samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Sorry for taking so long in up dating this story. enjoy this next chapter


Chapter 10

Daniel opened up one of the containers, which had 'food' written on it. He laughed when he saw what was inside.

"What's so funny?" Ferretti asked.

Daniel lifted a box out and opened it to show the others. "It cake and there are donuts and other food in this one."

Teal'c opened one of the cooler containers and picked up a six pack of beer and a note. He passed it to Ferretti.

"It's from the General alright. He said 'Here's your birthday cake, Lou." Then he looked at the others.

"It's your birthday today?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah. Trust Jack to remember it."

"What else does the note say?"

"'Here's your birthday cake, Lou. I added a few unauthorised treats so SG1 and 2 can have a small shindig of your own since you're off world. Happy fortieth birthday and see you guys in three days, O'Neill'."

"Well now I know why there are these candles in here."

Daniel put the box down and picked up a '4' and a '0' blue and white candles. Every one laughed. "Well let's party." They all cheered.

"O'Neill did say, a few years ago, 'there is no party without cake'." They all laughed.

"That' Jack alright," Daniel said smiling.

They checked out the rest of the food and drinks containers. Then they started having their little party.

When they got to the Stargate, Sam took the power box and connected it up to the DHD then she gave John Shepherd a nod. She watched the gate spin and a wormhole form. John piloted his ship through the gate first, then the other three followed few seconds later, and then the gate shut down.

Sam disconnected the box, picked it up and turned to the ship while Jack dialled home. Minutes later they were back at the SGC.

Over the next few days, Jack and Sam kept themselves busy. They received a message from Atlantis to thank them for the ships and drones and they sent the latest reports on what happened in the past month as well the attack a few days earlier.

On Friday morning, Jack and Sam flew to Chicago for Jack's nephew's twenty-first birthday party which was the next day. It was being held at his parent's place since they had a big back yard.

When their plane landed at the airport and they got their bags, they walked towards the exit. When they got there, a limo was waiting for them. The driver was holding a sign saying 'O'Neill'. They walked over to the driver.

"I'm Jack O'Neill." Jack pulled out his wallet and showed the guy his driver's licence.

"Mr O'Neill, may I take care of your bags for you?"

"Thanks."

Jack and Sam passed their bags to the driver; they watched him put them in the trunk. He closed the trunk, then walked around and opened the back door for them. They got in and he closed the door.

"What have you got planned for us tonight, Jack?" They heard the driver get in and start the limo.

"Quiet night, room service."

"Mmm sounds good. So how about we do some shopping for a couple of hours?"

"Sounds good to me."

"Looking forward to seeing your mom and dad?"

"Yep, you?" he asked smiling.

"Yep and I know that you're looking forward to tomorrow."

They talked 'til the limo stopped outside their hotel. When they got out, they looked around then collected their bags and walked into the hotel. They stepped up to the reception desk where Jack signed some papers then the clerk passed him a key card. Jack thanked him then they headed toward the elevators.

A few minutes later they were in their hotel room. They put their bags on the bench, which was at the end of the bed, and they hung up their suit bags.

They took turns in going to the bathroom to relieve themselves. When Jack walk out of the bathroom he walked over to Sam. She was looking out the window.

"Hey what are you thinking about?" Sam turned to him and smiled.

"How I'm looking forward to spending this weekend with you, no Ancient devices to look at, no memos to read, no going off world, now BDUs." Jack smiled.

"I know what you mean, Sam. You wanted to go shopping, so let's go shopping." Sam laughed.

Sam picked up her shoulder bag up then they walked out of their room.

They spent two hours shopping and having fun before returning to the hotel with bags in hand. They decided to go out for dinner since they had spotted a steak restaurant while shopping and decided to go there to eat.

After they dropped their bags off and relieved themselves, they left their room again and walked down to the restaurant, which was a twenty-minute walk from the hotel.

When they arrived, they looked around then walk over to a table and sat down. A waitress walked over, greeted them and handed them menus. She asked for their drink orders and stated she would be right back to answer any questions they might have.

Three hours later, they returned to their hotel room. Once there, they stripped off their clothes and got into bed where they spent the next two hours making passionate love before falling asleep in each other arms.

