming wedding, everything. She was lost in through till she felt a presence and blinked few times till she saw who it was and smiled.

"Dad."

"Hi ya kiddo, are you ok?"

"Just thinking, where's?"

"Still sleeping"

"Oh, so what's going on, when I last saw you, you were looking a bit ill and now, what's going on dad?"

"It's Selmac."

"What happened" she put her coffee mug down on the table as he sat down next to her.

"We went to a planet to meet up with an operative only to find dead jaffa so we dialled to another planet before dialling home. I wasn't dialling fast enough, she became ill two days later, but I convinced her to hang on a bit longer since we found out about the ancient weapon and what was happening with the replicaters."

"Oh god, so that is why she been quiet, is she resting?"

"Coma." Sam closed her eyes to let it all soak in then opened them with tears falling down her checks.

"What are you saying dad that she's dying?"

"Was."

"Was?" she looks confused.

"Dad what aren't you telling me?"

"I healed him." Sam turned around and stood up.

"Sir?"

"Better come inside, oh Shannon is outside across the road watching this place."

"What, I'll be right back."

She walked down the steps and around the side of the house, while Jack and Jacob walked inside and walked to the front door, looking through the blinds, watching Sam.

"Pete what the hell are you doing here?" she yelled at him.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"My father is here, if you must know." He looked over Sam's shoulder to see Jacob standing in the doorway looking at them.

"But this is General O'Neill's house?"

"How did… you did a background check on him didn't you?" She was getting angry by that time.

"Sam."

"No, don't you Sam, me, just leave me alone."

She turned around and walked back to the house and inside. Jack closed the door while Jacob pulled her into a hug.