The next morning after breakfast, they both went to the hotel spa where they spent the next four hours getting pampered. While they were both in the mud bath wearing green masks, Sam started giggling.

"What's so funny, Sam?"

"Oh just thinking about what the reaction will be when Daniel and the others find out that big bad General, of the United States Air Force, Jack O'Neill got a beauty treatment."

"Very funny and I hope you don't tell them."

"I won't Jack … I'll tell Dad." Then she laughed as Jack groaned.

"Funny."

When they finished their spa treatment, Jack got his hair cut while Sam got her hair styled and make up applied. When they finished, they walked back to their room where they had room service for their late lunch. While waiting for their lunch, they started to get ready.

When their lunch arrived, they ate it while talking. When they finished and were dressed, they were ready to go. Jack was wearing tan slacks with a light blue shirt and his black jacket.

Sam was wearing a green sleeveless dress featuring twisted shoulder straps, a V-neck and back, gathered surplice bodice, empire waist with gathered waistband and an A-line skirt. She had added a diamond pendant necklace and earrings to match.

"Wow, Sam, you look beautiful."

"You look hot yourself," she said smiling.

"Shall we go?" Sam picked up her purse, which matched her dress. Then they walked out of their hotel room and walked down to the foyer while holding hands.

When they stepped outside, their limo was waiting for them. Once they were in, they were on their way to Jack's parent's home.

When they arrived, they saw cars, vans and SUVs everywhere. When the limo stopped, they got out and thanked the driver before walking up the steps. Jack opened the door and walked in with Sam behind him.

They could hear people talking and music playing coming from the back of the house. They walked through to the kitchen. Jack smiled when he saw the back of his mother at the counter.

He walked over and leaned over her shoulder. "Watcha doing?" making her jump then turn around.

"Jonathan O'Neill!" She slapped his arm.

"How many times have I told you not to sneak up on me?"

"Hi, Mom."

"Hi Mom, I'll tan your backside!" Sam giggled.

"Hi, Jackie." Sam stepped around Jack and gave her a hug.

"Hi Sam. You look fantastic."

"Thank you. As for Jack here, I'm used to him sneaking up on me." Jackie laughed, and then she gave Jack a hug.

"You will never change, son."

"I know, but you love me still," he said smiling.

"Yes I do. Go on out back. Just about everyone else is here."

They walked outside to see a large marquee up, with tables and chairs everywhere. They saw the DJ as they looked around.

"Want a drink, Sam?"

"Sure." Jack walked down the steps to the bar, while Sam continued to look around.

John was talking to two of Brian's friends when one of them gave a wolf whistle.

"Wow! Who is that hot looking blonde?" John turned to see who the guy was looking at and smiled, and then he turned to the guys.

"That is Colonel Samantha Carter."

"Colonel, as in Army?"

"Air Force and she is one hell of a solider."

"How do you know her?"

"She is soon to be my daughter-in-law."

"Daughter-in-law? But all of your sons are married."

"Jack isn't, but he will be next year."

"You mean General Jack O'Neill, black ops?"

"Yep, and Sam can kick his ass. If you will excuse me." He turned and walked toward Sam. When Sam saw John, she walked down the steps and over to him.

"John."

"Sam, it's good to see you again." They embraced for a warm hug.

"Where's Jack?"

"Getting us drinks."

"Ah. Well you sure know to get attention."

"Meaning?"

"I was talking to a couple of Brian's friends. They think you look hot and were wondering who you are." Sam smiled.

"Well, they can look but can't touch." He laughed.

"I feel sorry for Jack."

"He can take care of himself."

"True. Have you seen Jackie?"

"Yes, Jack got into trouble with her; he almost gave her a heart attack."

"He sneaked up on her?"

"Yes." John shook his head.

"Does he do that to you?"

"In the first year he did, after that I knew he was behind me."

"Well that's good then, he's too sneaky for his own good."

"True, but we love him."

"Yeah. So how are things… uh you know?"

"Good. We received some good and bad news."

"Oh?"

"Our budget has been cut in half but…teams one and two found a great… power source, so we are saving a lot of money." John knew Sam was talking about SG1 and two and that the power source was a ZPM.